free things to do at disneyworld

h2odivers

Mouseketeer
Trying to find things to do on property on our non-park days. And always looking for bargains.

Ummmm how about Downtown Disney?!? We usually go on our non-park day, and just walk around. Lots to see.....the new LEGO exhibits are way cool. :)

we always go there. thanks. I guess my questions pretty vague. what we are looking for is something different that we have not/did not think of.

Are you staying on property? I would just hang at my resort by the pool.
You can go check out the other resorts. See the animals at AKL. You can watch the fire works at MK from the beach at the Poly. You can also see the Electric Water Pageant from there. I'm sure there are other things to do for free I just cant think of any. lol There are plenty of cheep things to do like mini golf. If you buy a Magic Your Way package you get a coupon for one free round for one person.

you could always head over to the campgrounds and watch a movie and have a sing along with Chip and Dale

I would definitely head over to the AKL Jambo House. They have activities going on all day over there. For a bunch of the activities you earn a bead at the end of the program and for each bead activity you do you will end up making an african themed key chain or bracelet and they are free to do. You can do animal rubbing in the lobby, see the animals on the safari, there is a playground. Dinner at Boma rocks, it is so yummy. The Mara (quick service) is really yummy too. Plus I can never pass up the zebra paws dessert.....so freaking yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all great suggestions. done the campfire and movie and highly recommend it. Another great place to watch the fireworks at the MK is the rooftop bar/rest. at the Contemporary hotel. Definitely going to AKL and do the bead thing never heard of it before. Any more suggestions???

Another great place to watch the fireworks at the MK is the rooftop bar/rest. at the Contemporary hotel.

You'll need reservations at the California Grill now to get into the elevator. They won't let you up just for fireworks.

You'll need reservations at the California Grill now to get into the elevator. They won't let you up just for fireworks.

While I understand the need to do this, I hate that this wonderful option is gone. About 12 years ago we were up there watching the fireworks from Disney on the left hand side and the liftoff of the space shuttle on the right hand side - they happened at the same time - it was AWESOME! :yay:

Easiest if you have a car. Go to the Team Disney Building which is across Buena Vista Drive from Planet Hollywood. It is an office building, so you will have to show a driver's license and sign in. Tell the person at Security that you want to see the Sundial.

You can go inside the world's largest actual (and accurate) sundial. Obviously this should not be done on a cloudy and overcast day.

Check on MouseSavers.com. It's free to sign up for the monthly newsletter and if you register before 15 May, your subscription will start with the May "issue" (it's all on-line). There's a selection for free and cheap things to do at WDW.

Queen Colleen

thanks tigger51276,
do you know if this is an activity that a young boy and a young girl would like? Do i need to make reservations? Is it free or what does it cost? Do you have any other great suggestions?
Thanks h2odivers

Thanks Cheshire Figment,
The sundial is a great idea, i bet 99% of visitors never even heard of it. I never did. Do we need to make a reservation? How much does it cost? do you know the address? You said its across the street from Planet Hollywood. We won't have a car but will be staying at POFQ so we can take the boat to DTD. Is it possible to walk there? Any other info on the sundial, and or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Do you have any other different, unique, and/or free activities.
thanks h2odivers

You can also see free movies on the beach at the Beach & Yacht Club.

I was going to say this one too.
Plus they have a bonfire around 6-7 p.m. and you can make marshmellows.

The boardwalk has jugglers, mime's, magicians, etc. from 6-9 p.m.

The campground has bow and arrows to shoot, that you can do around 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon. I would call about this one though, it may have a fee. You shoot at big round targets.

Ride the mono-rail from Epcot to the TTA center. Get off and Ride the mono-rail around the resorts and visit some of the mono-rail resorts. The Contemporary has the best arcade-but so does PORS.

I was going to say this one too.
Plus they have a bonfire around 6-7 p.m. and you can make marshmellows.

The boardwalk has jugglers, mime's, magicians, etc. from 6-9 p.m.

The campground has bow and arrows to shoot, that you can do around 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon. I would call about this one though, it may have a fee. You shoot at big round targets.

Ride the mono-rail from Epcot to the TTA center. Get off and Ride the mono-rail around the resorts and visit some of the mono-rail resorts. The Contemporary has the best arcade-but so does PORS.

Archery is $25 a person.

You could watch the Torch Lighting at the Polynesian.I think it starts after 5 in the lobby and progresses to out front. I think its about 20 min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter