• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Stateroom Upgrades?

whithouston

DIS Veteran
Does this ever happen at check-in? If so, what are the keys to get a free upgrade? I just looked on the Cruise Line website and there are still rooms left at different categories. If this is done, is there anything we can do to help our chances? We booked using DVC points, so I don't know if they would be more apt to do it or not. Any info. is appreciated!!! Thanks.

As mentioned on these boards all the time....there is really nothing you can do to increase your chances of a comp upgrade....they are totally random. If it happens great, if not then I hope you booked a category that you will be happy with.

You can purchase upgrades at the port on sailing day if there is availability and it is usually less expensive than if you purchased the upgrade before sailing.

But again, don't count on being upgraded for free....it is all hit or miss...and you could be very disappointed if it does not happen.

Upgrades can happen at check-in, when you get your docs and at any time. Usually your TA will let you know if they are advised by DCL. If you ask for a free upgrade at check-in they will politely tell you that you may purchase them. They will not just give you a free upgrade for asking, even if there is availability left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter