• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

free soda onboard!!

Hmmmm.....we complained and campaigned for free soda and got it. I say we start campaigning for FREE BEER! ;)

:drinking1

:cloud9: YIPPEE -- I just got a call from my AAA TA. They ARE going to give us the original $100 onboard credit for transferring our ressie to them, AND the $150 onboard for the soda package. So next year we'll have $250 onboard credit.

That will come in handy on a two-week cruise!

:jumping1:

LOL CRSNDSNY!

Is it safe to assume that there will still be a charge for soda in The Stack?

Thanks to this sight and this thread, I just spoke with my AAA TA and she called to check on the new Free soda policy. She said it was so new that the first three people she spoke with did not even know anything about it. Since we are doing a 4 night Wonder cruise and had signed up through AAA we were to get the free soda. Due to the policy change from DCL we now get an extra $50 on board credit. Hey, I do not think we would have even drank $50 worth of soda. So, I got a $100 onboard credit from AAA because I just missed the early booking price for the cruise and it went up a little from the time the TA first quoted me, $50 for using my disney Visa to pay for the trip and now $50 for the soda deal. she said there would be a credit card in our stateroom waiting for us with the $200 credit on it!

Thanks fellow Disers!

:Pinkbounc :wave:

This is great news...I'll never have to schlep on my own soda again!:Pinkbounc Also, another reason to sail Disney over the other cruiselines!;)

I have been on two Disney cruises during the summer and paid peak prices$
Sorry, at the price Di$ney charges, soda should have been included long ago! This new policy does not excite me..........:o

I have asked many people -- from experienced DCL travelers to TA's to Disney CM's -- and the bottom line is that you cannot "stack" onboard credits. Initially many think and say that it is possible, but when it got down to it they were not allowed. So if you can't get a credit for booking onboard on top of a TA's promotional onboard credit then I don't see how, unless DCL is making some sort of special exception, that you can get AAA's onboard credit on top of a prior booking credit -- first time cruiser, onboard booking, booking with Disney Visa, or whatever.

If there are some special rules about this, I would like to get confirmation from someone who has specifically cleared this with Disney. I had considered transferring a booking to AAA for the mugs, but if they are giving an onboard credit then that is worthless to me unless DCL will honor it on top of my onboard booking credit.

Actually I wish that the soda program was still offered as it had value to us, particularly my husband. We got most of our soft drinks at Promenade Lounge and Preludes and now would have to pay for them or go to the drink station on Deck 9.

Tinkmom: I got my information straight from my AAA TA. It goes like this: DCL is giving the onboard credit to people who booked their cruise through AAA because the soda package was part of that program. The other $100 onboard credit I am getting is being offered directly from my local AAA office per their office manager as an incentive to move my reservation over to them. And yes, both onboard credits will be honored because I have paperwork and receipts for both.

The $150 onboard credit is noted directly on my cruise documents and receipts as part of our package with DCL via AAA. The $100 onboard credit is done through a voucher with AAA and will be applied to our account when we board.

As far as "stacking" onboard credits, I can't speak for any other promotions or transfer credits that other people are getting. However, I know mine are valid.

Hello-getting free pop (as we northerners call it) is great to hear and will save me 70.00 on our upcoming 9/25 cruise-i guess it is not free at the bars because there is no need for designated drivers on a cruise ship-LOL
what is a soda machine-fountain pop or canned?
darcy:wave2:

Originally posted by Tinkmom
I had considered transferring a booking to AAA for the mugs, but if they are giving an onboard credit then that is worthless to me unless DCL will honor it on top of my onboard booking credit.

Tinkmom:

Upon re-reading your post and the above quote, I think I know what you are saying. If you booked your trip with DCL while onboard and got a special credit for that, then no, I do not think you can transfer it to AAA and get another credit. You got the DCL credit for booking onboard; therefore, transferring it to another TA would be like "double dipping".

I booked my ressie directly with DCL first (not onboard), never getting any type of credit or reward. So if I transfer it to AAA, they are giving me a credit directly from them, and Disney is giving me a credit from them for the discontinued soda package.

Anyway, not trying to beat a dead horse here -- just trying to see if I can explain it better. :chat:

Will they give those of us who booked on the west coast 2005 cruises the credit too? Or is that just for those who booked in 2004? I booked before the soda changes were announced so I hope I get the credit. That would be great!

HOLLYSTER2:

The reservation I am referring to is for August 2005. As long as you are travelling after June 12, 2004. However, I'm sure this deal won't be around forever and eventually DCL and AAA will come up with a replacement gift for the soda package instead of the onboard credit.

But I was told if you book now and get that credit, it will be good for the cruise next year.

I rebooked while onboard and received a $200 credit from DCL. When I got back, I transferred my ressie to Dreams. At the time, they were offering a rebate so I saved $75 off my total, and they were also offering a shipboard credit. I was told I could not get the shipboard credit through them since I already had one from DCL.

Here is the email I received from Dreams:

Disney facilitates the shipboard credit promotion we offer and they have limitations on who can receive the credit. We are not permitted to give the additional shipboard credit to clients transferring their shipboard bookings to us during the promotion. Their rules are that the booking has to be a new one made during the promotion period. Disney policy also prohibits combining shipboard credits. Since your shipboard credit for booking on the ship is coming from Disney as well, they will not combine it with this shipboard credit promotion (which is also funded by Disney).

It looks like only certain shipboard credits can be combined.

Reneé

No offense to anyone, but if this thread is going to turn into a discussion about who will recieve what credits from whom, then how about we start another thread. This was originally about the announcement from DCL about them making soda free and how those that have booked with AAA will be getting a credit since the AAA soda program is obsolete due to soda being free onboard.

This is a happy thread. :teeth: ::yes:: :wave:
Soda will be free!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

No offense taken. I was only posting what I had received for informational purposes. I'm sorry if I made the thread go off topic.

Reneé

No apologies necessary Renee. :flower3:
Obviously I was thinking we were getting off topic, but also that we'd get more and better responses about the credits being allowed, or not allowed as the case may be, with a new thread. ::yes::

I called Disney yesterday and they told me that YES I would be getting my $200 onboard credit for rebooking on the ship as well as the $75 for AAA.. They were stackable.

Maybe they are making an exception for this AAA credit.

Ginny

I am so excited!:Pinkbounc

I was wondering if I would have the money to do the new Aromastone Therapy spa treatment, now I do!! Plus we can now get the soda for free.

Thank you Disney!!!:boat:

I have a question, I see that a lot of people have switched their reservations to AAA and received a credit. I have reservations with All Seasons Travel do you think if I switch to AAA my price of the cruise would go up? Our trip is paid in full since we are leaving in August.

Thanks,
Lyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter