Free Shipping on Hydro Flask!

From all I have read, Hydro Flask bottles are fabulous. It is a double walled bottled with great insulating qualities.
But Themos brand also has a double walled steel bottle, description says it keep liquids cold for 12 hours. It has a flip top opening. I think I would like that style top better. If I get one, I will report back.

Please do report back if you get one. The flip top sounds more to my liking. :goodvibes

Hydro flasks are great, i left one in the car last week. I had ice water in the bottle. When I opened it a day later there was still ice and water in the bottle.

What's acceptable as far as requesting or refilling water bottles in the hotels or at Disney parks?

Can you use the water spouts at the fountain stations?

Just ask for a cup of water, then pour the water into your bottle.

I have two Red 18 oz ones I bought off Amazon. Love the first one, so, I went back and ordered the second one for home and to take with me to WDW. The first one I took to work with me. I received them within a Week ordering off of Amazon.

I came this close to ordering the red 18 oz. Hydro Flask from Amazon last week. I actually placed the order and hit submit and then cancelled the order two minutes later!

I just did not think I would like sipping out of the metal neck. My personal "fear" or something. I wanted a sipping flip top or a straw. I kept searching on Amazon and these were the two choices. Both are double walled thermal Thermos bottles. Keeps cold twelve hours, according to the label.

Flip top with sipping straw
http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-18-Ounce-Hydration-Bottle-Purple/dp/B001EGO69A/ref=pd_sim_hi_1

Flip top with sipping spout
http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-2456P-18-Ounce-Stainless-Steel-Hydration/dp/B000FJ9DOK/ref=pd_sim_k_2

Both were $20.00 at Target.
I bought the first one. What won me over was the pretty purple floral design and the straw. Especially when I am driving, I do not like to tilt my head back.

I did a comparison at work with the bottle I used to use. Water and several ice cubes. After one hour, sipping some from each bottle, the new water in the new bottle was still quite cold, my old water bottle with a neoprene sleeve was only sort of cold.

Experiment two - ice cubes and water, several hours later, ice had melted, but
water still very cold.

I decided that keeping the liquid cold for twelve hours was not really that important to me. I am never all that far from a source of cold water/ice. And at only 18 ounces, I'd better be refilling it more often than every few hours!

So as a bottle for long term storage, maybe not.
For the convenience of having a cold one close by at my desk (such a pretty bottle!) or or in the car, it is great.

It would also be good to carry at WDW, stopping to fill it every hour at the nearest counter service eatery.

My Thermos Raya bottle does not sweat.
It was the weirdest sensation to hold a bottle that was sort of warm (75-80 degree air temperature) in my hand, yet the water inside was icy cold to drink!

Hey everybody. I spent some time with Travis who is the owner of Hydroflask here in Bend Oregon. He just wanted to thank everybody who has purchased his product. The support and orders have been amazing. I am hooking him up with the podcast so he can hear the show and then direct him to the Dizboards...it would be great if there could be DIS HYDROFLASKS...they now have the ability to do silkscreening and engraving...I have contacted Kevin with this info so I hope the two companies get together and do some business.

Another cool thing about this company is that they participate in the FivePercentBack program. When you purchase any of their products, there is a engraved serial number on the product. You go to the FivePercent website and enter the serial number and 5% of your purchase price will go to a charity or non profit organization.

I hope I dont get in trouble here for being too " commericial" but this is a great product and Travis wanted to say thanks for all your orders.

:goodvibes:goodvibes

We brought our mugs with us and then filled the HF from the mugs. We filled them with ice and lemonade, which was great hours later. Then at night I would fill them with coffee so I didn't have to walk and get it early in the morning...piping hot for breakfast!

I got my partial order a few days ago and am loving them. It is a little challenging filling them with my beloved diet coke and not having it fizz over.

I did the 5% program but think GKTW needs to be added to the list of charities.

I ordered a green 21 oz. standard mouth and a sports top this weekend. I can't wait to get it. I'm sure there will be another in my future. I can imagine using one at home and leaving one in the Owner's Locker down in Florida.

Hey everybody. I spent some time with Travis who is the owner of Hydroflask here in Bend Oregon. He just wanted to thank everybody who has purchased his product. The support and orders have been amazing. I am hooking him up with the podcast so he can hear the show and then direct him to the Dizboards...it would be great if there could be DIS HYDROFLASKS...they now have the ability to do silkscreening and engraving...I have contacted Kevin with this info so I hope the two companies get together and do some business.

Another cool thing about this company is that they participate in the FivePercentBack program. When you purchase any of their products, there is a engraved serial number on the product. You go to the FivePercent website and enter the serial number and 5% of your purchase price will go to a charity or non profit organization.

I hope I dont get in trouble here for being too " commericial" but this is a great product and Travis wanted to say thanks for all your orders.

:goodvibes:goodvibes
I just ordered one, also. But please tell Travis that--like a few others--I'd like the option of a flip-top or straw hole. I drink lots (lots!) of iced tea while sitting at my desk, and having to unscrew the top each time will be inconvenient. Since I drink so much, I'll probably just leave the top off. I'm sure it will still be so much better than my glass sweating all over.

Thanks for your post.

it would be great if there could be DIS HYDROFLASKS...they now have the ability to do silkscreening and engraving...I have contacted Kevin with this info so I hope the two companies get together and do some business

Ooh, I hope this works out! DIS HydroFlasks would be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter