Free room night question

TeamMickey

Earning My Ears
I am in the process of building my room block. My FI and I are both DVC members. We are staying at the Beach Club Villas during out stay (the wedding is January 19th). Does the discounted room night apply to a DVC room? Also, we are getting married on a Tuesday. Does the stay have to be the night before or of the wedding or can add it on to the end of our stay? Please help!

as long as between you and your guests stay a total of 25 nights, you and your DFi get 1 night free at any resort you'd like, but I'm not sure if you can get a DVC room for that one night.
I'm also not sure if DVC parts of resorts get a discounted cash rate, but I know there is no point discount.
I'm not sure about everything but I'm sure someone who can confirm or deny that will be along shortly.

We are also DVC members and we are staying at BLT before the wedding and for the honeymoon. The way I understand it, you can use DVC rooms to count towards your room block numbers, but they cannot discount the rooms for you. As for the free room night you get it cannot be a DVC room, it has to be at a normal resort of your choice and it will be a honeymoon suite if they are available at the resort you choose. Also, it can be any night of your trip you would like it to be...we are going to be there Jan 8th-Jan 22nd then we are going to take our free night on the 22nd at the Polynesian because we didn't want to keep switching back and forth between resorts. Hope this helps clear things up:thumbsup2

What she said! :rotfl: We too used our free night on our last night - to minimize the resort hopping and to end our trip with a bang!

I think it doesn't hurt to ask. We were given a free night at the VWL. If you tell them that is where you are staying, they might be okay with it. And honestly, MANY cash rates for DVC rooms are CHEAPER than the honeymoon rooms.

Also, I was told if you room blocked a DVC, you or your guests would get 10% off the rack rate. But, that's off of a cash reservation. There's no discount worked in for points usage for DVC owners. For us, that wasn't worth it, since you get 30% off Deluxe's with a conference center!

My guests are getting the discount at AKV for the 1 bedroom villas.:confused3 It was more than 10% off too.

I am a DVC member too, but DH and I will not be using our points for our stay for our VR. We decided to splurge and stay 5 nights at the GF RPC. They said the free night can be any night, but usually is the night of the wedding/VR. Some of my guests are using our points for their stays and those rooms are counted towards the room block.

From what I understand you can get your free night almost anywhere as long as it doesn't go over a certain amount. For example they would probably give you a free studio for one night at a DVC resort, but not a 1 bedroom. Then you would use your points for the rest of your stay.

Thank you for the help. I talked with my consultant today and she is going to try to hold a DVC room for us. She is not sure she will be able to do this however. We are slated to stay at AKL but we want the BCV seeing that is where my wedding is. AK is our home resort so now it is a waiting game. We are going to take our free night at the GF. Did anyone do this? How was the view? Do you need to request a MK view?

Thanks again!

We will be staying at the GF. The free night they offer is a room in the main building royal palm club(concierge) with a king size bed. Because it is our vow renewal, we will be there with our kids so we took a standard room with 2 queen beds in the main building royal palm club. I believe the king honeymoon rooms have an MK view. I know the room I have booked doesn't have the view of the MK.

..... it will be a honeymoon suite if they are available at the resort you choose.....
Wow, is this bit true? I always thought you just got a standard room :cool1:

So, which resorts have honeymoon suites? And if these aren't available, do you still get a different upgraded room, or just a standard room?

The contract only guarantees you a standard concierge room, not necessarily a honeymoon suite. The Grand has one floor that they typically put honeymooners in (with views of the castle over the Marina) but these rooms are not suites. I believe the Poly has actual honeymoon suites, but you aren't guaranteed to get one as your free night. :thumbsup2

The contract only guarantees you a standard concierge room, not necessarily a honeymoon suite. The Grand has one floor that they typically put honeymooners in (with views of the castle over the Marina) but these rooms are not suites. I believe the Poly has actual honeymoon suites, but you aren't guaranteed to get one as your free night. :thumbsup2

oooh concierge, does that mean you're at club level and get access to a lounge with free brekkie and stuff?!

As DVC members, we booked our room at the WLV so that we could include the WL in our room block. I never knew you could use the villas in your room block so we just chose a hotel that would have both available so we could use our points and stay with family at the same time. AKL was just too far from the WP for us with a 10am wedding time...we had to be out for pics at 8:30am as it was...plus we wanted our guests to have transportation options and not be isolated...so we chose resorts that had more than just a bus...(ex: had the bridal party take the boat over to fort wilderness for a pre-wedding breakfast)

We took our free night at the WL and got the honeymoon suite (of which I believe they only have 4 there)...great room with a large jacuzzi tub...unfortunately we didn't get a view, but it was ok, as I was so pleased with being on concierge level and enjoying all the freebies that came along with it...DH loved the desserts and we watched the boat show from the windows in the club level while chowing down on cake!

I don't think I would have switched hotels completely...it was nice not having to load up the car and drive to a new hotel...

We also waited until the last night to use it...but we switched rooms around so much during that week to minimize the point usage that it drove DH crazy (1st 3 days in a studio, pre wedding night we got 2 2-bedrooms for our bridal parties, wedding night and post wedding night we had a 1 bedroom, then back down to a studio for 2 days before we went to the honeymoon suite)

I had to promise DH that I would never do that again...lol...though i minimized how the move worked...the studio connected to our 1 bedroom, thus making it into the 2 bedroom lockoff, then we just checked out of the studio portion for the 1 bedroom...it was really him having to move all around since he had a boys room down the hall the night before the big day...

I just spoke with my wedding consultant today. She can hold DVC rooms only if we pay cash and we cannot use our points. They are letting us switch our free night to the end and I can't wait to enjoy the perks!

Have they changed this recently? I know a lot of DFTW couples that did not get a concierge room or any type of upgrade. We were upgraded at the Contemporary to a MK view room but not concierge.

Best rule of thumb is to pay for the room type you want so that you are not disappointed if you do not get the upgrade.

Recent contracts have included the words "Deluxe Concierge King Room" in the language about the free night. However, as you say, the best guarantee of getting what you want is to pay for it :thumbsup2

We just got our confirmation letter for our free night...and we are confirmed for a honeymoon suite in the Tonga building at the POLY!! :banana:

Just got ours through, it says garden view (PB), I guess that's the most basic room? Any ideas what PB stands for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter