• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Resort Upgrade

kimr210

Earning My Ears
I am so excited!! I received an email yesterday saying that Disney wanted to upgrade our stay in april for free from the pop century to sartoga springs or old key west. Well I called and we moved up for the same rate we paid at the value resort. $110 a night for a 1br villa. I am so excied (did I say that) you would think I hit the lottery!! Just wanted to share.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats!.

Almost same thing happend to me some years ago. I was trying to get a 49$ room on International Drive, but they didnt have any rooms left, so they gave me a room at the Omni Rosen Center. The Omni was 3 times more per night, but i only payed 49$!. :)

Wow, you did hit the jackpot, good for you. Denmark, that happened to my family 3 years ago also. The Omni Rosen is pretty impressive.

That's amazing.....never heard of such a thing.

Enjoy your stay!

kaysmommie said:
Wow that's awesome! which resort did you choose? They all sound great though

I picked Saratoga Springs and she gave us a 1 br villa. Just made my day!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!

Wow, talk about a major upgrade. I've never heard of someone going from a value to a DVC, which in my opinion is better than a deluxe resort. Congrats to you!

I got the same email! I was so excited, we moved from Pop Century to Old Key West Resort, 1 bedroom villa. Woo hoo!

Wow! I never heard of that type of upgrade. Enjoy your stay!

So I wonder what is going on at POP to make them switch you? They must need those rooms for something. hmmmmm :smooth: I wonder.
And Congratulations!! enjoy your upgrade. How can you not love a free upgrade! :cool1:

I'm glad you are excited about your upgrade... cool

Of course those are the 2 hotels on property that I have no interest in stay at. We did OKW once and I did not care for it. I would be asking for a moderate or deluxe resort myself... hee hee.

I got that offer once, a long time ago. We were booked at Dixie Landing (POR) and I got a phone call asking me if I would like to upgrade to OKW/studio. I turned them down, as Dixie Landing was pretty new and I wanted to stay there. I think it's a vacation club promotional way of getting folks to see what staying at a DVC location is like and hopefully bring in new customers. WOW, a 1 bedroom at OKW is huge! you folks will be wowwed by the size.

n2mm said:
I got that offer once, a long time ago. We were booked at Dixie Landing (POR) and I got a phone call asking me if I would like to upgrade to OKW/studio. I turned them down, as Dixie Landing was pretty new and I wanted to stay there. I think it's a vacation club promotional way of getting folks to see what staying at a DVC location is like and hopefully bring in new customers. WOW, a 1 bedroom at OKW is huge! you folks will be wowwed by the size.

That would be exactly what it is. Pop is probably running very close to full occupancy and they have vacancies at the OKW/SSR and want to show the DVC to someone not a member.

Let us know if you become DVC members. LOL!
:banana: That email would sure make my day!
Trish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter