Free Resort Upgrade Pin - AoA Dec 2012

mjrusso45

Earning My Ears
I just got an email from Disney Destinations, saying our AoA LM reservation for Dec 2012 was elegible for an upgrade to an AoA suite, OR SS, OKW, or CB. At first I thought it was a DVC promo, where we had to sit through a promo on their timeshares or something. If so, then "no thanks".

But it had a PIN number attached to the email so we called. It's legit, but apparently very new because the CSR had to go away for quite awhile to figure out what it was. We got upgraded to a AoA suite!

One weird thing is they didnt have availablility for Lion King, Cars or Nemo showing, so we were assigned an "Unthemed" suite. I have no clue what that means. Do they have such a thing at AoA. I had them confirm that its still on AoA property, and she said it just didnt have any theming in the room.

I've never heard of that. In some ways it's disappointing to get an unthemed room, but otherwise a free suite upgrade for my family will be so great!

I just got an email from Disney Destinations, saying our AoA LM reservation for Dec 2012 was elegible for an upgrade to an AoA suite, OR SS, OKW, or CB. At first I thought it was a DVC promo, where we had to sit through a promo on their timeshares or something. If so, then "no thanks".

But it had a PIN number attached to the email so we called. It's legit, but apparently very new because the CSR had to go away for quite awhile to figure out what it was. We got upgraded to a AoA suite!

One weird thing is they didnt have availablility for Lion King, Cars or Nemo showing, so we were assigned an "Unthemed" suite. I have no clue what that means. Do they have such a thing at AoA. I had them confirm that its still on AoA property, and she said it just didnt have any theming in the room.

I've never heard of that. In some ways it's disappointing to get an unthemed room, but otherwise a free suite upgrade for my family will be so great!

You'll definitely have a themed room. The 'family suite' generic booking code in the system just doesn't allow you choose, or for there to be a guarantee. You'll have one of the three suite types you listed though. It will probably just depend on availability which one you end up with.

Enjoy the upgrade! :thumbsup2

Any more details about this PIN? I am going to be there in two weeks, and would love an upgrade! I guess I will have to try calling.

Any more details about this PIN? I am going to be there in two weeks, and would love an upgrade! I guess I will have to try calling.

You won't get an upgrade by calling - unless you're going to pay for it of course.

Free upgrades happen randomly based on the needs of the resort. The OP didn't get a pin - just an upgrade email. The resort is more than likely overbooked during that particular time and is offering the upgrade because of it.

Actually, there is a pin attached to these emails. We received one today. Unfortunately, we are doing our first night room only and then checking back in for free dining for a week. The upgrade offer for us was only for the first night. Not worth it to bother wit moving after just one night. Also, the pin is specific to the email/reservation.

The email included a pin. We were booked for an AOA Little Mermaid room from Dec 22-27. We were upgraded to a Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom villa, which is like a $3000 difference. I had her repeat it several times to be sure. I just received my updated email conformation with the new details. I'm really excited to try out a DVC resort!

Can you tell me what the subject of the email was?
We're staying in AoA suites at the same time my parents are staying in LM. I want to make sure Mom doesn't miss the email!

Fwiw, we just got back yesterday and were in building 5 of nemo. If you end up there AVOID the 2nd floor. It smelled like dead fish the entire time we were there!!! Disturbing considering the theme. :)

Actually, there is a pin attached to these emails. We received one today. Unfortunately, we are doing our first night room only and then checking back in for free dining for a week. The upgrade offer for us was only for the first night. Not worth it to bother wit moving after just one night. Also, the pin is specific to the email/reservation.

I just meant it's not a pin email going out to the public - like the FD offer.

The pin in your email is just the code to use for the free upgrade - kWIM?

Stinks you can't use it though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter