free refrig at Gf?

ALEXANDRAM

Earning My Ears
has anyone been at GF lately and had a complimentary refrig?
We stayed in garden view room in 2001 and microwave and refrig were free no $10 charge. Walt Disney travel tells me there is a $10.00 chrg if not in concierg room. Anyone know?

I stayed in a GF garden view room last August and did not pay for a refrigerator. We had it for one week.

We stayed at GF last August and did pay the $10 for the refrigerator. It cost us $70 for the week. This time we're driving down so we can bring an ice chest!

Originally posted by DisneyMomx7
We stayed at GF last August and did pay the $10 for the refrigerator. It cost us $70 for the week. This time we're driving down so we can bring an ice chest!
Couldn't you just buy a $2.99 styrofoam cooler from a nearby grocery/discount store and save yourselves the drive? Seems like quite a drastic change in transportation to save $70 for a mini-fridge. You might even be able to buy a couple soft collapsible coolers for under 20 bucks that you could pack in your luggage. In any event, have a safe drive or flight and have FUN!:wave2:

That is a really good idea! I never thought of taking a collapsable cooler in my suitcase! Thank you!

I just need something to hold a 1/2 gallon of milk and some cream cheese. I hate to rent a frig for just that.

Thanks Again!:wave2:

MPLsDAD,

I think the DisneyMomx7 is saying, since they are driving down, they can bring an ice chest...not...since they want to bring an ice chest, they are driving down.

If that's not the case, I'm with you....it would take alot more than $70 to get me to drive all the way from NJ!

Since we're driving down we're bringing an ice chest. My friends think we're crazy enough to drive down from NJ with three kids, but we're not nuts enough to drive down for the price of a refrigerator. The only reason we're driving is because we're going to US/IOA HRH for five days before GF so DH thinks we'll have more flexibility with timing if we drive. Plus we went last year, and didn't think we'd be back until July 2005 so this was an unexpected trip. Usually we use our AE points to airline tickets.
Anyway we have both an electric cooler and a regular one so I just have to figure out which will be easier to lug around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter