• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Quick Service Dinning

I was actually excited to get the QS plan for our next trip! "Free"! Last two trips, we only did one sit down meal (Sci Fi since it's DD's favorite). I hate having to be somewhere at a certain time! We find a lot of QS places we love, so no way we're upgrading! We're trying Pop this trip - never been but are so excited! I know what to expect, and think QS for us is perfect! Just wish they'd do something about dessert - we don't always do it (well, almost never) so are planning on bringing a small cooler to take some back to the room with us! I hate to throw food away.

We are also keeping the QSDP! We upgraded to regular DDP the first time we got free dining but we found that it occupied so much of our schedule! Plus now that we have only one "real" Disney child and 5 "adults", it would cost over 800$ to upgrade :scared1:. We do 2 or 3 TS meals that we pay out of pocket, it's much cheaper this way :thumbsup2 Since we are snackers, we miss the days when the QSDP had 2 snacks per day, those were the days... :banana:

I miss those two snack days too. That's actually the reason I have the QSDP a chance and we've never looked back. Like you, it occupied too much of our schedule.

We are keeping our QS I'm traveling with two kids under 3 and can not imagine them sitting in a restaurant for 2+ hours every day.

We kept the QSDP every time that we booked FD at a Value. We found that the cost to upgrade to the regular DDP was equal to the cost to upgrade to a Moderate, so we just book Moderate if we want free DDP. Those Value Resort trips took place when we had other priorities for our money. Rather spend my Disney dollars for extra days in WDW than on better food.
Same here. If I stay value, I keep quick service. We alternate our free dining resort each year between a value and moderate. So we do TS every two years. It helps keep our trips different each year. :)

Since this is a solo trip I am very happy with free QS DP. The only problem is I had to split my reservation 4 nights at POP with FD and 3 nights RO. I had to get the same room category so I won't have to switch rooms. I am hoping to be able to add more FD nights to my res or get a RO discount for the last three nights. To complicate things even more. I am going down to visit my nephew a current CM at the Disney Store who will be doing the CP in the Fall. He was not able to get me a Friends & Family discount for my week except for a preferred room at Boardwalk for $300/nt. I am hoping that he may be able to get a good discount at a Mod as it gets closer to the date. I wouldn't mind a split stay at another resort if it came down to that. I was happy that I could get a Lunch ADR for BOG.

Same here, it just works for us. We've done it both ways, we didn't want to have the ADR schedule hanging over our heads. There's lots of very good options on the QSDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter