• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FREE Poly Upgrades!! DRINKS around the World!! TONS of Pics of Food and Madness!!

4/25 PT 1: CRYSTAL PALACE BREAKFAST AND MK RD

The wakeup call had me up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 7:00am. I jumped in the shower and woke DBF so he could shower while I got dressed. He was not too thrilled to be waking up. He hadn't gotten to sleep until after 1am the night before. While I had passed out with much ease (I am able to fall asleep quickly, and he usually has to roll around for a good 30 minutes before being able to sleep), the grad night fireworks had kept him up. The fireworks were around midnight, I believe.

He finally rolled himself out of bed, and we were headed out the door by 7:45. I was forgetting something important.. OH! The camera! I ran back inside to retrieve the camera. The light on the charger was still that bright red shade. It now matched the lovely shade of my face. :furious: ARGH! I ran outside and asked DBF what was up. He had plugged it in the night before. <sigh> He had placed the battery in the charger facing the wrong direction. Oh well, no time now! So I grabbed the disposable back in the room and we headed off to the GCH to catch the monorail.

We arrived at the park gates by 8:10, and entered an almost deserted Main Street. I was so upset that we didn't have our camera to snap photos! In fact, I was in a pretty downright GRUMPY mood, and all by this time in the morning.. NOT a good way to start the day. :mad: We did manage to get this one, taken by a Photopass photographer. Really cool that they had them before the park opened! This turned out to be my favorite photo of the entire trip :) Even though DBF really needs a shave.. and he was tired. Heehee. But look, NO ONE behind us! Wheee!

image0684.jpg

Waltzing over to CP for our 8:25am reservation, we could feel the magic already. I have been to DLR many, many times, and it's one of my absolute favorite places. MK at WDW makes me feel like a kid again. And what comes along with being a kid? TEMPER TANTRUMS.:badpc:

Okay, I am SO not proud of this next story. I will NOT excuse my behavior with the old 'women's problems' routine.. but something really got into me while eating our breakfast. I think it was just a mixture of everything. The camera problems, DBF's grumpiness while trying to wake him up that morning, my <cough> cramps.. sorry, TMI, but had to throw that in there. I was just downright NOT feeling good. And I took it out on poor DBF. I started to lose it... even the waitress noticed our oncoming trainwreck. Let's just say that DBF left her a huge tip, feeling so bad for making her feel uncomfortable.

I pretty much started crying at the table, and DBF must have felt guilty about it, for whatever reason, (thinking it was his fault) so he got on the defensive. We started bickering, and I could just feel the tension mounting and mounting.. NOT.GOOD. I threw on my sunglassed, and I all but speed-walked out of there, I was just so embarrassed to be crying. :eek: I ran out of the park, dodging the incoming people and next thing I knew, I was boarding the resort Monorail, and back at our room. DBF hadn't even called me a single time! This made me even MORE upset. That's when I realized how crazy I was being.. my hormones were just raging out of control! (Note to women: Men may happily disregard this next sentence. I later realized that the birth control I had just started the month before did not have the same level of hormones given out every day. Therefore, I was having terrible mood swings. My period had already been over by the time we left for Orlando, but this new birth control caused me to have mood swings and even cramps throughout the trip! Needless to say, I went back to my OBGYN as soon as we returned home to the Bay Area.) Okay.. with THAT out of the way....:rolleyes1

So I was back at the room, and I noticed DBF's cellphone lying on his nightstand. No wonder he hadn't called me. So finally my cellphone rings. It's DBF calling from a payphone at the park! He was really trying to keep his composure. He asked why I had stormed out of there, and where I was. I told him I was back at the hotel. (Mind you, this was all within 20 minutes of me even leaving the park. Man, I must have been REALLY speedwalking.) He pleaded with me to come back to MK, but I just wasn't feeling up to it. I was so embrassed how I had lost my cool. So he hopped on the monorail and came back to The Poly. Once he got into the room, and saw me lying on the bed pouting, we both bursted out laughing. I felt terrible for ruining out morning, but we had a few more days in the MK, so we weren't too worried about it. And before anyone says it.. yes I know I was being completely unreasonable. I lost my cool, and I'm not proud to admit that, but I did. Luckily DBF is much more levelheaded than me, and so understanding. Maybe if I had blown up at those guys at Emeril's restaurant in Universal, or yelled at Raj, I wouldn't have lost my cool THIS day. haha! j/k

DBF suggests we have a chill out day, and go wander around the hotel. I charged our camera (the right way, this time!) for a half an hour while we went downstairs to the Club Lounge and had some juice. Let me backtrack a little and say that breakfast at CP, aside from our drama, was really good! Let me also say that a 8:25am ressie will NOT let you make RD, unless you're seated at a table where the characters come by first. When entering the restaurant, we were seated at a 2-top table to the back and right of the entrance. In the 40 minutes that we were there, we didn't have a single character visit our table. :confused3 Now before you say that they were probably avoiding our table due to the scowls on our faces, they ALSO didn't visit the tables around us. So if you want to eat there, totally do so! The food is really good! But make sure you get as close to 8:00am reservation as possible, and hopefully a table where the characters start coming around first.

While drinking some juice, and just people watching out the window of the lounge, we decided to go check out the Sea Raycers (that's what they're called, right?) at the Poly docks. We went back up to the room to grab the camera, and headed out to the little marina area. I've read good and bad reviews about these boats. People say they move to slow, and they're not that exciting. Now, we used to own two Seadoo waverunners that had 215 HP. These things easily went 70+ MPH. Let's just say that we sold the things less than 2 months after we purchased them, after a guy who-shall-remain-nameless horribly crashed one into a sailboat at top speeds. DON'T let people who are careless and oblivious use your stuff! So when I read the reviews about these Sea Raycers not going too fast, I didn't mind!!

We chose to each have our own boat, and did the hour rental. I believe it came to right around 100 dollars? Not too sure, though.. These things were so cute, and right up my alley! :thumbsup2 I was a little nervous at first, hey with my experience with our waverunners, who wouldn't be?! But they turned out to be so easy to drive. The steering wheel, I admit, was a little stiff, but I got the hang of it. Within five minutes of pulling out of the dock, DBF's boat conks out. :headache: Go figure! A nice patrol boat came by and helped him restart the engine. ::cop: We had no more mishaps after that! We even managed to snap some really cool photos! Of course, DBF, daredevil guy, wanted to push it to the limit. We saw other people trying to spin their boats, so he tried as well. They whipped around pretty fast!

IMG_1593.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg

I'm a little more cautious when I drive.. but he got some cute ones of me too.
IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1581.jpg

DBF even got really close to this bird!
IMG_1579.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg

We horsed around, snapping photos of some of the nearby resorts as well. I don't highly recommend driving a boat and snapping photos, but... you do get some pretty cool ones!

Here's some newer construction..
IMG_1589.jpg

The contemporary..
IMG_1588.jpg

Volcano..
IMG_1608.jpg

Wedding chapel and GF..
IMG_1606.jpg
IMG_1602.jpg

It was a really fun time on the water, and I was so happy that DBF had suggested the idea. It really lifted my spirits! :cool1: We did some light shopping and decided to head over to DTD for DisneyQuest and Wolf Gang Puck's for lunch. We also had reservations that night for Victoria and Alberts!

Thanks for reading, and try not to label me as "The girl who went crazy and STORMED out of MK!!!!" heehee. I swear I'm not that bad.. I was just having a really off morning.

UP NEXT ~~~~> SUSHI AND SAKE SAKE SAKE AT WOLF GANG PUCK'S, DISNEY QUEST, AND HOW A VIRTUAL JUNGLE CRUISE TURNED INTO A VIRTUALLY LOST DBF'S WALLET!!!!!!!

The dummplings look good. We will have to try Yak and Yeti next time we are in AK.
This restaurant definitely gets mixed reviews. And the dumplings were AWESOME! I say go for it :)

This TR rocks!! SO cool about the free upgrade!! My dream is the Poly, so we'll see maybe one day!
Lately I've been hearing abut a lot of free Upgrades at the Poly.. doesn't hurt to try, right? And I really enjoy reading your TRs as well! So thanks for coming along for the ride.

Great Update.
OMG what in the world was with those whipped potatoes. I think I would have lost my appitite as soon as I saw those.
It looks like you had a great meal at the Yak and Yeti though. I just might have to try that one the next time we go back.:thumbsup2
YEAH! Those dang potatoes.. glad you can see where I was coming from!:scared1:

hi there subscribed...nice reading about universal and IOA, Oh how I miss them, wish they would build in scotland lol, nice trip report I am enjoying reading it so far, sounds like my kinda trip hee hee
Thanks!! Hopefully you've stuck around after reading about my latest outburst.. :rolleyes1

Hehe.. I'll just wait and see if anyone's still out there..
:: Did I just hear a cricket chirp? ::

I hope I didn't scare you all off! I swear, that's my one and ONLY temper tantrum this trip.

Awesome pictures! I understand about the meltdown!! I've had them myself in Disney-situations, and when you look back on them you feel ridiculous, but sometimes you just need to blow up and not keep emotions inside!! I want to ride a sea raycer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter