Free Parking with Preferred Pass

staceyeileen

DIS Veteran
We are planning on getting FL resident Universal annual passes for the first time ever for myself, DH, and our 6yo son. We are thinking of getting the power pass for me and DH and the preferred pass for my son to get the free parking benefit. Our thinking is that realistically we won't ever go without bringing our son but it may come up that one of us wants to bring him and the other can't make it. Will this work out? I am just worried that they will require ID to get the free parking, and since he's only 6yo he doesn't have ID.

I guess the same question for the food/merch discounts that come with the Preferred pass. Can we get those discounts even though technically the pass would be his and I'd likely be the one making the purchases?

I'd call the passholder number and ask these questions. I don't think you'll have an issue getting the discount but parking I do believe they ask for an ID. OTOH it will say Child ticket on the ticket so they shouldn't ask for an ID for that....you're also paying the same price for both Child and Adult and AFAIK nothing says you can't get free parking with the child ticket. So tbh idt it'll be a problem but I'd call to see what they have to say on the matter.

1-866-PASS-4-FUN

Whenever using the free parking with the preferred pass, we always hand the parking employee our preferred pass and picture ID. They always say, thanks for including the ID.....(which means, thanks for not making me ask for one).

Like Jonny said, I think it's best to call and ask just to double check on the matter. As yes, when you go through parking they will ask for an ID and if your child is too young for one, that is a unique situation, but I'm sure if you call and ask the experts they will know more about what happens in those circumstances.

I do want to say though that when it comes to purchasing discounted items, or food, they do not ask you for your ID, just to see your pass, or at least from my experience they have never asked for my ID while making a purchase in the parks. Sometimes all I'd have to do is barely raise it, or even just claim I have one and before I can show it to them they will just ask what kind of pass and will just give me the discount.

So, the only time you will be needing an ID along with your pass would be only for parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter