FREE PARKING / SHUTTLE Hotels near Cruise Ship?

AWHOFAN

Mouseketeer
For ONE night in March we would like a room at one of these hotels with FREE PARKING while on a 4 night Disney Dream Cruise.

How good is the shuttle service at these four hotels?

(1,) Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach $156, Looks real nice with the landscape but reviews said the hotel is real old and showing it and some not so nice workers.

(2.) Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Cape Canaveral $169,

(3.) Radisson Resort at the Port $140,

(4.) Royal Mansions $143.

We will use the Pool if it’s warm enough. Which would you stay at, we would like to be at the ship terminal by 11am and if the shuttle is late or slow we would use a taxi.

OK, Renaissance Inn is only a few years old. It is a lovely place. I'm not sure what reviews said it was old and run down; this was not my view! I believe there was a $4 charge for their shuttle (you can save money by taking passengers/luggage to the terminal yourself and only paying to shuttle the driver!)

Radisson has a great pool. However, breakfast is not included as part of a normal stay. Shuttle service was excellent for us--ran on time (actually early as all people were on board early!), and prompt pick up after cruise.

I have used the first 3, and would have no concerns about any of them. You may be able to find some discounted rates. I know nothing about number 4.

CI&S is great. It is sometimes available on Priceline for about $70, however if you get this discount you are charged an extra $20 for parking.

Went with Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach. My wife got a FREE night with her Marriott rewards. Free parking with $6 round trip shuttle to the Dream Ship. Its only 2 months away and 11.5 hour car ride.

Last time we did this, it has been a few years, we had to be waiting for the shuttle before 11. I think closer to 10. I do remember that they had a list of all the people taking the shuttle and they had to hold the shuttle for a family that was missing. They only held the shuttle for like 5 minutes. Be careful if you are going to go to the pool or the beach. ;) Not sure how the other family got to the cruise, and did not care just don't mess with my DCL :rotfl:.

Hubby had to move the car to another lot to park it while we were cruising.

OK, Renaissance Inn is only a few years old. It is a lovely place. I'm not sure what reviews said it was old and run down; this was not my view! I believe there was a $4 charge for their shuttle (you can save money by taking passengers/luggage to the terminal yourself and only paying to shuttle the driver!)

Thank you for the information!! We are cruising in December, and always stay at residence inns (Marriott points!). I wasn't sure if I needed to book the "Park and Stay" room that costs a little extra or if we could just pay to use the Residence Inn shuttle separately.:confused3

I just called the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach to confirm how the parking worked and thought I'd let you all know. You can book a "Park and Cruise" room, and the parking is included, or book a regular room and parking while you cruise is $6/day. Shuttle is $6 per person roundtrip, and the Disney Dream shuttle leaves at 11:15am. You sign up when you check in. Hope that helps someone! :)

We have stayed at the Residence Inn with the "Park & Cruise" rate and will be doing it again for our next cruise. We were pleased with the hotel.

If you book the "Park & Cruise" rate, besides the free parking for the length of your cruise, it also includes 2 free round trip shuttle to shore passes.

Residence Inn is a year or so younger than the CIS.....they are right next to each other. The hotel is very nice. We have stayed about 3 or 4 times already and are staying there again this June. The staff has always been wonderful. The complimentary hot buffet breakfast in the morning is just icing on the cake. Can't imagine how anybody could report that the property is old and run down.:confused3:confused3:confused3

The suites are clean and spacious with full kitchens (the property is less than 10 years old...more like 6 or 7 years old. I believe our first stay was in 2006.

One time we were all sitting around the outdoor bar near the pool at about 10:00 pm or so and we were talking among ourselves about getting a bit hungry. A few minutes later the bar tender brings out a whole pizza and says...here go...enjoy!!! Thought that was very nice. I don't think that was a standard thing....but we truly appreciated it.

We have also stayed at the CIS and I much prefer the rooms, service and breakfast at the MRI.

edited to add.....I just saw that this thread is from 2010 so even more confused on how anybody could have said the property was run down!!!

MJ

Wonder when the RI went to charging for parking....we've stayed there the last two years and the parking was free, but there was a fee for the shuttle. Guess I'll find out in 48 hours....

The hotel isn't run down or old looking at all and the breakfast in the morning is included.

Just a side note, as someone mentioned about an adult in your party dropping everyone off at the port and then parking at the hotel and coming back on the shuttle. From what I understand, Port Canaveral has started charging for cars coming through to drop off. Everytime the CI&S shuttle comes into the port he has to pay $15 this goes for Taxis as well so I am assuming that it goes for private cars as well. This was as of 3/24...

Just a side note, as someone mentioned about an adult in your party dropping everyone off at the port and then parking at the hotel and coming back on the shuttle. From what I understand, Port Canaveral has started charging for cars coming through to drop off. Everytime the CI&S shuttle comes into the port he has to pay $15 this goes for Taxis as well so I am assuming that it goes for private cars as well. This was as of 3/24...

This fee is only for commercial vehicles. You won't be charged for dropping off friends and family from a personal car or rental car.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter