• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Parking if I stay at a DTD hotel?

DisneyLandMan

Mouseketeer
hello all, let me first say that i apologize if this is the wrong place for this. Here goes anyway....i am looking to book a room at the "Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort," right near DTD. From what I have read, there is a Disney bus that will take me to and from the parks. Now my question is this, since I will be staying at this hotel that is Disney "affiliated," do I get to park at the theme parks for free?

Just trying to factor this all in, because 10 days in the parks and 13 dollars a day is 130 dollars and if this hotel can save me that money, then I am sold. haha.

This hotel is not "affiliated" with Disney and you will not get free parking for the parks.

Sorry for the bad news! :rolleyes1

Griz

hello all, let me first say that i apologize if this is the wrong place for this. Here goes anyway....i am looking to book a room at the "Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort," right near DTD. From what I have read, there is a Disney bus that will take me to and from the parks. Now my question is this, since I will be staying at this hotel that is Disney "affiliated," do I get to park at the theme parks for free?

Just trying to factor this all in, because 10 days in the parks and 13 dollars a day is 130 dollars and if this hotel can save me that money, then I am sold. haha.

They may have a bus but it's not a Disney owned bus. Which means you go to the TTC rather than the MK bus stops. I think the Hilton has EMH priviledges but not Best Western.

Theme park parking is $14 per day. You may want to look at an annual pass if you are staying 10 days, that would give you free parking.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Parking.htm

Are you 100% positive? Just making sure. Just my luck if you are correct. Lol

Unless you have an AP or are staying at a Disney Resort, you have to pay to park and the parks.

DTD hotels are not Disney resorts.

And before you commit to staying there and thinking it is "saving you money" make sure you factor in the resort fees.

yea the resort fee is 9 dollars a day. but at the rate that i am getting the room, its still MUCH less expensive than any on property hotels. I guess I will just be stuck riding their shuttles and paying the parking fee a few days as well. no worries. but thanx to all who responded:)

yea the resort fee is 9 dollars a day. but at the rate that i am getting the room, its still MUCH less expensive than any on property hotels. I guess I will just be stuck riding their shuttles and paying the parking fee a few days as well. no worries. but thanx to all who responded:)

I am curious as to your rate, I stopped staying at the DTD when I could stay at a Value for less.

I did a quick search of rates for Nov and found the Best Western at 101.99 plus 9.99(plus taxes) and a non discounted standard room at a Value is at 95.00. Both rooms you would need to add tax-and the BW would add the daily parking at the park.

Another consideration (if it matters) is the Best Western charges for a fridge and the values just got cooler/fridge things installed. Plus with the Value you get the EMH hours.

Many of those DTD resorts are 'Disney Good Neighbor' hotels. This means that they have employees that are well versed in all things Disney, and Disney has checked them out and found them to provide good service. But, other than that, you don't get any of the WDW onsite resort perks...no free parking, no EMHs, no terrific bus service, no package delivery to your hotel..etc.
Sorry.

The Best Western has a bus that will take you to Disney. And the parking rate at Disney is now $14 a day.
What dates will you be there? You can get a Disney value resort at a good rate if you are a AAA member. Depending on when you are going the rate could be as low at $70 a night How many people in your party? You could rent DVC Points and stay at a Disney delux resort. If you could find someone selling their point for $10 a point you could spend around $1500 to stay 10 day at a studio room. You would have a fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker ,free parking. You would not have to pay a daily resort fee or a parking fee. Right there would save you $250 verses the BW. YOu can take the Disney buses to the parks.

The hotel may be "affiliated" with Disney, but it is not Disney-operated, and only the Disney-operated resorts get free parking at the theme parks. I think the only exceptions to this are the Swan and Dolphin. They don't receive a window parking pass and have to show a room key.

the Best Western is not serviced by Disney buses. The hotels in that area have their own shuttle service. They drop off and pick up at the charter bus stops for each park (except MK) and TTC, not at the Disney bus stops.

i will be staying from sept 19th til the 26th, and i will be there 2 of my brothers (22 and 15) and with flight, hotel and rental car it will be $420 a month (assuming i dont find a lower priced flight soon. add the $10 a day and its still about $440 a person. This is the cheapest I have ever found a package like this. Am i missing something somewhere that I could get an even lower rate? Please inform me if so. Haha. All jokes aside, I am open to allllll suggestions:)

Pop Century, for your time frame, is running at $102 a night. Just so you have something to compare to.

See, now I have alll the gears turning. So many numbers to figure!! haha
While the DTD resort may look cheaper, don't forget to add in that daily parking charge for parks. And, if you're at a value resort, you get EMHs...which are nice to have. And package delivery to your resort.
The choice is up to you. Only you can decide what is going to work out better.

Those dates fall withing the free dinning promotion! Between that and the ability to use ME a value resort might really be cheaper!

Okay...so the Best Western is going to run you about $75-91 a night, depending on type of room chosen. Add to that the daily parking fee of $10, and the daily parking fee of about $14 at the parks, and the rental car cost...well, compare that to the cost of a value room of about $102 a night, no daily parking fee, no park parking fee, and no need for a rental car (unless you were already planning on heading someplace else other than WDW).
That's about $1170 to stay at the BW...not including airfares.
And, $715ish to stay at Pop. Without car rental. If you add the car rental you are now at about the same cost as the Best Western. But, you do get EMHs with that cost.
Yep, you have some figuring to do.
If it were me...I would be very tempted to just stay at Pop. No, it won't be as 'nice' as the Best Western, and the beds will be smaller. You have to decide what those things are worth to you.

Okay...so the Best Western is going to run you about $75-91 a night, depending on type of room chosen. Add to that the daily parking fee of $10, and the daily parking fee of about $14 at the parks, and the rental car cost...well, compare that to the cost of a value room of about $102 a night, no daily parking fee, no park parking fee, and no need for a rental car (unless you were already planning on heading someplace else other than WDW).
That's about $1170 to stay at the BW...not including airfares.
And, $715ish to stay at Pop. Without car rental. If you add the car rental you are now at about the same cost as the Best Western. But, you do get EMHs with that cost.
Yep, you have some figuring to do.
If it were me...I would be very tempted to just stay at Pop. No, it won't be as 'nice' as the Best Western, and the beds will be smaller. You have to decide what those things are worth to you.

o man you are killing me now. i am just not sure what to do. ive never NOT had a rental car cuz i like to eat at offsite restaurants more so than on site restaurants. but teh free dining could offset that. ugh!!!

i have found a package through jet blue that will give me airfare, hotel (offsite) and a rental car for $1,025.00 for myself and 2 brothers. combine that with the roughly 750 for 3 6-day park tickets and i'm at about $1,800.00 for flight, hotel, car and park tix. That breaks down to about $600.00 per person which seems pretty good if you ask me. I am just gettig super anxious cuz I wanna book this all asap and not worry about it anymore, but i dont wanna turn around a week after i book it and realize that i could have gotten a much cheaper package SOMEONE PLEEEEEEASE HELP ME!! I'm near a freakout. hahaha

i have found a package through jet blue that will give me airfare, hotel (offsite) and a rental car for $1,025.00 for myself and 2 brothers. combine that with the roughly 750 for 3 6-day park tickets and i'm at about $1,800.00 for flight, hotel, car and park tix. That breaks down to about $600.00 per person which seems pretty good if you ask me. I am just gettig super anxious cuz I wanna book this all asap and not worry about it anymore, but i dont wanna turn around a week after i book it and realize that i could have gotten a much cheaper package SOMEONE PLEEEEEEASE HELP ME!! I'm near a freakout. hahaha

Where are you flying from?? I looked up flights on Jetblue from Newark and JFK for your dates and the cheapest come to about $750 and $700. If that's the case then you are looking at paying between $275 and $325 for the hotel and rental car which is pretty good. Is this correct??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter