Free lunch at CC?

mom2boyz

Earning My Ears
I know this may be a stupid question but as this is our first Disney cruise, I figured I'd ask. Is the food at Castaway Cay included in your cruise price or do you need to charge it to your room? If you need to pay for it - can you bring your own snacks and drinks to the beach? Thanks!!

Karen:wave:

It's included in the cruise price. Some people think the lunch is better than what is offered on the ship. We thought it was just OK, but might have just made poor choices about what to eat!

Yes, food is indeed included at CC- only the specialty drinks are still $$.

They have this place called 'Cookies BBQ' where they will setup buffet lunch. However, you will need to bring snacks down to the beach, either from off the ship or from Cookies, as there isn't any real food sources elsewhere.

I will second the "bring snacks." We got some stuff early - I went up to Cookies and said "I don't think you are serving yet, but my kids are starving." They responded with "we can't have that" and I walked back with two bags of potato chips and a few pieces of fruit at 11:00 (I don't think they opened until 11:30. Had I known, it would have been the perfect opportunity for some of those room service cookies!

One of the FEW things I would do differently is have fruit and snacks out all day on the Cay. Sitting on the beach is hungry work!

Yep, it's included and it is tasty! Cookies BBQ is good and there is another little lunch area at the Adults beach. It had lobster and stuff like that, that is not served at Cookies. I think it is leftover from dinner the night before. I'm not a seafood fan, but my hubby was in heaven!

Loster tails only on the seven night and only on the adult beach, I believe.

(Wouldn't want 3 and 4 day cruisers to get too disappointed.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter