• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free incentive stay ?

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
Can someone give me a little more info about this please, how long do you get? When do you have to book it by? and how long will this offer be one for? Oh also, is there a min amount of points you have to buy (i know its normally 150) before you get your free stay?

Thanks

Emma

Hi there, PixiePower... :)

If you buy between 150-209 points in DVC, you'll get 5 free nights to use between July 1,2002 and July 1, 2003 at any Disney Resort (except the GF and the All-Stars)... You get 7 free nights if you book 210+... I think you get more if you book 260+ but don' tknow the exact point value and how many free nights...

You can book the free stay at the earliest 7 months in advance, and you have to book it by June 2003... It has to be a consecutive stay, I am told, so you can't use 3 nights in October for free and then 2 nights in February.... for example.

And there are some black out times - mainly the most popular times to be in WDW - Christmas Vacay, Feb, March, April vacation weeks, etc.

Hope that helps!

Hey Pixie,
Just thought you would like to know, when I bought into the DVC last year I didnt know about these boards and called DVC on my own. I ended up buying into it and did not receive any free gifts. As a matter of fact, before I sighed up I asked my adviser If there was anyway to get a discount before signing up to come down and check out the Home A Way From home hotels cause I have never seen them. His reply was they dont offer any discounts to do that.
I not complaining but, if you can get 5 or 7 nights free by signing up now do it, cause they dont offer these deals all the time.

Linda

Linda,
They offered this incentive only with the purchase of BCV. The other incentive is to receive $5 per point purchased and apply it to the down payment. The main reason for the incentives was because the resort was being prepurchased and couldn't be used until July. Also, because they have one less year of use in the program. With WLV, they were offering a $5 per point buyback program only. Otherwise, you kept your points for use in the same use year or banked them. Couldn't tell from your post if that was an option, but you're right. Anyone who wants to buy should take advantage of the incentives for this one before May or June. I heard the incentives will be disappearing soon. We're close to that opening date.

Benedetta
DVC Cast Member and Member '94

Just an FYI, there are only a set amount of rooms at each resort for the free nights. We have 7 nights free, and we tried to get into Beach Club Sept 1 -9, but they did not have anything available. We were able to get into Yacht Club so it was not an issue for us.

We just yesterday booked the BWI for may1 for 5 free nights. I am giving to a friend for her honeymoon :)
I guess most members are booking way in advance with those free nights?
We also have WL booked for a week in dec. with our free nights.

BounceyOne....

How is it you have a "free" stay booked in Dec., if we can only book those free stays no further in advance than 7 months?

We were told we could book them as soon as we were 'approved' and we did. We weren't told anything about 7 months. We had booked august and december, but just switched the august to may for a gift.
If anyone is holding out waiting for 7 months I would call now and see what happens.
We booked through MS

Well...

I called MS Monday. I was told there is no possible way to make a "free, BCV incentive stay" reservation any earlier than 7 months prior.

My congrats to BouncyOne for getting around the system.

BounceyOne...

Could be. Disney seems to be a bit inconsistent from time to time with their "rules".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter