free flu shot

Promomx2

DIS Veteran
I took my ds to get his flu shot yesterday at Walgreens and was told that Cigna now is paying for your flu shot, so he got his for nothing.

I got mine at Walmart and they charged my insurance (MVP) directly so I didn't have to pay either.

Our insurance company also offers free flu shots. With ours you can go to your primary care giver (as long as he is a network provider)and get a shot. However, you cannot get anything else done at the same time or you will charged a co-pay. We can also go to Walgreens and get a flu shot at no charge. The directly bill our insurance company.

I have Cigna and I can vouch for this also -- DS and I went back in August to the stand-alone clinic inside HEB, and we didn't pay a dime. Also, you don't have to get the actual flu shot, it also covers FluMist -- because unless you're outside the age range or have contraindications, why on earth would you volunteer to get a shot??? :upsidedow I wish every vaccine were offered intra-nasally!

Blue Cross and Blue Shield are also free at Walgreens. Got mine two weeks ago.

I have Cigna and I can vouch for this also -- DS and I went back in August to the stand-alone clinic inside HEB, and we didn't pay a dime. Also, you don't have to get the actual flu shot, it also covers FluMist -- because unless you're outside the age range or have contraindications, why on earth would you volunteer to get a shot??? :upsidedow I wish every vaccine were offered intra-nasally!

Flu-mist is a live virus vaccine and some people, right or wrong, are afraid they might get a mild version of the flu from it.

I will take a shot over something up my nose anyday, lol. I hate nasal sprays:sick: I'm crazy I know!

I will take a shot over something up my nose anyday, lol. I hate nasal sprays:sick: I'm crazy I know!

ITA!! I much prefer the shot too! DS got the mist this year but even said he didn't mind the shot. DD has to get a shot due to asthma but she'd get the mist if she could.

Thanks for the BCBS notice from the OP - I will head to Walgreen's later this week.

Thanks for starting this thread! I need to get my girls scheduled soon and DH is actually getting one for the first time this year.

My son got the FluMist a few days ago. Then he got a runny/stuffy nose. No other symptoms. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. Not a big deal but nasal symptoms are listed as side effects since it is a live virus. My husband and I both had the shot with no side effect.

Our Walgreens billed BC/BS no problems as well.

I am so glad the retail pharmacies are billing ins. for the flu shot. It will save lots of visits to Dr. just to get a shot. More convenient for my family at least.

Op for posting this! We have Cigna and DH and I were just saying how we all need to get the shot this year (DS5 ended up getting H1N1 before the shots were available here last year :sad2:), but the cost was going to kill us.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter