Free Fall Dining?

I'm still wondering how to get the elusive "pin".
We have been able to take advantage of free dining the past two years. We will probably go again this fall, regardless ....

you can also call disney and ask if there are any pins associated with your account.. i did this years ago, as i read this tip somewhere.. and there was a free dining pin! i was so happy! i had not received anything before or after so if i would not have called, i would not have known.. and i was before the free dining was open for the public!

you can also call disney and ask if there are any pins associated with your account.. i did this years ago, as i read this tip somewhere.. and there was a free dining pin! i was so happy! i had not received anything before or after so if i would not have called, i would not have known.. and i was before the free dining was open for the public!

This happened to us for our second trip in 2014. We didn't ask, but the phone CM said we had a pin linked to our account, so we were able to book at POFQ with FD that year. We should have taken advantage of the BB then but regretfully never did. Last year we had a great LD TA offer w/o FD for Poly so we did that instead.

We got the 30% pin a couple of weeks ago but holding out for hopeful FD pin again, but not expecting

They've had free dining in 2012, 13, 14 and 15, so I hope this isn't the first year they decide to stop offering it since this is the first year I am actually hoping to use it.
I agree!! We are looking to go Nov 7th-14th and the first time we will be able to use free dining!!

Oh my Mickey. NO, you CANNOT add a dining package to a ROOM ONLY reservation. For the love of Mickey people - stop spreading incorrect information! Book a room only online all you want, but you're going to have to call and cancel that room only, get a refund (as the funds don't transfer) and REBOOK a package and make a new deposit/full payment depending on your check-in date. Garsh!

You can't add dining to a room only reservation but you apparently can book a ticketless package with dining and a room if you call. We did for our upcoming summer trip.

What is the difference between a "ticketless package" and a room only reservation?
Just to add...we will already have our park tickets so just wondering if the dining plan is even an option for us.

So sorry this has taken so my posts...I should have started a new thread. Thought my question was going to be a quick one!

What is the difference between a "ticketless package" and a room only reservation?
Just to add...we will already have our park tickets so just wondering if the dining plan is even an option for us.

So sorry this has taken so my posts...I should have started a new thread. Thought my question was going to be a quick one!

I wish I knew the difference but I really don't have an answer for you. I'm sorry! When we called about our room only reservation and asked to add on dining they said they couldn't do that, but they were able to get us a ticketless package instead. We already have park tickets as well, and just linked them to our MDE accounts.

Oh my Mickey. NO, you CANNOT add a dining package to a ROOM ONLY reservation. For the love of Mickey people - stop spreading incorrect information! Book a room only online all you want, but you're going to have to call and cancel that room only, get a refund (as the funds don't transfer) and REBOOK a package and make a new deposit/full payment depending on your check-in date. Garsh!
You most certainly don't need full a package to add on the dining plan. I bought my tickets through UC in the past and added on the dining plan to my room reservation. I've also done this three times when using the military discount. I just had to call to do it.

I wish I knew the difference but I really don't have an answer for you. I'm sorry! When we called about our room only reservation and asked to add on dining they said they couldn't do that, but they were able to get us a ticketless package instead. We already have park tickets as well, and just linked them to our MDE accounts.

Just how they refer to it!

You most certainly don't need full a package to add on the dining plan. I bought my tickets through UC in the past and added on the dining plan to my room reservation. I've also done this three times when using the military discount. I just had to call to do it.

yes, we have done this too! you just have to call

My guess is that confusion around; can you or can't you add dining to a room only package; may be that this is a Free Dining thread, and for Free Dining you CANNOT have a room only package. You CAN add dining to a room only reservation but have to pay full price for it.

Or at least, I think this is they way that would work

My guess is that confusion around; can you or can't you add dining to a room only package; may be that this is a Free Dining thread, and for Free Dining you CANNOT have a room only package. You CAN add dining to a room only reservation but have to pay full price for it.

If you "add" dining your room only reservation would then be converted to a package. As such you would be subject to package payment requirements and cancellation policies vs room only. I believe full payment on packages is due 30 days out whereas room only reservations only require 1st night's stay deposit and balance due at checkin in. Cancellation policies are different as well. I think packages are $200 penalty if cancelled between 30 and 2 days prior and non refundable if cancelled less than 2 days prior but room only reservations are fully refundable if cancelled at least 5 days prior, but you lose the deposit (1st night's cost) if cancelled less than 5 days prior.

Just curious, if you have a discounted room (not rack rate), do you keep the room at the discounted rate or do they charge you full rack rate to get the dining plan?

Just curious, if you have a discounted room (not rack rate), do you keep the room at the discounted rate or do they charge you full rack rate to get the dining plan?

You can only get one discount, so you would have to choose between the room discount OR free dining. Our last trip we were told we couldn't get free dining at POFQ so we took the discount room rate, but received a pin later for free dining and had to give up the discount on the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter