• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free DirecTIVO!

Has anybody been able to do this today, 2/8? I can't get it to go through, are supplies exhausted or is it just me? TIA!

They must be all out now because this is the message that I received when I tried!!

Please double-check the offer code. Did you enter it correctly? If it's right, then that offer must have expired. To see our current offers, please clear the code and click "Continue." If you are responding to the TiVo promotion, we are temporarily sold out. Please check back at a later time.
Maybe I'll try back tomorrow morning and they will have found some more in a warehouse or something!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the code though!!

I cant tell you how excited I am!!!
:cool1: :banana:

This board is great!!!

Thanks for the post....I have been waiting for "the deal that I couldn't refuse!" and this was it! I have put off getting Directv "tivo" because the new contracts were 2 years...and the cost of the dvr was still a little pricey;however this deal solved both of those issues!

THANKS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

I ordered my unit Tues night and it arrived today (Fri) and the installer is coming on Wed.! Now being that i have waited this long to actually order it ...how am i going to last until Wed. to hook it up... :sad2:

:thumbsup2 Thanks, everyone! I was able to place my order. My Mom moved in with us a few months ago. She is the queen of VCR recording. I'm sure she will love this!

I just tried again and was able to order!! $15.99!! I realize it's the 35 hour recorder, but for the bedroom that is fine. We already have the 100 hour receiver in the living room!! :Pinkbounc

I tried last week and was unsuccessful and then just tried again and was able to order it. Maybe those who didnt get in could just try again :confused3

I just ordered mine!!! I leave for Disney on Monday morning so I guess it is ok that I have to wait for installation on 2/22 *the morning after I get home*.

OK my question...I think I have the "Normal" dish...I already have 3 recievers hooked up. I chose to move my living room one to my son's room and put the DVR in the living room...Now I won't be required to buy anything additional for this extra reciever? Something just isn't seeming right to me?!? *Call me slow*

MissMichelle said:
I just ordered mine!!! I leave for Disney on Monday morning so I guess it is ok that I have to wait for installation on 2/22 *the morning after I get home*.

OK my question...I think I have the "Normal" dish...I already have 3 recievers hooked up. I chose to move my living room one to my son's room and put the DVR in the living room...Now I won't be required to buy anything additional for this extra reciever? Something just isn't seeming right to me?!? *Call me slow*

I believe anything you need will be included with the standard installation.

I'm new to this whole Directv & Tivo stuff, so excuse my ignorance :rolleyes1 but what is the difference between DVR & Tivo ? and you are all talking about a monthly fee of $5.99, I thought Tivo was 12.99 a month :confused3

mscastel said:
I have put off getting Directv "tivo" because the new contracts were 2 years...and the cost of the dvr was still a little pricey;however this deal solved both of those issues!
I installed ours myself -- and proudly proclaimed myself a techie. It was easy; just unplug the 2 cables from the satellite box and plug them into the new TIVO box, plug it in, and attach the phone line. Simple. But when I called to activate, the rep told me that I would now be under contract for 2 more years. No biggie for me because we love our DirecTV, but just wanted to give you the heads up.

I'm new to this whole Directv & Tivo stuff, so excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between DVR & Tivo ? and you are all talking about a monthly fee of $5.99, I thought Tivo was 12.99 a month

I THINK this is it. I think it is TIVO, but just connected with a Direct TV reciever. When I am messing with my remote I do see the little tivo guy thing.

I did see a plain TIVO thing in the store and it was about that a month. I think they give it to us for 5 because we are with DirectTV.

I've ordered mine and am having it installed 2/21. Here's my question - I'm putting it in my bedroom and moving my box to DS's room. We currently have 4 TV's hooked up. Will I have room on my dish to run another line so I can hook this up to record 1 thing while I"m watching another? If this can't be done I can probably just hook it up myself by plugging it into the existing cables.

I just ordered mine! Two questions though.

On one page it said that Fedex would deliver it, but on another it said the installer will bring the equipment. Which is it? I read that several people installed their own.

Are you able to order more than one?

ginna74 said:
I THINK this is it. I think it is TIVO, but just connected with a Direct TV reciever. When I am messing with my remote I do see the little tivo guy thing.

I did see a plain TIVO thing in the store and it was about that a month. I think they give it to us for 5 because we are with DirectTV.

Thanks ginna ! I guess I will have to call the Tivo service and switch or something, I have DirecTv and a new Tivo box and was charged 12.99 for the month :confused3

I second someone else's question...DH can install ours so how do I go about cancelling the install or do I have to have the install as part of the deal? Because install is freee, right?

Thanks ginna ! I guess I will have to call the Tivo service and switch or something, I have DirecTv and a new Tivo box and was charged 12.99 for the month

yeh the reciever is in the same box as the TIVO. You have to buy a new box. I got ours at best buy. There is a 100 rebate too. You pay it all in one bill. If you count the rebate thing or what the op said it is worth it.

If you sign up for TIVO with Directv its 5 per month - if you sign up with TIVO themselves its $12.00 per month. Check to see who you called.

Let Directv install it - if you want to watch one program and record another, you'll need some hardware and stuff, they'll do it and its included in the price. Plus even if its an additional unit its just easier if it doesn't work the first time (can happen)

good luck (we now have 3 tivos and love them all)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter