Free dinning question (september)

Blanche_Neige

DIS Veteran
I want to know if it is usually offered at all resorts?

I have a dilema, we are a family of 5 (w/ 3 young active boys) we have stayed at ASM suite it was perfect. Now we are looking at POR...

I want to know if it is usually offered at all resorts?

I have a dilema, we are a family of 5 (w/ 3 young active boys) we have stayed at ASM suite it was perfect. Now we are looking at POR...

It all depends on booking levels at each resort.

We have a family of 5 and when I compared staying in a Moderate that fit 5 and 2 rooms at Pop, I think it was around $10 more to stay at Pop. We have a little one, so we have always gotten guarenteed connecting rooms.

I love having the extra tv and bathroom.

I was told that free dining is not offered to anyone staying in a suite at any of the resorts. I'm not sure why they don't offer free dining to anyone staying in a suite, because some of the suites can get quite pricey $$$. Go figure:confused3

There's just no way to know what resorts will have free dining, or what room types, or if they'll offer it at all.

Disney has only offered free dining the last two years, during August - Sept, which is peak hurricane season. They did this because FL had a bad run of hurricanes the year before, and bookings for hurricane season were down.

They only do this for resorts and/or room types whose advance bookings for the fall aren't looking good. Disney only offers discounts when they need to fill rooms. If, for instance, CR is looking like it's booking well for the fall, they're not going to make many - or any- rooms available for the free dining offer. If the AS family suites are already booked for Aug/Sept, or close to being booked, they won't offer free dining for those rooms.

Again, this is not something that anyone can predict, unless they happen to have access to Disney's reservation system. And that doesn't include any of us. :) We'll just have to wait and see what Disney does.

The last post is not correct- we went to Disney the "year" of all the hurricanes and we had the free dining plan. It was the first year they offered it. We even went in September and had the free dining arranged before the hurricanes hit.

An unprecented 4 hurricanes (Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne) affected Florida this year, indeed no other state has been affected by four hurricanes in one season since Texas in 1886. An estimated one in five homes in Florida were damaged by hurricanes during August and September 2004 and 117 people lost their lives in the state from the storms.

I'm not a math major here... but I am pretty sure it was the back to back to back to back hurricanes in 2004 that perked up the free DDP incentive which was first offered in 2005 in its current form.

We booked the bouncebck while we were there last Sept. We started at CBR, daughter becoomes pregnant, change to POR, decided that would be to crowed with a 3 yr.old and infant and 4 adluts, changed to ASMu Suites. So yes you can have free dinning and a suite.

They don't offer free dining on suites because they don't have to. Those who can afford $1500 per night for a suite have no need to worry about whether their dining is free. I guess it's not quite that way on the ASMu Family Suites, but those have not been on the promotion either in years past. Apparently, someone booked them with the bounceback, so perhaps that will change this year.

As for deluxe rooms, yes they have featured free dining in other years. The free dining promotion is the best deal -- by far -- if you book a value resort. At least in past years, the value rooms have been snatched up immediately with bookings for free dining. The deluxe rooms linger for a while because there are often better deals on the deluxes, like the 40% off post cards, a public code or an AP discount.

Disney has offered free dining during August/September (dates have varied) in 2005, 2006 and 2007, as I recall.

In 2006 we did free dining at ASMu and we were upgraded for free to a Family Suite. If they did that I can't imagine why they wouldn't let you pay for it:confused3

Thanks ElizabethB i want to upgrade to a deluxe room since I will have to do some work while I am there and would appreciate the extra room. Hopefully I can land one.

Has anyone heard about free dining being offered for this Sept?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter