Free Dining??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the OP and all I wanted to know was if people thought Free Dining would be an option this fall.
I'm sorry that I put it on the wrong board...shame on me.
As to the arguing going on, everyone has an opinion...you know what they say. As for the person putting her job, financial status, feeding habits for her kids, room level, etc. YES you do sound like a snob!!
I am a single teacher and going to Disney is going to my Happy Place. If I get to save a few dollars through free dining it's my choice. I'm sorry if I cause you to get less than par service, food or reservation times.
For ME the free dining is a draw. It doesn't have to be for everyone and the fact that you have repeatedly argued and tried to get others to see your side so vehemently speaks volumes!
To each their own!!!!!!!

I am the OP and all I wanted to know was if people thought Free Dining would be an option this fall.
I'm sorry that I put it on the wrong board...shame on me.
As to the arguing going on, everyone has an opinion...you know what they say. As for the person putting her job, financial status, feeding habits for her kids, room level, etc. YES you do sound like a snob!!
I am a single teacher and going to Disney is going to my Happy Place. If I get to save a few dollars through free dining it's my choice. I'm sorry if I cause you to get less than par service, food or reservation times.
For ME the free dining is a draw. It doesn't have to be for everyone and the fact that you have repeatedly argued and tried to get others to see your side so vehemently speaks volumes!
To each their own!!!!!!!

Again...thanks for calling me a snob. You agree with my DH, lol. :) I didn't offer ANY of that info up until someone called me "selfish" for not liking free dining. So whatever.

Good for you. You're a single teacher. Whoopie. I'm not sure how that is any more relevant than the fact that I am an attorney (which again, I didn't mention until someone specifically called me out for "arguing"...it wasn't a status thing in my mind at all). If you want to take it that way...so be it.

I don't like free dining. I think it does EVERYONE a disservice. I am not alone in this opinion. (See many other previous threads on this topic.) I suppose it's good for you that you save a few bucks. It's not good for me. So I don't like it. Big whoop. I didn't call you OR ANYONE on this thread "low class" yet you called me a snob. Cool. :hippie:

Again...thanks for calling me a snob. You agree with my DH, lol. :) I didn't offer ANY of that info up until someone called me "selfish" for not liking free dining. So whatever.

Good for you. You're a single teacher. Whoopie. I'm not sure how that is any more relevant than the fact that I am an attorney (which again, I didn't mention until someone specifically called me out for "arguing"...it wasn't a status thing in my mind at all). If you want to take it that way...so be it.

I don't like free dining. I think it does EVERYONE a disservice. I am not alone in this opinion. (See many other previous threads on this topic.) I suppose it's good for you that you save a few bucks. It's not good for me. So I don't like it. Big whoop. I didn't call you OR ANYONE on this thread "low class" yet you called me a snob. Cool. :hippie:

I'm not sure why I'm responding but you really know what to say to get a rise. I did not call you a snob...if you go back, I said you "sound" like a snob. Believe it or not, there is a difference. I was not personally attacking you, just your statements. However, your "whoopee" was a personal dig at my profession and one that was uncalled for and unappreciated. I was simply trying to point out that money can be an issue for me and any discount is appreciated. Not sure why you insinuated to the "low class" comment either. Again, I said your comments were snobbish. I think you have taken this to a new low and I would like to ask the moderator to close this thread.

I'm not sure why I'm responding but you really know what to say to get a rise. I did not call you a snob...if you go back, I said you "sound" like a snob. Believe it or not, there is a difference. I was not personally attacking you, just your statements. However, your "whoopee" was a personal dig at my profession and one that was uncalled for and unappreciated. I was simply trying to point out that money can be an issue for me and any discount is appreciated. Not sure why you insinuated to the "low class" comment either. Again, I said your comments were snobbish. I think you have taken this to a new low and I would like to ask the moderator to close this thread.

You have GOT to be kidding me. *I* am the one who brought this thread to a "new low????" I have been repeatedly called a snob (or directly insinuated to be a snob) throughout this thread because I dared to express the opinion that I don't like the "free" dining plan. Now it's I "sound" like a snob??? Please. Nice use of reactive semantics to try to deflect your previous derogatory statement.

In NO WAY did I deride your profession. Get over yourself. I simply pointed out that you being a "single teacher" has no more relevance to this thread than me being attorney (which YOU called me out on).

Don't let her get to you.....:goodvibes Her mantra is free dining does a disservice to everyone. She can't see beyond that. Many of her posts have been rude and condescending. Unfortunately she just doesn't want to listen.

I get what Mommy2Corinne is saying. It's more that having a bigger room discount would improve the quality of vacation for everyone instead of concentrating crowds on the restaurants. It would free people to eat how they would like to instead of how Disney would like them to. If there were significant room discounts, people might choose to upgrade to deluxe resorts, therefore improving the quality of their stay ( nothing is wrong with value and mod resorts, but I think we can agree the pools, transportation and room sizes are better as you go up the resorts).

This would fill rooms at deluxes and lessen the load at values, which would also make it easier for more people to afford Disney.

Is that what you were going for?

What is a "mouth breathing hillbilly?" I'm confused. Because I have lots of lovable family members who are "hillbillies" (hello...I'm from Indiana, lol) but I have never heard that term.

OK. Here's the deal. After explaining this thread to my husband, he just told me that I "sound like a snob" and that I should stop arguing. He is a jerk.

Give your husband a high-five from me and enjoy your mimosas! (Said without snark - I know tone is hard to tell on message boards)

Just want to point out that it isn't necessarily a bad thing that people try dining options they normally wouldn't. :)

Oh and mouth breather:

1. literally, someone who lacks enough intelligence that they never learned to breathe through their nose.

2. a really dumb person.

I get what Mommy2Corinne is saying. It's more that having a bigger room discount would improve the quality of vacation for everyone instead of concentrating crowds on the restaurants. It would free people to eat how they would like to instead of how Disney would like them to. If there were significant room discounts, people might choose to upgrade to deluxe resorts, therefore improving the quality of their stay ( nothing is wrong with value and mod resorts, but I think we can agree the pools, transportation and room sizes are better as you go up the resorts).

This would fill rooms at deluxes and lessen the load at values, which would also make it easier for more people to afford Disney.

Except that you couldn't offer a big enough room discount to make it worthwhile for people at Values to choose a room only discount over free dining. Even if you offered 50% off, the savings would only be $50.

So then you're left with two choices.....either significantly increase the price per night of a Value resort or cut Values from the free dining promotion.

Implementing either of these two options does not make it easier for people to afford Disney.

Don't let her get to you.....:goodvibes Her mantra is free dining does a disservice to everyone. She can't see beyond that. Many of her posts have been rude and condescending. Unfortunately she just doesn't want to listen.

I know. I hate that I let someone I don't even know bother me so much. Thanks for the note!

Give your husband a high-five from me and enjoy your mimosas! (Said without snark - I know tone is hard to tell on message boards)

Just want to point out that it isn't necessarily a bad thing that people try dining options they normally wouldn't. :)

Oh and mouth breather:

1. literally, someone who lacks enough intelligence that they never learned to breathe through their nose.

2. a really dumb person.

The mimosas are long gone, lol. Unfortunately I was only able to snag two before my DH drank the rest of the bottle of champagne.

Thanks for the lesson on urban slang. I had seriously never heard that term before. And I never EVER said that anyone on this thread was stupid or lacked the intelligence to breathe through their nose. It makes me sad that you think that was what I was implying. :(

Is that what you were going for?

Yes. Thank you. My very first post on this thread stated that "[t]here has got to be a better promo they can offer that would get guests to visit in the fall . . . ."

If people were offered something other than "free" dining they would be able to use their savings on whatever made the most sense to them (whether it be food, hotels, souvenirs, or simply saving that money for a non-Disney related expense). Free dining, IMO, locks people into food/dining "savings" that they may not otherwise want/need. And this negatively affects the overall dining experience for everyone.

I think I've been pretty consistent with this thought throughout the thread, and I don't think this is mean or snobby? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter