• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

free dining?

stacy6552

Keep to the code!
Now that we get the dining package, has anyone tried to get the free dining they announced for this year? Can we get it?

Long as we're staying at a DVC resort on points we cannot get this free dining package. Free dining would be available if we booked a package including full rack hotel rate and MYW tickets.

DVC Members staying on points don't have to buy tickets in order to purchase the dining plan.

This new cash package for the free dining means you pay rack rate for your room, you purchase tickets for everybody in your party, and then you get the "free" dining. It's a great marketing promotion to get people to book for off season (kids are back in school and it's hurricane season).

stacy6552 said:
Now that we get the dining package, has anyone tried to get the free dining they announced for this year? Can we get it?

This keeps coming up. Am I the only one missing something here? WHY WHY WHY does anyone think that Disney is going to give you Free Dining when you aren't paying for a hotel room or even tickets? What do you call CRO and say "can you just give me free meals? I don't want to buy anything" :rotfl2:

What's next? Request for Disney to pay for your plane tickets because "it's too expensive to fly to that resort you sold me?"

CarolA said:
This keeps coming up. Am I the only one missing something here? WHY WHY WHY does anyone think that Disney is going to give you Free Dining when you aren't paying for a hotel room or even tickets? What do you call CRO and say "can you just give me free meals? I don't want to buy anything" :rotfl2:

What's next? Request for Disney to pay for your plane tickets because "it's too expensive to fly to that resort you sold me?"

Well, Disney is already transporting people from the airport for free. Why not free or discount airfare, too? ;)

CarolA said:

DISNEY'S PAYING FOR PLANE TICKETS????

Do I get those through MS, or do I have to call CRO, or AAA, or AA, or what?

CarolA said:
Disney is going to give you Free Dining when you aren't paying for a hotel room or even tickets?

I paid them 15k dollar for pre paid rooms.

twister said:
Right there with you twister! Didn't expect free tickets, but I don't really
like the implication that I don't pay for a room. Sure would like to forget about
those dues. :goodvibes

LOL! This particular "complaint" was predicted months ago on these boards when everyone was clamoring for access to a DVC dining plan of ANY kind. Now that we have it, people are demanding a free dining plan!

What's expected next? An assigned nanny? Free weekends? A CM to peel grapes?

twister, you pre-paid 15k for accommodations in a timeshare, not in a hotel.

DisFlan

twister said:
Who has demanded a free dining plan?

Now you're splitting hairs "twister". Call it a gentle inquiry if you like, it's still wanting something for nothing. Disney isn't likely to give away a boat load of free food to non-rack rate guests.

Now...... about those free plane tickets, when you figure out how to get those Jim let me know right away. I'm looking at $400 a piece right now.

keys2kingdom said:
Ooooh yes please! and I also demand that he be really hot and shirtless!!!

It was a toss-up between Grape Peeler and Personal Pool Guy. I'm not picky, either would do!

DisFlan

I for one am very happy about the dining plan, I feel thats a great deal.
Could you imagine the mayhem to get a room at DVC if we didn't have to pay for dining?

twister said:

Nope, you paid DVC which is sepearate legal entity from the Disney hotels. The Disney hotel side is doing free dining. DVC isn't.

I am glad they gave us the option to pay for dining. I am glad they are giving us a discount on AP's, I am glad they give us a discount when shopping with certain merchants. I am glad I paid for a timeshare and can take my vacation when I want to not when someone decides they need to create an offer to fill rooms.

I'm not sure what is so hilarious about the question. If I buy MYW tix with the dining plan, it would seem reasonable that they might honor the deal.

However, since someone said we weren't paying for hotel or tickets....it begs the question, why exactly aren't we paying for tix? I dont have any free tix. How'd I miss out on that?

stacy6552 said:
I'm not sure what is so hilarious about the question. If I buy MYW tix with the dining plan, it would seem reasonable that they might honor the deal.

However, since someone said we weren't paying for hotel or tickets....it begs the question, why exactly aren't we paying for tix? I dont have any free tix. How'd I miss out on that?

DVC members aren't required to buy tickets to get the dining plan added on to their points stay. I can book my points reservation through DVC and not ever have to set foot in a Disney park/buy tickets and still get the dining plan added on to my reservation. Anybody else that books through CRO on cash is going to have to pay RACK rate for their room, and buy tickets for their WHOLE group to get the "free" dining plan.

stacy6552 said:

I think whoever said we weren't paying for tickets means we, as DVCers, are not purchasing tickets as part of a room "package". In fact, MS does not add purchased tickets to your ressie as they do for packages through CRO.

I am happy they are offering free dining, because it was just the tool I needed to show my husband that we should pay for dining and tickets. When he saw free dining he was thinking wow what a great deal. But then I showed him what the room cost in order to get free dining. I showed him how with our tickets and us buying the dining plan that we will be staying in a nicer resort for no more money. Lucky for me he went for it. See its all in the presentation. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter