free dining with split arrivals - can i do it with DME?

cassie58

DIS Veteran
We have booked FD for 11/23, the last day to arrive to get it before Thanksgiving. My DH and DS now may not be able to arrive till Mon.(11/25). So my plan is for my DD and I to fly in on Sat., doing online check-in beforehand as if we are all coming together, and use the extra credits later in the week for 2 TS meal. I know people have posted that they don't normally ask for everyone to be present at check-in, but i wondered about using DME. We are not planning on renting a car, so will use DME from airport, and I wasn't sure about that showing up if I am registering for 2 different flight dates? Will that be on our documents indicating that 2 people are not arriving on Sat.? Has anyone done this before? Just want to make sure I can do this as I am trying to book flights. TIA!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR(& AK?)

As far as DME, all you have to do is register each guest's flight dates and times. They do not care how many different flight times you register for your party. The persons arriving later may not get the booklet or luggage tags, but they can get a voucher for the bus by visiting the DME desk at MCO as long as they are registered on the reservation.

But will it show up when I check in at CSR, that only 2 out of 4 people on the reservation are arriving, since all are supposed to be present for free dining package?

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
08/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR(& AK?)

If it does, they won't care.

They required everyone to be present for check-in for awhile back in the early days of free dining, to prevent guests adding a "phantom teenager" or two to their room to get an extra set of dining credits for only the cost of extra one-day tickets.

Since then, they changed the ticket requirement to two days, which they seem to expect will sufficiently discourage that practice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter