• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FREE Dining - What do you do for breakfast???

Didn't see this mentioned, but garden grocer and wegoshop will deliver any breakfast items you need. It does cost a little more, but convenient.

We use Garden Grocer to deliver some snacks to the room, like Pop Tarts and granola bars. Usually, we end up using our snack credit on something like a cinnamon roll or croissant or use a CS for breakfast and just get a snack for lunch.

What does that usually cost? I know there's a charge for it, but is it flat, or by what you spend? I have them bookmarked since we won't have a car while we're there.

For breakfast we use our Snack Credit and use our Refillable mug for the beverage. Lots of choices for a Snack Credit at the Pop Food Court and this way we extend our DDP to a full days worth of meals.

Lunch is CS and our TS is used for dinner

We'll be a at WL and this is what we plan on doing as well. We'll probably pay OOP for a few sit down breakfasts at WCC but we are not big breakfast eaters anyway. If we find we're using our snack credits for popcorn and treats in the afternoon we'll just pay OOP for a danish in the morning - from what I remember they aren't that expensive anyway. And, we plan on getting our refillable mugs on day 1 so that will take care of what otherwise would be a huge budget for my coffee :goodvibes

If you don't want to deal with bringing food, the gift shops sell family size boxes of Entenmann's donuts and cake. It does cost significantly more there than at your local supermarket, but if you're paying to check a piece of luggage just to bring some food, don't bother. It'll be cheaper to buy something in the gift shop.

Last year, we checked a bag of food with pop tarts, granola bars, instant oatmeal, ect. We then ate an early lunch, around 10:30 when the CS places open up. They are usually not very busy during that time. Then we scheduled a dinner between 5-6PM.

This year, on the first leg of our trip (just the kids and I), we should have plenty to eat CS all three meals since we can share a lot. DD10 is not a big eater so 2 CS credits should feed her, DS3 and I - even when purchasing one child's meal to go with an adult meal.

On our second leg of the trip (the kids, MIL, and I), I will stop at the grocery store to pick up a few breakfast items on our way back from the port. We'll eat in the room a few mornings and then I have a couple of character breakfasts planned. On those days, we'll eat a big early breakfast (I like getting to the park before opening), share a couple of CS credits for lunch, and then plan an early dinner.

The previous night's dessert, packed up to go, makes an excellent breakfast! :thumbsup2

I had cheesecake for breakfast several times. :goodvibes

Hubby & my kids often got muffins and stuff like that for breakfast.

Or we would split a CS credit for breakfast and split another CS credit for lunch.

Also, we'd often get a CS meal at our resort at some point during the day and get milk to go with it. Since we used refillable mugs for our beverages, we'd take the milk back to our room... one 8 oz. carton of milk would be perfect to split between our boys' bowls of breakfast cereal in the room the next morning. (We just brought cereal and a few snacky things with us in our room.)

Have fun on your trip! Enjoy your many good eats!

Cereal and Milk together count as one snack credit...
2996018616_07d48de7a8.jpg

What does that usually cost? I know there's a charge for it, but is it flat, or by what you spend? I have them bookmarked since we won't have a car while we're there.

I just placed an order through www.gardengrocer.com. You have to have a minimum $40.00 order then there is a $12.00 delivery fee.

I ordered Pepsi (6 pk of 24 oz. bottles) , Diet Pepsi (6 pk of 24 oz. bottles), bakery cinnamon rolls (6 ct.), bakery blueberry muffins (4 ct.), bakery chocolate chocolate chip muffins (4 ct.), yogurt (8 ct. tubes), bananas (6), cheese crackers (12pk 1.25oz. bags), a case of water (32pk 16.9 oz. bottles), gallon size zip lock bags and a roll of paper towels - plus delivery fee, tax and a tip (optional) for $70.00. That is quite a bit more than I would pay for those items at home, but there are two of us for 7 days so it comes to about $5.00 pp/day for us each to have two bottles of water, a bottle of Pepsi, a cinnamon roll or muffin, a banana or yogurt, and a package of crackers each day.

We bring granola bars/breakfast bars etc... and eat those in the room while everyone gets ready.

We have 2 TS breakfasts scheduled, will probably share one or two CS breakfasts, and have an order from garden grocer coming with cereal, milk, orange juice, bagels, donuts, etc..

Last time we were too full from lunch and dinner to bother with breakfast. This time with a toddler in tow, we will do a grocery run for milk, fruit, bread, PB, jelly, bread and bottled water. I'll also bring some cereal bars from home.

We are bringing a toaster and coffee pot with us so we'll do breakfast in the room.

My family eats breakfast so I am planning on doing some Character Buffets for breakfast and snacks for lunch. This also gives us the freedom of returning to our resort at any time for an afternoon break.

we are not big breakfast eaters so we usually get a pastry, muffin or even a cappucino (all snack credits) and have it for breakfast as we are walking thru the parks.
mousiemom

We eat granola/ cereal bars that we bring from home or use a snack credit on a bagel, cereal, or fruit cup. Then we usually eat an early CS lunch, which works out well since the CS places aren't crowded yet!

Thank you to everyone for all your GREAT answers. We leave in 8 days for our first trip to Walt Disney World! I will be packing some granola bars and maybe some cereal in my luggage in case anyone needs it. Otherwise I think we will just use snack credits for breakfast - seems like there is an awful lot of snack options out there. Thanks again to everyone!

My son & I eat breakfast in our room at Wilderness Lodge. We have We Go Shop deliver our cereal, milk, a few snacks, orange juice, bottled water, & of course my 12 pack of Red Bulls (a girl needs her caffeine) on the day of our arrival & we eat breakfast in our rooms. :santa::santa::santa:

See my prior post, here is the We Go Shop Link, Marge is great !!! She is the owner & they have GREAT service !!!

http://www.wegoshop.com/location/wgs-location15.htm

:santa::santa::santa:

We do some of EVERYTHING. Last trip we brought no food from home and paid nothing OOP. WE never went hungry. We often got two meal and one snack for breakfast and shared between the three of us. Same for lunch. We also did a few desserts leftovers for breakfast. We ate a full week on just the DDP.

Well I bring some of those small cups of cereal and just stick them in my suitcase - one for each morning for my daughter. If I'm hungry I'll use my snack credit to get an apple or orange - since fruit is one of the options among ice cream and popcorn etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter