• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FREE DINING UPDATE- RUMOR and SPECULATION / Update Page 80 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND since someone will ask "Much Later" means like late April or early May for a F/D promo to come out.

WAY later than usual.

I sincerely hope that's wrong .. I don't think we can all take another month of this. :)

I think this makes perfect sense because the kids eat play dine free offer goes until nearly the end of April (24th I think?). I've often thought this but haven't posted until now. I'm still hopeful. It's like playing the lottery, but they don't tell you when the drawing is!

I think this makes perfect sense because the kids eat play dine free offer goes until nearly the end of April (24th I think?). I've often thought this but haven't posted until now. I'm still hopeful. It's like playing the lottery, but they don't tell you when the drawing is!

Tragically.. I hate hate hate (no, I really despise) the idea of waiting another 30 days to find out what the fall promo is..

Also tragically.. I am beginning to think that is what is in front of us.

I have never hoped and wanted to be wrong so much in my life!!! :confused3

If I were you, I would check every morning before I left for work and jump on the phone ASAP when and if the offer is made. In 2007, Pop sold out for FD in a few days.

I was at WDW for FD back in 2007 and we didn't book it until May or June because we didn't know if we would actually be able to go. We booked Pop with absolutely no problems. So either they really didn't sell out, or they added more FD rooms at Pop.

Tragically.. I hate hate hate (no, I really despise) the idea of waiting another 30 days to find out what the fall promo is..

Also tragically.. I am beginning to think that is what is in front of us.

I have never hoped and wanted to be wrong so much in my life!!! :confused3
I'm due in 29 days. Time is already dragging by for this last month...but adding that same time for a fall promo?! Oh dear god.... :faint:

Depending on where you stay, a room-only discount can be a better deal.QUOTE]

For dining for my family, it's a little over $1000 because for dining purposes I have 3 adults and 2 children. I got the 40% off deal for Poly and saved over $1100. I would never have been able to stay at a deluxe without that deal. So now my family gets to experience it at least once in our lives, while the next time we go we'll probably get 2 rooms at POR.

I don't know if this has any bareing on anything at all but my DMil who is 77 yrs young, has never been to WDW, will never go to WDW, does not own or use a computer recieved in snail mail a flyer with Ratatouii(Whatever his name is)lol on it offering FD, until 8/14 if booked by 4/30 . All I can think of is they got her name because I did live there at one time and did book a trip while living at that address. This is the 2nd time she has gotton some type of offer, the last was late 2009. All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE!

Btw it is QS at all catagory levels, Value, Mod, DeLuxe and Villa

I don't know if this has any bareing on anything at all but my DMil who is 77 yrs young, has never been to WDW, will never go to WDW, does not own or use a computer recieved in snail mail a flyer with Ratatouii(Whatever his name is)lol on it offering FD, until 8/14 if booked by 4/30 . All I can think of is they got her name because I did live there at one time and did book a trip while living at that address. This is the 2nd time she has gotton some type of offer, the last was late 2009. All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE!

Yeah that offer has been out for a bit now. We're trying to see about FD that would start August 15 and going through September. As for the PIN, because you have used that address to book a trip, it's not out of the question they would send a PIN there.

On a side note, it's Ratatouille...and his name is actually Remy. :thumbsup2

Ah Remy that's it, can you tell I don't have any small kids anymore ?:rotfl:

Well I wondered IF free dining does come out later this year, (which I think it will) will there be bounce back offers for 2011. I can see people just going down there for one night just to book a bounce back for 2011.

I got that one today, but I'm not going to use it for our April trip since the gift card rebate is a better deal for us per our TA. This time my DH isn't coming. It's just my son and I. If he were coming, it would be a better deal to take the free dining. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to go on another trip!

I didnt say this.....

If you live close, just book under her address. Anyone in the "household" can use the pin. The docs will be sent to her address, but if you are able to pick them up there, it may be worth the savings.

Who said that??

I'm so tired of being on the internet. I used to have other hobbies, like horseback riding and playing with my dogs. Now I just have obsessions, like Free Dining and ADRs.

I'm going to keep the faith...as soon as we know something, I'm spending some time outside!!!

Well I wondered IF free dining does come out later this year, (which I think it will) will there be bounce back offers for 2011. I can see people just going down there for one night just to book a bounce back for 2011.
I think that if they want to wean people off free dining, there's a few steps that need to be taken (and should have been taken)...

-I don't think any type of free dining should have been offered this summer (even as simple as QSDP). It seems to have raised a lot of hopes for FD this fall.

-any bouncebacks should have nothing to do with FD. Obviously they can't retract the bounceback offers that were given to people last year who are redeeming it this year...but if this is a promo they want to stop, then no more FD bouncebacks.

-no offense to the UK DISers, but I have the same thoughts about offering FD dining for you guys too. It shouldn't be done. It's like dangling a carrot in front of people.

Of course I all want us to have FD. But these are just my thoughts on it if this is a promo they intend on discontinuing. Cold turkey is the way to go.

I didnt say this.....

If you live close, just book under her address. Anyone in the "household" can use the pin. The docs will be sent to her address, but if you are able to pick them up there, it may be worth the savings.

Who said that??

I'm not sure how accurate that is. I know people have received PINs at their address before but under someone else's name...and they were not allowed to use it. I've only gotten a few over the last 10 years and with the exception of the very first one I got, they were all sent to my email and were offers I couldn't use anyway, so I have no personal experience with this.

I'm not sure how accurate that is. I know people have received PINs at their address before but under someone else's name...and they were not allowed to use it. I've only gotten a few over the last 10 years and with the exception of the very first one I got, they were all sent to my email and were offers I couldn't use anyway, so I have no personal experience with this.

Ive had experience with it. My mother gets them all the time and I have used a couple of hers. I dont go into details saying..this isnt my name but....its my email, my address, my etc...

I just call like its my pin saying "I received a pin in the mail and Id like to book a package. They ask for the pin number, my name, everyone in my party, our address (which I give my mothers) etc... Ive never had an issue except for the one time I called and said my mother received a pin, can I use it? She asked if I lived with her and I said No..that was the end of the pin!

So it looks like the PINS are good through the end of April for bookings through August 14th. What's the likelihood that Disney has increased the availability of PINS and is waiting until May 1 to release FD because of it?

The way it looks right now, I'll probably book with the PIN for free QSDP, and then call immediately and change the ressie when/if FD is released. If we end up "only" being able to use the QSDP PIN, it'll cost about $1000 more than we're currently hoping to spend with FD (increased room cost and upgrading four people to the DDP for two weeks!).

So it looks like the PINS are good through the end of April for bookings through August 14th. What's the likelihood that Disney has increased the availability of PINS and is waiting until May 1 to release FD because of it?

The way it looks right now, I'll probably book with the PIN for free QSDP, and then call immediately and change the ressie when/if FD is released. If we end up "only" being able to use the QSDP PIN, it'll cost about $1000 more than we're currently hoping to spend with FD (increased room cost and upgrading four people to the DDP for two weeks!).

Depending on where you are staying, you may get the DDP with the pin. I called about my ressie at the Poly. They said that I could use the pin for the DDP. I would have saved almost $1400, but I can not get there before 08/14 and she wouldnt budge on the dates.

Call and ask.

I got the Remy mailing today and I called just two days ago to see if a pin was attached to my name/reservation (since I already have one). CM said I had none attached to my name -- granted they spelled my last name totally wrong. Not sure where they even got the info as I'm registered with the proper spelling on the site and even have a ressie. This is the first PIN I ever remember getting and I went for FD in 2006 and 2007 and for the marathon in 2007 and 2008. I'm still thinking that free dining or its equivalent will be released simply for all the reasons stated and they have continued to extend promos to drive business...especially with them having offers in the summer when they should be able to charge rack without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter