• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining thru expedia

donkthemagicllama

Mouseketeer
Anyone know if you can book Free Dining through Expedia? If I can book through Expedia, I get bonus miles on my credit card, so I'd love to do it that way...

Anyone know if you can book Free Dining through Expedia? If I can book through Expedia, I get bonus miles on my credit card, so I'd love to do it that way...
No, you can not. You can't even book the Disney Dining Plan in any capacity if you book through an outside broker like Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, etc. You have to be booked through WDW at a Disney resort with a Magic Your Way Package that includes room, tickets and dining. If you book through Expedia, your reservation will have no connection with WDW whatsoever, meaning if there is an issue or you need to change anything it all has to be done through Expedia, as they own the reservation.

No, you can not. You can't even book the Disney Dining Plan in any capacity if you book through an outside broker like Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, etc. You have to be booked through WDW at a Disney resort with a Magic Your Way Package that includes room, tickets and dining. If you book through Expedia, your reservation will have no connection with WDW whatsoever, meaning if there is an issue or you need to change anything it all has to be done through Expedia, as they own the reservation.

While I have no personal experience with Expedia, Travelocity, or Hotwire...I will say that you can book the dining plan (and even free dining) through outside sources vs. directly through WDW. I did it last year through Southwest Vacations. :thumbsup2

While I have no personal experience with Expedia, Travelocity, or Hotwire...I will say that you can book the dining plan (and even free dining) through outside sources vs. directly through WDW. I did it last year through Southwest Vacations. :thumbsup2
Southwest and AAA are the only exceptions to this rule. Southwest has an actual travel agency, like AAA. You can not book the dining plan or free dining promos or any Disney discount or promo through brokers like Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, ect.

How about Air Canada or WestJet vacations? We're in Canada... Anyone ever booked free dining through either of them?
I write a travel blog and contribute to two other large Disney blogs, specifically about free dining, and the only two non-Disney entities that I have ever known of, or heard of, that can book a Disney vacation WITH the dining plan/free dining are AAA and Southwest. Of course, I don't follow all Canadian Disney deals. All you can do is call the particular company's travel division and ask them.

I don't know about now, but in 2007 - a month or so AFTER the March codes were released, Expedia AND Travelocity offered free dining packages. I got a very good deal thru Travelocity - better then AAA or WDWTravelCompany.

Never hurts to keep looking.

Also, I have taken advantage of free dining several times, and rooms that are not available at the begining of the promo - sometimes open up. I am looking for POFQ right now, but they say NONE are available. I may call AAA.

Good Luck...
I am going to check southwests site right now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter