Free Dining Success Rate

Jessiemendez1

Mouseketeer
just curious to see how everyone did with booking free dining and how many people had to switch rooms or hotels to accommodate it?

I got the room and dates I wanted at 4:17am (woke up to go pee, checked to see if it was out and got lucky), decided to switch resorts and got the same dates at the new resort at 8:13am

My friend was trying for AOA or one of the mods and could only book Saratoga Springs. It's their first trip and I feel bad for her, she was looking forward to something a little easier on the wallet.

I got the room and dates I wanted at 4:17am (woke up to go pee, checked to see if it was out and got lucky), decided to switch resorts and got the same dates at the new resort at 8:13am
What time zone are you? I keep seeing people say they were up at 4...but not what time zone. I am already planning for next year :)

I was up and got what I wanted right away - standard at CBR. I didn't have anything previously booked to switch.

What time zone are you? I keep seeing people say they were up at 4...but not what time zone. I am already planning for next year :)
It was 4 EST - I'm central and it came up at 3 for me. :)

I called a little after 7am... it took 14 tries to get through, and I was on the phone for a little over an hour. I had to switch resorts. We wanted Pop, but ended up with all star music. Did not have to change dates (I think my alternate dates weren't even under the deal)

My friend was trying for AOA or one of the mods and could only book Saratoga Springs. It's their first trip and I feel bad for her, she was looking forward to something a little easier on the wallet.

I am sorry, it was Eastern time, the resorts were CSR, and CBR dates Dec 10 -16

I had NOT booked a room because I believed that 1) if I booked a room it would be one less room Disney would feel that they needed to "sell" and that overall discounts would be less likely or less juicy, 2) if I had an existing ressie I'd have to wait until 7 when the phone lines opened to change it to FD, and even then that might not work if there was no availability for my resort/dates, and 3) I would be less likely to get a UOC if my name was already attached to an existing ressie, so.... I was starting from scratch.

At 4:30 EST my alarm went off (after giving up and going to bed at 1:45 AM). I saw the offer had FINALLY dropped and got online and booked my first choice of resort - AoA Cars Suite - and my first choice of dates - 11/28 -12/5. I know these were (at least temporarily) sold out later in the day for my preferred dates, so I feel pretty sure that if I hadn't gotten up in the wee hours I'd still be searching and hoping something came available.

I had NOT booked a room because I believed that 1) if I booked a room it would be one less room Disney would feel that they needed to "sell" and that overall discounts would be less likely or less juicy, 2) if I had an existing ressie I'd have to wait until 7 when the phone lines opened to change it to FD, and even then that might not work if there was no availability for my resort/dates, and 3) I would be less likely to get a UOC if my name was already attached to an existing ressie, so.... I was starting from scratch.

At 4:30 EST my alarm went off (after giving up and going to bed at 1:45 AM). I saw the offer had FINALLY dropped and got online and booked my first choice of resort - AoA Cars Suite - and my first choice of dates - 11/28 -12/5. I know these were (at least temporarily) sold out later in the day for my preferred dates, so I feel pretty sure that if I hadn't gotten up in the wee hours I'd still be searching and hoping something came available.

Congrats! I switched to CBR at 8:13, by 9 it was all booked except for the pirate rooms.

I got a courtyard/woods view room at BC for 3 people for 6 nights with the free dining and the 7 day PH pass for under $4800. Seems like a good deal but since I have never done the dining plan before i am not sure how good a deal it is or isn't. I reserved it Monday evening and as of Tuesday morning the cheapest available at BC was $6300 so i guess i got it just in time.

I had a previously booked standard room at CBR for 12/16 - 12/23 with the "old" prices because we were going no matter what and our dates and resort were fixed.

When it dropped I tried to modify my current reservation but had no luck, so I made a new one. I had to upgrade to a Water/Pool view room but I was done by 4:07am. I texted my friend that I am traveling with as soon as it dropped and she logged on and was able to get the same. She also had to book a new reservation. I also had to book a new reservation for my client, but I was able to get her free dining Thanksgiving week at All-Star Sports (she was originally at Movies).

If anyone has not found what they are looking for try tonight or tomorrow at midnight (I am not sure exactly which day), but that is when all of the held reservations by TAs that clients didn't book will be released.

I had booked a standard CBR for my brother in law. When I went online at 7:15 CST, it did allow me to modify the existing reservation but I did have to upgrade to a preferred room. No more standards available. I figure it's okay - this might be his only trip ever - so less walking back and forth might be worth it :)

I wanted Pop or ASSp with FD or RO discount
Dates were fixed (transatlantic flights booked).
I had no existing reservation for my 5 nights.
Got ASSp with FD

I previously booked POR standard room hoping to add FD onto it. I couldn't so I rebooked POR with pool view for the same dates and that did it. I'm so excited! It's our 1st anniversary trip!!
We are 2 adults 2 Disney adults. All cramming into one room. I was considering switching to Pop and adding a room, but my hubby really has his heart set on POR, as we were in Pop last year for our honeymoon.
8/27-9/4

Booked my 1st choice hotel, CBR, but was shy a few days. Wanted to check in a day or two earlier but it's okay.
Now I just have to allow myself to accept I am going Thanksgiving week. Only choice this year due to school schedules. I will be stalking the 'Thanksgiving week' threads

I didn't book until later this morning because we were on the fence about another trip. I wanted a garden wing room at CR on the 23rd but there was nothing at all at CR except club level. I ended up booking AKL savannah view but I'm hoping to switch to YC because I doubt anything will open up at CR in the wing.

If anyone has not found what they are looking for try tonight or tomorrow at midnight (I am not sure exactly which day), but that is when all of the held reservations by TAs that clients didn't book will be released.

Thanks for the tip!:teacher:

I didn't get what I wanted, but got something. I ultimately wanted Jersey week, but it is totally left out of any discounts. Now we are going Thanksgiving week at ASSp in 2 rooms, and for a shortened stay. I am terrified of the anticipated crowds that week :crowded: and also of the airfare costs. If airfare is too high, it may put our trip out of budget.:sad2:

I woke up at my usual time (5:00 a.m. mdt) and booked with no problem with the dates I wanted (November 27-December 4) at ASMusic, then I went out and walked the dog.

I was able to book what I wanted, Pop Century, December 16-22. Woke up around 5:30 am and couldn't get it to work online, called right at 7 am and was told I had about a 20 minute wait. During that time my boyfriend woke up and tried again online while I was on hold and he got it his first time trying. Got the confirmation email and went right back to sleep. This was our first time trying for free dining so it was kinda fun and it did save us some good money!

Did not get my dates. I tried for two days to get through. Finally got through this morning and nothing g available for CBR:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter