Free dining starts today, what are the crowds like?

teampont

Earning My Ears
This is for people who are currently at the parks or have just returned. What were the crowds like today. Not the resturant crowds, but the park crowds.

We leave in 2 days and have the QSDP.

Thanks.

I would love to know too, we leave on Tuesday and hope the crowds are not too bad sinc ethe heat is going to be a killer!!:cool2:

DH's been at Epcot since rope drop and says the entire park is a walk on. They haven't needed to use their FPs for anything. Soarin, TT were both walk ons.

I'm REALLY curious to hear about Hollywood Studios crowds today, being the LAST day before TSM closes for refurb... Especially since I have a friend in Disney right now, it's her first trip and she's hitting that park today.

Um literally on the bus right now headed to downtown disney haha. Yay for iPhone access! I have to say crowds have been great! It's VERY hot so while today at ak everest had a 20 minute wait at noon, Kali had a 40 minute wait.

Walked onto btmrr yesterday, walked onto safari today. Tot was also a walk on so we did that twice Friday, the park seemed practically empty from all the rain! Toy story mania line seemed to max out at about 70 minutes stand by, we got a fast pass at 11:30 that wasn't good till 6:15. All in all having a blast!!

Mt Everest 20 minutes wow thats a shock!! But Toy story that will be my first Fast pass when I get there in the morning:cool1: EDITED TO SAY TSM Will be down and Im saddened...Whyyyyy WHYYY Disney!!

I was suprised to hear that free dinning starts today for what ever resson I did not think it started untill september

from years part, it seemed like people said the parks were crowded and the ride lines were spotty. Some days long lines and some days 5-20 min waits.(what day of the week) School is back in session, so the crowds still should get lighter. Weekends on the other hand.:eek:

According to touring plans website, Click Here, says that current crowds are 5-7 on wait times and after next weekend it drops to 1-3.

Just plan for busy weekends:hippie:

We were there this time last year for free dining and it was so much more crowded than what we had ever experienced. All other trips had been in late September. Hope it is better for all of you going this week. We are trying November 11th-20th this year, in hopes of cooler weather and lighter crowds!

Another post indicated that TSM Fastpasses were gone by noon and a 2 hour standby at 1:30pm, but this is likely unusual as people are getting in their rides before the refurb which starts tomorrow.

Thanks for the information as were leaving tomorrow. We'll be on Space Mountain first thing Tuesday morning.

I was at Epcot today, not busy at all. We walked right in to Via Napoli about 12:30 with NO wait (and no ADR as they are not accepting them yet). It was a great experience and the pizza was great!

I'm not sure if many people are going to use their Free Dining at a place without ADRs, but I would say the restaurant was never more than half full for our entire meal.

Just back this morning from our trip 8/11 thru 8/15. When we left Pop around 11:00 A.M. to head off to HS the check in line was insane! :scared1: we headed over to HS and arrived at around 11:15. Park was packed but everything was pretty much walk on except of course TT, RR and TSM. We grabbed FP's for TT and hit Star Tours since it was the last day it was open. Walk on :cool1: we then hit backstage tour and great movie ride both walk on. TSM fast passes were gone and stand buy wait time was 120 minutes so we passed on that. went back to use our fast passes for TT about 3:30 and stand by wait time for TT was about 30 minutes. I will say this is was blazing blazing hot Sunday. We felt like it was the hottest day during our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter