Free dining right now?????

4disneyfans

Mouseketeer
I am so behind with all that is going on. Does anyone know if Free Dining is going on right now? It makes such a difference in crowd levels sometimes. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Yes, it's going on until Sep 20 (I believe). We've been before, and though the parks have not been that busy, the restaurants sure are full.

I am so behind with all that is going on. Does anyone know if Free Dining is going on right now? It makes such a difference in crowd levels sometimes. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Yes it is going on right now :thumbsup2 Also, within the last two weeks WDW has sent out pinned emails offering free dining extended through mid-October.

Yes, it's going on until Sep 20 (I believe). We've been before, and though the parks have not been that busy, the restaurants sure are full.
The general public FD code let you book 14 days past September 20 and the bounceback dates let you book 14 days past September 27, so the free diners will be in the parks through the first week of October.

Normally, I would say free dining keeps the crowds rolling in. But with five named hurricanes so far this season, that should keep the crowds down a bit.

:cool1: :hippie: We will be there until Sept. 28 starting on the 21st with free dining and it does go beyond that.

The general public FD code let you book 14 days past September 20 and the bounceback dates let you book 14 days past September 27, so the free diners will be in the parks through the first week of October.

Normally, I would say free dining keeps the crowds rolling in. But with five named hurricanes so far this season, that should keep the crowds down a bit.

I just received an email and it is going even through December (12/14-12/20) and November!

I just received an email and it is going even through December (12/14-12/20) and November!
Yes, those are special emails with pin codes for free dining. Those are random and only a select number of people will be able to use those codes and they are non-transferable. They are not part of the regular free dining promo that is offered to the general public each year.

How do you get the free dining.?? My family and I (Mom (60), Me(37), sister(34) brother in law (35), niece (4) and nephew (2) are gong to WDW and staying at the Polynesian hotel with 2 rooms. We booked the Magic your way package plus Dining (which we paid for) for all 5 of us, because Kevin (2) is free anyway. We booked our vacation back in February. We leave this Friday, 9/12 and we come back on Sunday 9/21. Can anyone help me about the free dining???? How could I get this? I don't think it is fair that we paid for the dining plan for the 5 of us when others have it free for the same time period?? Please advise...........
We are also going for my mom's 60 th birthday, she turned 60 August 25th... does Disney do anything special??

LISA

How do you get the free dining.?? ...
Can anyone help me about the free dining???? How could I get this? I don't think it is fair that we paid for the dining plan for the 5 of us when others have it free for the same time period?? Please advise...........
We are also going for my mom's 60 th birthday, she turned 60 August 25th... does Disney do anything special??

LISA

The bad news is, you had to book the free dining package by mid June of this year. You're too late to get free dining for your current trip. We booked April '08 for our Aug '08 free dining using the disney visa promo code. I believe general public booking opened a few days later. There are only so many rooms open at each resort for free dining.

The good news is you'll probably be eligible for the bounceback free dining stay for late Aug-early sept 2009. Just look for a flyer in your room showing this promo.

I won't get into whether it's fair or not that you are paying for the dining plan while others are not. :sad2:

Have it noted in your reservation that you are celebrating your mom's 60th birthday, they might do something special. Remind them again when you check in. One morning, we asked for a birthday button for ds at front desk, by the time we returned in the evening there were balloons and an autographed photo of Mickey waiting in our room for ds.

The bad news is, you had to book the free dining package by mid June of this year. You're too late to get free dining for your current trip. We booked April '08 for our Aug '08 free dining using the disney visa promo code. I believe general public booking opened a few days later. There are only so many rooms open at each resort for free dining.

The good news is you'll probably be eligible for the bounceback free dining stay for late Aug-early sept 2009. Just look for a flyer in your room showing this promo.

I won't get into whether it's fair or not that you are paying for the dining plan while others are not. :sad2:

Have it noted in your reservation that you are celebrating your mom's 60th birthday, they might do something special. Remind them again when you check in. One morning, we asked for a birthday button for ds at front desk, by the time we returned in the evening there were balloons and an autographed photo of Mickey waiting in our room for ds.

thanks so much . I know, I don't want people to get into the fairness or not......i just think it isn't fair. I wil try to contact Disney and see what they say....... thanks again. :) What is the Bounceback Dining???? Any more info on that would be appreciated.

How do you get the free dining.?? My family and I (Mom (60), Me(37), sister(34) brother in law (35), niece (4) and nephew (2) are gong to WDW and staying at the Polynesian hotel with 2 rooms. We booked the Magic your way package plus Dining (which we paid for) for all 5 of us, because Kevin (2) is free anyway. We booked our vacation back in February. We leave this Friday, 9/12 and we come back on Sunday 9/21. Can anyone help me about the free dining???? How could I get this? I don't think it is fair that we paid for the dining plan for the 5 of us when others have it free for the same time period?? Please advise...........

LISA
Since 2005, Disney has been offering the Free Dining promo for Magic Your way packages with a 3 night minimum and a 14 day maximum (Basic Dining Plan; 1 TS, 1 CS, 1 Snack per person per night) during the last part of August until the end of September, give or take a few days. It has been offered as a bounceback to guest staying in the resorts during the Free dining promo for the last three years. The free dining offer is usually announced during the first week of April. The first couple of days it will only be open to Disney Visa holders and then will open up to the general public. The booking dates for this year for the general public were August 24 through September 20 (but you could book up to 14 days past that date and still receive the FD promo) and you had to book by June 22 to receive the FD offer. You have simply missed this year's window to book free dining.

Free Dining has been a brilliant plan on the part of Disney to fill the crowds during what was previously their slowest season, and hurrican season to boot. And then having the bounceback for free food while the free diners are there in the parks, on their Disney high, well I would call that pure marketing genius. Disney, the corporation, is about making money, not being fair.

Honey Is it going on??? Yes Maaaammmmmm!!! and Boy did I enjoy it Free Dinning as Crush would Say""" Totally DUDE""" Free dinnig ROCKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter