Free dining released now for aug 25th-sept 29??

I would love to know too. It's expensive enough to do things with a large family and then to get excluded from a discount really hurts. Though I guess if we booked two rooms at a value it may be a little cheaper and we can still use the discount...but then there would be the stress of trying to get the rooms connecting.

The discounts are used to fill empty rooms. So my guess is that the family suites have enough demand that they don't need to include them in the discount to fill the rooms.

I would love to know too. It's expensive enough to do things with a large family and then to get excluded from a discount really hurts. Though I guess if we booked two rooms at a value it may be a little cheaper and we can still use the discount...but then there would be the stress of trying to get the rooms connecting.
There are not that many "suites" on property at WDW and they are able to book them with or without discounts. They aren't going offer discounts on rooms that they know they can book for full price. And, actually, getting 2 connecting rooms would save you a good deal more money, almost $100.00 per night vs. the All-Star Music Suites. Also, getting a connecting rooms request in low season is not really that big of an issue. Also, I don't know how current the number of children you have or their ages, but technically you could fit in 1 value room because your oldest is under 3 or you could book a room at Port Orleans Riverside, which sleeps 5 and is cheaper to book than 2 value room or a All-Star Suite.

in the past booking 2 rooms at pop for 5 adults w/ fd has been cheaper than booking a family suite at ASMu. And we have never had a problem getting connecting rooms.

Is there a code to book this online? It's not showing up on the Disney Visa web site.

You don't need a code - just mention the offer. I am so surprised this offer is still not showing up on the Disney Websit. Congrats Disboards. If I hadn't been checking here I would have missed it. My daughter is getting married at Dis World Aug 31 so we had to go anyway. I was lucky enouhg to get 30% off POFQ prior to this. Now with regular free dining we just lost the discount and paid rack rate. the granddaughters will love the slide and we are basically eating for $100 a person per week!! I'm having a great day!!:goodvibes:cool1::dance3:

The discounts are used to fill empty rooms. So my guess is that the family suites have enough demand that they don't need to include them in the discount to fill the rooms.

WE've been getting connecting rooms for year with no problem. Just make sure you tell them you want connecting not adjoining. It's great when babysitting grandchildren:cutie:

You don't need a code - just mention the offer. I am so surprised this offer is still not showing up on the Disney Websit. Congrats Disboards. If I hadn't been checking here I would have missed it. My daughter is getting married at Dis World Aug 31 so we had to go anyway. I was lucky enouhg to get 30% off POFQ prior to this. Now with regular free dining we just lost the discount and paid rack rate. the granddaughters will love the slide and we are basically eating for $100 a person per week!! I'm having a great day!!:goodvibes:cool1::dance3:

It would not show up at all on the Disney website until next week, but it is now on the Disney Visa site...

http://www.disneyrewards.com/offers

Me too! It's always exciting to see people get a great discount they have been waiting for. I'm also anxiously awaiting the October - December free dining discounts . . . . . :-)
i will miss out by ONE day!!!! (sept30-oct6)
it will indeed be a long wait to see what discounts come out for fall.
free dining would be amazing but a % off would be fantastic too!!!!

Just booked for September.
Was going to go in May with the AP rate plus paying for dining, but got a very comparable deal for September without the AP rate, but including free dining.
So no huge discount compared to the AP rate like I hoped. But I would rather go in the fall anyway.
We do have the time to make reservations in the 180 day window for Sept. But things do seem more crowded for PS's when there is free dining
Staying at Coronado which I love.
Bernie

This was my concern as well!

in the past booking 2 rooms at pop for 5 adults w/ fd has been cheaper than booking a family suite at ASMu. And we have never had a problem getting connecting rooms.

Maybe I'll look in to that. We wouldn't have the microwave/kitchenette situation, but if we are doing free dining it doesn't matter. Thanks!!! :goodvibes

I just got off the phone and realized my price was a little higher than I thought it should be, and realized he booked me a garden view room. Was anyone able to get a standard?

I just got off the phone and realized my price was a little higher than I thought it should be, and realized he booked me a garden view room. Was anyone able to get a standard?

No that is why we are at CBR. I can't justify paying for a view that we will never look at threw the window. It would be a bit diffrent if we were staying at AKL or something like that.

http://www.mousemisers.com/2012/disney-free-dining-2012-for-disney-visa-cardholders/#more-2269

Cant wait, hopefully this is right! Released for Disney visa holders today and march 5th for general public. Guess the rumors were true :)

I just called today to see if there was a PIN code attached to my account (no such luck) and I happened to ask if there were any other "specials" and the CM told me about the FD in Aug/Sept. Unfortunately we are going in May but it seems like she would have applied it if we were travelling in Aug/Sept. So, it may be worth you all putting in a call now rather than wait til it's out to GP. She never mentioned a Disney Visa card. Good luck!!!!:dance3:

I just called today to see if there was a PIN code attached to my account (no such luck) and I happened to ask if there were any other "specials" and the CM told me about the FD in Aug/Sept. Unfortunately we are going in May but it seems like she would have applied it if we were travelling in Aug/Sept. So, it may be worth you all putting in a call now rather than wait til it's out to GP. She never mentioned a Disney Visa card. Good luck!!!!:dance3:
But when it came to the actual booking, you would have to put down a $200.00 deposit to get that code and it would have to be with a Disney Visa card. The computer will not accept the code or the discount unless it is associted with a Disney Visa Card and the CM will have to check that to apply the discount.

I am on hold and the wait time is over 30 minutes!! This is crazy!!

good luck everyone and pixie dust to you all on getting FD once its released to the GP!!

I can not wait to call Monday Morning!!!

We have the 10% pin colde attached and as of now, it hasn't saved much, but wed definitley love to get the FD to stay an extra day and enjoy a longer vacation!! :-)

It's nice that WDW will be offering FD for Sept; but for those of us who can't go the very last week of Aug or in Sept due to being teachers or not wanting to pull our kids from school it is kind of a bummer. For our WDW trip last year, FD was offered both for our dates the third week of Aug and for the family suites at ASMU too. I know a lot of people are fine with getting two value resort rooms instead of the family suite, but I like the family suite because you get a queen size bed in the bedroom, kitchenette with a coffeemaker, fridge, and microwave which comes in handy even if you have the dining plan (especially for breakfast in the morning), and I like all of us being on one reservation. My DH is 6"4 and we can't comfortably share a full size bed and we don't want to split up and share a bed with our kids either, so two value resort rooms wouldn't work for us and everything else on WDW property that will accommodate our family's size is out of a price range we are comfortable with. Based on what some people are saying about what they were able to book, it also seems like they are limiting the amount of rooms available at certain resorts under this new FD promotion. I am happy for those who have been waiting for FD and the dates work out for the time they are planning to go and the resort they want to stay at; but I feel there are other great deals to be had elsewhere and we have been looking into getting a condo at Windsor Hills and this may be the sign for us to go forward with that option. We can get discounted park tickets through our AAA office as well as the diamond parking pass; and I will just load up a Disney gift card for any counterservice meals or snacks we want to buy in the parks. I can't say I will miss the Disney buses and I've been told by numerous people that driving to the parks from Windsor Hills is quick and easy. I am glad we were able to take advantage of a nice promotion for our WDW trip last year and we are at least able to say we did experience staying at a Disney resort; but now I feel that I am no longer willing to be glued to the computer to see when discounts are being released or feel restricted to going to WDW based on when FD or other comparable promo is offered; but again I'm happy for those who have been waiting for this promo and it works out for their planned trip.

There are not that many "suites" on property at WDW and they are able to book them with or without discounts. They aren't going offer discounts on rooms that they know they can book for full price. And, actually, getting 2 connecting rooms would save you a good deal more money, almost $100.00 per night vs. the All-Star Music Suites. Also, getting a connecting rooms request in low season is not really that big of an issue. Also, I don't know how current the number of children you have or their ages, but technically you could fit in 1 value room because your oldest is under 3 or you could book a room at Port Orleans Riverside, which sleeps 5 and is cheaper to book than 2 value room or a All-Star Suite.

I didn't realize that the family suites were all that popular. Personally I think they are over priced for only having "value level" amenities. My DH doesn't want to squeeze into a super tiny room...especially with two active little boys :) that's why we were planning on booking one.

I LOVE THESE BOARDS!!!!!
Just called and got FREE DINING for our whole trip 9/27-10/6!!!! Took 5 minutes total.
We were just going to use gift cards to pay for food, now I have $450 in GFs to use for souvenirs!!

I am soooooo happy right now!!

Thank you!!

Just booked two garden view rooms with free dining at POR, September 28-October 6. I am so excited! Count down has begun, now I have 4 weeks to come up with park and dining plans. Happy Day!!!

Jackie

I was so excited to book a cabin at Fort Wilderness for 4 adults, 2 children, and a 2 year old with free dining from September 22-28. This will save us around 1800 for the 6 nights! Did I say I was excited?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter