Free Dining Quote.

minniemouse1

DIS Veteran
I received a quote yesterday from a TA for December 21st through the 28th. 6 guests 2 adults, 3 juniors and one child staying at Art of Animation in a Family Suite. Includes the room, park tickets with water park and more option for 7 days and free dining for the entire stay for $6800. We have not been to WDW as a family. I have had many visits as a child and DH has been 2 times also a long time ago. We have been on DCL 6 times with the kids and love it but want to bring them to the parks atleast once. I want the convience and experience of staying on site

Yes, there is, as long as you check in by 12/21. Unfortunately the AoA suites are certainly not "value" priced, but you only get the QS plan free. Are you paying to upgrade to regular dining? Are you planning any TS meals?

I might change the Water Park and More to Park Hoppers. Unless you plan to do DisneyQuest, you may find you won't use the water parks if weather doesn't cooperate, and that part of the ticket may be pretty useless to you. You may find that Hopping to another park would work though.

This price is with the dining upgraded to standard from the quick service. I thought the older kids would enjoy Disney quest and my DH would probably enjoy the wide world of sports although I do not know much about it. When we went to WDW during Christmas when I was a kid stayed for 5 days and had one day that was really nice and we went to the waterpark.

I'm partial to DCL too. Price seems okay. I'd have a hard time spending $7k to stay at a value for a week, but that's Disney. Probably much cheaper than a 7 night cruise over Christmas.

Have you thought about pricing out two rooms at a moderate resort? It may actually come out to less than paying for the suite and upgrading the dining plan. And the resort will be that much nicer! You can ask for connecting rooms. They're not guaranteed, but with only two adults in the party, they'll make every effort possible to keep you together. I've never heard of a family being split up when there's only two adults. Then you'd have four "real" beds instead of all the pull outs.

I'm partial to DCL too. Price seems okay. I'd have a hard time spending $7k to stay at a value for a week, but that's Disney. Probably much cheaper than a 7 night cruise over Christmas.
7 night cruise over Christmas for our family size is around $15000. We chose AoA because we could all fit in one room. is their another option that is cheaper on site?

Have you thought about pricing out two rooms at a moderate resort? It may actually come out to less than paying for the suite and upgrading the dining plan. And the resort will be that much nicer! You can ask for connecting rooms. They're not guaranteed, but with only two adults in the party, they'll make every effort possible to keep you together. I've never heard of a family being split up when there's only two adults. Then you'd have four "real" beds instead of all the pull outs.
No I didn't think about pricing out 2 rooms. Thank you for the suggestion. When we traveled on DCL we had to get 2 cabins because of our family size so the kids are use to connecting room. And I did not think about the bed issue either. I am going to email my TA right now and see what she can find. THANKS!

Just priced it out at Coronado Springs 2 rooms same dates and tickets $7432. Is this resort better than AoA?

I would take CSR in a heartbeat, it's our favorite resort! Two queen beds in each room, wooden sliding privacy door for the vanity area. The resort is very spread out, no one area is closest to the pool, the dining, etc., but it's a very pleasant walk. Good bus service, 4 stops around the resort. Table service as well as counter service for food options. Your TA can request that rooms be connecting, it's only a request but the room assignment people will try to honor it.

The resort is beautifully decorated for the holidays, a colonial Mexico type theme.

CSR is a gorgeous resort, but the convenience of all being in 1 room together is certainly worth its weight in GOLD.

Enjoy your trip!:thumbsup2pixiedust:

I personally wouldn't risk not have a guarantee of connecting rooms. Yes, Disney will make every effort to get you that. But what happens if they can't?

OP What you're considering is different from DL in that WDW is so BIG that you likely won't get much chance to use the 'extras' like WP and DQ in your 7 day trip... so dropping those from your ticket would save some $$- timewise with that large a group seems like just time for the main parks and TS eating(which takes up a chunk of time daily)
If your TA found availability that is awesome, it is extremely limited. I don't think your price is bad.... - Not sure if TA can get you something for less, but if you price the room and tickets separately, how much $ now for food for that many people for 7 days in WDW? - As far as I can see there is no 'fd' discount anywhere cheaper.....

OP What you're considering is different from DL in that WDW is so BIG that you likely won't get much chance to use the 'extras' like WP and DQ in your 7 day trip... so dropping those from your ticket would save some $$- timewise with that large a group seems like just time for the main parks and TS eating(which takes up a chunk of time daily)
If your TA found availability that is awesome, it is extremely limited. I don't think your price is bad.... - Not sure if TA can get you something for less, but if you price the room and tickets separately, how much $ now for food for that many people for 7 days in WDW? - As far as I can see there is no 'fd' discount anywhere cheaper.....

To qualify for FD, she has to have either WP or hopping added to the tickets.

OP, I would choose 2 rooms at a moderate resort over 1 large room at a value simply for the 2nd bathroom, TV and closet. Just having a 2nd bathroom is priceless when everyone is trying to get ready quickly.

To qualify for FD, she has to have either WP or hopping added to the tickets.

OP, I would choose 2 rooms at a moderate resort over 1 large room at a value simply for the 2nd bathroom, TV and closet. Just having a 2nd bathroom is priceless when everyone is trying to get ready quickly.
The AoA family suites have a 2nd bedroom and 2 full bathrooms and 2 televisions and a sizable closet area. Plenty of room for a family of 6! OP, if you are looking to shave down on the cost, 2 rooms at a value (ie: POP Century) is going to be your cheapest bet. This way you would get a total of 4 beds, 2 tvs, 2 bathrooms and 2 closets. Happy planning!!

The AoA family suites have a 2nd bedroom and 2 full bathrooms and 2 televisions and a sizable closet area. Plenty of room for a family of 6! OP, if you are looking to shave down on the cost, 2 rooms at a value (ie: POP Century) is going to be your cheapest bet. This way you would get a total of 4 beds, 2 tvs, 2 bathrooms and 2 closets. Happy planning!!
Thanks for clarifying. I admit I don't know much about AoA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter