Free dining question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kristainohio, Sep 19, 2012.

1. kristainohio

kristainohio Mouseketeer

DH and I are planning on coming down December 13-17. We just upgraded our tickets to APs so we don't need tickets. Is free dining only available if you buy a package? We are here now and the free dining is SO good for my husband who is a miser when it comes to food spending :) I've never seen him so happy :)

2. It'sWDW4me

It'sWDW4me <font color=green>Fairly new... still gets a tag :

Yep, you usually need to include a 2-day ticket. You can hold onto those tickets, though, as they will never expire as long as you don't use them. Keep them for your next trip or I think you can use them towards your next AP.

3. Shmily1

Shmily1 DIS Veteran

Yes, unless you are military, you do have to purchase a ticket to get the free dining. You don't have to use the ticket when you are there, but you have to purchase them. You could get a 2 day ticket so you could get the free dining then when your APs need renewing, you can put those tickets toward your renewal.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

For free dining you always must purchase a package reservation with at least a 2 day ticket. Even for AP holders and military. No exceptions.

with an AP or military you can get a ticketless package with paid dining, but not for free dining.

Be careful though. Depending on where you stay and what discounts are available, getting the ticketless package and buying a dining plan may actually cost less than free dining at resort rack rate.

5. MMS1125

MMS1125 Put your faith in what you most believe in.

to get FD even military has to purchase a 2 day base ticket

Military, DVC, and AP holders can pay for dining to be added to a ticketless package though if you want to pay OOP for the dining plan. You will probably be better off buying a TIW card and saving on your meals that way