free dining question

NickNElliesMom

Earning My Ears
Ok, the disappointment is setting in... We're heading to WDW August 21 to 28, and of course the free dining offer is starting on the 28th. I noticed that there is still a room discount offer available thru August 13th, that can be booked until May 27 (I think), does anybody think they may offer more free dining for the last 2 weeks of August once this offer ends? I know it's a guessing game, but does anybody have a guess?

It depends on bookings...with 3 f/d promotions (one back in 2010, pin code one & this latest), I don't know if another one will come out.

I am also going during the no new promotions time in August. I was a little disappointed that we missed both the room and the FD but I also know that the FD offered last year for August starts on the 19th so that might be why nothing is being offered. I am sad but still looking forward to our trip

I think the dates for FD announced are really bad. We had not been planning on going this August, but if we had, we would have had to shorten up our trip. I think starting the last week of August and only going for 4 weeks is just plain bad. Maybe they got enough people signed up for when they offered it last year and these were the dates that they still needed more people to come to WDW and fill it up. And ending room only discounts 2 weeks before FD is offered is double bad .... so they are considering those two weeks as prime season when 2/3 of the country is already back to school?

I think this is probably it for free dining in August. I do not think it will be offered earlier in the month.

I think this is probably it for free dining in August. I do not think it will be offered earlier in the month.

I've got to agree, with as packed as it was the last 2 weeks of August last year during FD I don't see them offering it public again. We booked at All Star Sports 2 days before our trip the first week of free dining and that was the ONLY room we could get in the value and mod category and it was the very last one. I had to play with dates and we had to leave a day earlier to get that one and it took about 3 hours on the internet refreshing hoping one would come up and multiple calls to double check availability before I got that room. They were booked solid (even at rack rate!). The whole place was a mad house and we actually waited over 60 minutes one night to get dinner at the food court, DH and I swore we would never do that again that is double the longest line we have ever stood in for any attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter