Free Dining Promotion

ChloeChipper

Mouseketeer
Just curious if anyone knows if people staying in a DVC unit are eligible for the MYW Package with free dining?

My sister is going to be there during the promotion time, and she is staying at OKW.

Any ideas?

No, stays on DVC points are not eligible for free dining. If she stays at OKW and pays rack rate through CRO, she would qualify.

The free dining isn't for DVC members staying on points. You need to make your reservations through CRO for the free dining offer.

HBC

Chuck S said:
No, stays on DVC points are not eligible for free dining. If she stays at OKW and pays rack rate through CRO, she would qualify.
To qualify for the free dining, you need to purchase a room & ticket package. To get a package, you need to stay a minimum number of nights and buy at least a 1 day/1 park ticket for everyone on the reservation.

Best wishes -

Out of curiosity, if you booked a DVC discounted cash stay at a DVC resort, can you get this package?

CRSNDSNY said:
Out of curiosity, if you booked a DVC discounted cash stay at a DVC resort, can you get this package?
You must pay full RACK RATE on tickets and room to get the "free"dining.

If your sister is staying on points -- either owned or rented -- she would be eligible for the paid dining plan...which might well be better than the MYW plan with "free" dining.

The paid plan with DVC points does not require paying rack rates, nor does it require buying park tickets she may not need. It's $37.99 per adult and $10.99 per child (3-9), and the plan must be purchased for all guests for all days of her stay.

I heard it was a 3 day ticket this time, correct me if I am wrong?

CRSNDSNY said:
If you book through MS, your stay is treated as though it were booked on points. You would not be eleigble for the free dining, but you would be able to buy the DP (subject to the other "rules").

Best wishes -

byoung said:
I heard it was a 3 day ticket this time, correct me if I am wrong?
My understanding is that there is a 3 day minimum to get a package, but that you only need to buy a 1 day/1 park ticket for your package.

Best wishes -

Yes, one day ticket is the minimum. We go every September and usually stay at the Shades of Green. This time we booked the free dining package because, although it was rack rate, we are a family of five, four of which are considered "adult" by WDW standards. For us, the free dining pays off, but for a family of two or three it would depend on other factors. I truly want to try renting a vacation club resort next time, though, as we are considering buying one soon.

CarolMN said:
If you book through MS, your stay is treated as though it were booked on points. You would not be eleigble for the free dining, but you would be able to buy the DP (subject to the other "rules").

Best wishes -
Thanks Carol.

I booked the DP for our DVC stay next month. We can't wait to try this out!

And the ticket can be saved and not used on the package trip in question for those that have passes. It's been said that one can get the full value in exchange for a different ticket but I don't know that for certain.

Why do we DVC members miss out on the great package deals like this?? To me, a free dining plan would be better than the dining discounts we get, but because I've booked using points (instead of making a regular cash reservation) we can't get the deal. :sad2:

sistertrip said:
Why do we DVC members miss out on the great package deals like this?? To me, a free dining plan would be better than the dining discounts we get, but because I've booked using points (instead of making a regular cash reservation) we can't get the deal. :sad2:

Because profits from the non-discounted cash room bookings offset the "free dining" for WDW, how would you propose that DVC offset the cost to offer it to members? Dues increases? Why should everyone pay additional dues to offset giving free dining o a select number of DVC members staying on points during a two-month period?

Just wondering if anyone knows if the DVC DDP credits expire when you check out of the DVC resort? We are staying our first 7 nights between BWV and BCV and out last tywo nights at the Wilderness Cabins at FW. If we have some meal credits left over when we move to the cabins, can we still use them?

My understanding is that they are valid until midnight on the day that you check-out from DVC, just as the plan attached through the regular resorts expires at midnight on their check-out day.

Chuck S said:
My understanding is that they are valid until midnight on the day that you check-out from DVC, just as the plan attached through the regular resorts expires at midnight on their check-out day.

That's what I was told by MS.

sistertrip said:
Why do we DVC members miss out on the great package deals like this?? [...]
This is not entirely accurate. sistertrip, if you call up Disney CRO to make a reservation, pay $300-500 (or more) per night for a 2BR DVC villa and buy your park tickets as part of the package, you too can get the free dining plan.

There are always options....

ETA: I just priced it at disney.com. 7 nights for a Studio at BWV arriving Sunday Aug 13 for 2 adults & 1 8YO would cost @2,380. Yep, for a Studio. Then you need to add tickets....

Free dining? Riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes1

I just put this on another thread - BWV 1 bedroom, 5 nights late August, 2 one day tickets, "free" dining plan. Total $2,400+. This is all just a marketing gimmick during a slow time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter