Free Dining - Possible public code...

Just pricing it out, it seems that free dining is better than the stay and play free deal. Hmmmm

billed as kids stay and play free but in reality, kids ALWAYS (ok, pretty much ALWAYS) stay free so its the price of their tickets that you're getting free. The price of the room, within occupancy limits, does not increase with the addition of kids, only with the addition of more than 2 adults.

First off, I want to say hi! I have been reading these boards since last year when we took our first trip to Disney with our boys. I LOVE them! Dh says I'm obsessed and I can't argue with him!

Anyhow, we are heading down on May first with my in laws and staying at CSR. I am very excited! We were booked with a 30% off room PIN that my husband received and although we were happy with it, I was hoping for FD because it would save us a couple hundred more. We LOVE the QSDP so to get it free would have been great. I called the weekend before our payment was due just to see if we had any PINs attached to our names and the CM I spoke to did the exact same thing as you! She got SOOOOO short and snotty as soon as I mentioned looking for PINS, told me we would have gotten it by e-mail or snail mail and that was it. I was so taken aback by her attitude, I finished giving her our flight info and she hung up on me. I was under the impression that we could fill in a survey to say how our experience was and I couldn't even do that!

Dh ended up calling back and the new CM checked for PINS and appoligized and gave him the customer relations e-mail. I e-mailed them and explained how disappointed I was and that I had never had a bad experience with any of the CM's.

The night before our payment was due Disney called back, appoligized for what I had gone through and credited both ours and my in-laws with FD! I was so happy and appreciated the gesture! Yeah for most of the CM's!!!

I am going too in May. I had called weeks ago and was told by a CM that the FD was avail to me but I would have to have my TA call back. When she called back, she was told that no it wasn't available to me. I sent an email to Disney and got a reply back that they were sorry this happened bo me but there were no pins atttached to my name. Guess you were really luck for them to credit you.

I think it is fine to call and insist that they check for a pin code, and to do it anyway you can and keep calling until you get someone who will check. What some people don't understand is that you can have a pin code and not even know it.
I called in June 2010 to cancel my trip( broke my foot), and asked if I had any codes in case I wanted to rebook. I had a very rare 40% off room code, with no black out dates good from June- Dec. 31st. I never got email or post cards and both CMs I talked to didn't know anything about the promotion or what it was called. We were able to go Christmas week with 40% off CBR. For those of you that are new, it is nearly impossible to get a discount for the week between Christmas and NYears.

i called for the first time ever (i do everything online usually haha) and i got a very sweet CM who, sadly, informed me that i don't have a pin and that there are no special offers for later this year coming out that she knows of. i suspect that last thing is just what she's supposed to say, but still :(

i called for the first time ever (i do everything online usually haha) and i got a very sweet CM who, sadly, informed me that i don't have a pin and that there are no special offers for later this year coming out that she knows of. i suspect that last thing is just what she's supposed to say, but still :(

I tired too, as our penalty phase was starting to see if we had any better offers. Unfortunately while the CM was nice, he could not find out anything that better than the 15% off the room. He did say hold on and let me see what I can do, but came back and said there wasn't anything new.

Wonder if I should call. Staying at POR 8/13/11-8/21/11 and called yesterday. No pin or discount.

Can't hurt.

For those who get a rude CM, I agree with the advice to hang up and phone back, some are more willing to help, and go above & beyond then others.

I am a reservation sales agent. The agent you spoke to lied to you. Either way, you have to have a pin offer in your household. There could be several entries of one person in the database depending on how many times you have created accounts online or how many times an agent has rebuilt a new household. Next time, ask for the package code of a "freebie" like that for your records. If you don't have record of your own pin and someone provides one proactively ask for the number. You don't want you discount taken away at the front desk so document every change.

I just got off the phone with a CM. I am already booked with the kids stay and play free package, but I was looking for a discount for my mother to travel with us during the same time frame. The CM I spoke with was AWESOME. She checked with pins under my name and my moms name...nothing. Then she told me to hang on a minute because she was going to try one more thing.

CM: "Do you like the dining plan?"
me: "yes"
CM: "Okay, because I am going to try to get you the free QSDP for your mom's stay."
me: "Oh, do we have a pin?"
CM: "No, but they will be offering this to the general public soon and I am going to try and get it right now for you. Bear with me."

She was able to get the free dining offer for my mom during the month of May!!! My mom will be so excited. Not sure if a general public offer is really coming...but maybe!!! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter