Free Dining - Possible public code...

momandkidslovedisney

DIS Veteran
I just got off the phone with a CM. I am already booked with the kids stay and play free package, but I was looking for a discount for my mother to travel with us during the same time frame. The CM I spoke with was AWESOME. She checked with pins under my name and my moms name...nothing. Then she told me to hang on a minute because she was going to try one more thing.

CM: "Do you like the dining plan?"
me: "yes"
CM: "Okay, because I am going to try to get you the free QSDP for your mom's stay."
me: "Oh, do we have a pin?"
CM: "No, but they will be offering this to the general public soon and I am going to try and get it right now for you. Bear with me."

She was able to get the free dining offer for my mom during the month of May!!! My mom will be so excited. Not sure if a general public offer is really coming...but maybe!!! :cloud9:

I have been trying to get that pin for over a month now. Maybe I should call and see if they could send some pixie dust my way. What number did you call?

Our CM was able to help us get the free QSDP after I explained that we were going to upgrade to the DxDP. Sometimes it just depends on who you are talking to or what is out there for them to offer. I was about ready to give up and pay full price after months without a pin code attached to my name.

I called yesterday to check for any new PINS since we check in to POP in 11 days!!!! The CM was quite short (which i could tell right off the bat where this was going). I asked her about any possible PINS and she said " you would know if you got an email from us with a PIN." I said gee thanks and hung up.:headache:

Our CM was able to help us get the free QSDP after I explained that we were going to upgrade to the DxDP.

tell me more please......so if they offer free QSDP, can one get that package and then upgrad to the standard or delux dining plan and pay the difference between the Quick service plan and the plan they want? if so, that would be awesome!

I called yesterday to check for any new PINS since we check in to POP in 11 days!!!! The CM was quite short (which i could tell right off the bat where this was going). I asked her about any possible PINS and she said " you would know if you got an email from us with a PIN." I said gee thanks and hung up.:headache:

I would try to call again and have them look. It's the luck of the draw if they will look it up for you or not.

tell me more please......so if they offer free QSDP, can one get that package and then upgrad to the standard or delux dining plan and pay the difference between the Quick service plan and the plan they want? if so, that would be awesome!

yes, from what I have read on other postings, you can get the quick service for free and pay for the upgrade difference only.

I've already got reservations for aug under the kids stay and play free deal. Would I be able to add free dining if they come out with that too?

I've already got reservations for aug under the kids stay and play free deal. Would I be able to add free dining if they come out with that too?

You would need to do the math to see which is better for your family. You can not combine discounts so you have to choose one promotion.

Not 'too' but 'instead of'...no promo stacking, unfortunately.

Just pricing it out, it seems that free dining is better than the stay and play free deal. Hmmmm

I seem to always get the short CMs and feel like an idiot trying to press for more info or help. Also hoping for GP offering of FD in late August since I stupidly booked our trip 3 days after the deadline to book free dining! :scared1:

Just pricing it out, it seems that free dining is better than the stay and play free deal. Hmmmm

We got a PIN but it was a significant savings for us. We were on Kids Stay and Play free. When we got the PIN we upgraded the QSDP to DDP and added 2 days for the same cost we were paying with the previous reservation.

Congrats!! What a great start to your day!
Here's hoping there is a GP FD coming!! I'm hoping it is extended into Dec. again like last year, so this gives me hope!! I hope you guys have an awesome time with tons more pixie dust!! :goodvibespixiedust:pixiedust:

First off, I want to say hi! I have been reading these boards since last year when we took our first trip to Disney with our boys. I LOVE them! Dh says I'm obsessed and I can't argue with him!

Anyhow, we are heading down on May first with my in laws and staying at CSR. I am very excited! We were booked with a 30% off room PIN that my husband received and although we were happy with it, I was hoping for FD because it would save us a couple hundred more. We LOVE the QSDP so to get it free would have been great. I called the weekend before our payment was due just to see if we had any PINs attached to our names and the CM I spoke to did the exact same thing as you! She got SOOOOO short and snotty as soon as I mentioned looking for PINS, told me we would have gotten it by e-mail or snail mail and that was it. I was so taken aback by her attitude, I finished giving her our flight info and she hung up on me. I was under the impression that we could fill in a survey to say how our experience was and I couldn't even do that!

Dh ended up calling back and the new CM checked for PINS and appoligized and gave him the customer relations e-mail. I e-mailed them and explained how disappointed I was and that I had never had a bad experience with any of the CM's.

The night before our payment was due Disney called back, appoligized for what I had gone through and credited both ours and my in-laws with FD! I was so happy and appreciated the gesture! Yeah for most of the CM's!!!

Good Morning!

OT---momandkidslovedisney I noticed you were from MN :) I'm in North St Paul...:thumbsup2

I was lucky enough to get the FD pin but now I'm hoping for a public offer for my cousin & her family!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter