Free Dining Poll!!!

What you know or think about Free Dining 2007!!!

• I think that Disney with have Free Dining but not sure

• I was TOLD by a CM that there would be Free Dining

• I was Told by a CM that there would NOT be Free Dining

• I don't think that there will be Free Dining but not sure

• I know for Sure that there Will be Free Dining

• I know for Sure that there will NOT be Free Dining

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only thing is that there were differences in the UK Program and the Bounce Back offer. With the UK offer they were required to purchase 'length of stay tickets' but with the Bounce Back Program only a one day MYW ticket was required. If free dining is offered to the general public, I wonder which will be required?

I've heard and read where several CMs have said Disney was really surprised at how well the Bounce Back program went over and that they had 'surpassed their quota', whatever that means. Hopefully it will be offered to everyone, but I have a feeling that if it is, it will be for much fewer pkgs this year.

If they don't offer free dining this year we will not be going to WDW this year. We went in 2005 with free dining and we loved the DDP.
We plan to stay at CSR so the 40% would have saved us $290 for our five nights and the free dining would save us $780. I have $2000 strictly budgeted for vacation this year, I hope it goes to Disney!

We were staying at POP this past nov/dec and got in on the bounce back program. We were told the same info as post #9
Cristy

He also said that WDW was really suprised at the number of people who showed up for the bouce back program as they had purposely not advertised it very much.
That's interesting considering someone else here recently said a CM told them that the bounceback program was not as successful as WDW would have liked and therefore would be offering free dining to the general public again. So who knows what the truth is.

What I do know is that Disney is obviously trrying very hard to get people to come during certain periods. If travel truly was back up, there'd be no need to introduce a bounceback offer and there certainly wouldn't be a need to offer 40% off room rates. That's a huge chunk of money. Now I'm not saying trravel isn't back up at all...the numbers have increased after being down a bit since September 11th. But, it's not like it's high enough that they need to do away with any offers. Offering such big discounts all for the same time period indicates they really want people there.

Do I personally believe they'll offer free dining again? Honestly, no...but I'm not sure. It's hard to tell. It seems like it would be an odd move to offer free dining AND a 40% offer. Not that you can combine the two, but with both being such big deals, it seems strange they'd coincide with each other (yes I know the 40% offer is a much longer time period, but for awhile, they would coincide). But of course, this could be Disney's way of saying "hey, not everyone was able to get free dining the last couple of years and may not again this year, so we'll offer you something else in case you miss it again." Obviously they intended on doing free dining anyway with the bounceback offers so who is to say it won't eventually be offered to the public?

Only time will tell....

I am no where near ready to book our trip for Sept 17th week yet, but will the 40% off be available for some time? In case the "free dining plan" is not offered..

Thanks in advance..

Just had to post that your user name made me laugh! It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George is dating a girl who always says "Happy, Pappy?"

Here's my thoughts on Free Dining:
They sent out this 40% off postcard/email pin that expires on 3-15. Free Dining was offered last March 29 (+/-). Maybe if the 40% targeted campaign doesn't fill autumn rooms the way they hope, maybe they will then offer free dining again at the beginning of April for the August/Sept Value Season.

Just a thought...

that the whole 40% off code thing is resolved prior to any announcement on Free dining. I was told at least 3/4 times during booking process (several changes) that free dining would be offered. Even when I booked Deluxe for family of 5 (40%) which is a BIG deal for us I was told that this would actually be cheaper than when free dining was offered on Poly GV with tickets and DDP. If this falls thru and Free Dining IS offered that would be another possibility at POR. Otherwise who knows....I've never paid full price we've always gotten some kind of deal so it would be hard to do it. Hoping it all works out soon.:)

I am no where near ready to book our trip for Sept 17th week yet, but will the 40% off be available for some time? In case the "free dining plan" is not offered..

Thanks in advance..

There's alot of confusion over the 40% off codes. Some people have been able to get it without ever receiving an email or postcard, but others (like me) have called multiple times and been denied even though our dates fall within the time frame. Some people say they are general codes and some say they are only email and postcard codes (which is what I've been told every time I call). Some people feel Disney made a mistake, but will still honor the ones who were lucky enough to get them, but others say Disney has said they are going to look at each 40% off ressie and if the person didn't have a pin# in their profile they would lose their discount. Who knows, how it's going to play out?:confused3

At the moment I have a ressie for May 5th-13th that I'm hoping for an AP discount for and another ressie Sept 29th-Oct 7th that I booked with the bounce back program for free dining, but I if I could get the 40% off deal I'd like to book another trip for Nov or Dec. When I've called about the 40% offer I've offered them all three codes and asked for any value or moderate resort for anytime in Nov or Dec (except Thanksgiving or Christmas week). Thus far I've been denied every time, because I don't have a PIN in my profile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter