Free Dining Plan Start Date?

coruth4

Mouseketeer
I just booked a trip for August 16th this year, but have to change it because of conflicts at work. My concern is that by moving it to August 9th I won't be able to use the free dining plan (if it is offered) for my whole trip.
Can anyone tell me when the free dining plan was offered for last August? That would at least give me an idea of whether or not I am in the right ball park.
I initially was planning on traveling from a Thursday to a Thursday in hopes of saving money on air fair. Is that logical assumption? I haven't flown in over 15 years and have no idea what typical air fair costs. :confused3
Thanks for any advise and/or help!

I think last year it was August 13. This year, the free dining offer for UK customers begins August 12, and the bounceback offer begins August 5 (all Sundays). So in your case, I suppose it depends on which (if either) are offered to the general public.

Forgot to mention the air fare (my posts are never that short, lol).

If you're flying Southwest, traveling on off days can definitely make a difference. Usually those days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays--maybe also Thursdays and Saturdays sometimes? If you go to www.southwest.com and click on reservations, you can check out general ticket prices for the days of the week you want to travel. They're only booking through May now, so you'd have to make up some dates, but it would give you general ideas.

You can probably do the same on other airlines--I just don't fly others very often so don't know. Good luck!

Can anyone tell me when the free dining plan was offered for last August?

Start date was August 13. I know this for a fact, because our vacation was August 5-August 12, and we couldn't reschedule to start on the 13th due to the kids' school start date. :mad:

Even having to pay for it instead of being free, we still enjoyed it and look forward to doing it again.

From the 2007 Disney Dining Plan FAQ:
What is "free dining"? Will they offer free dining this year?
During the heart of Hurricane Season, Disney has offered a free dining promotion to help encourage reluctant guests to visit during this normally very quiet time of the year. The free dining promotion requires guests to book a Disney MYW package, paying for the hotel at the rack rate, and in return offers the Dining Plan as a free add-on to the package. For the UK/European residents offer, the free dining promotion had to be booked between August 25 and November 6, 2006. The free dining promotion has also been offered to guests while on-site at WDW if staying at Disney resort hotels during December 2006. The free dining promotion applies for arrivals starting August 5 (for the bounce-back offer) or August 12 (for the UK/European offer), through September 29, 2007. There is no indication, one way or another, whether free dining will be offered to other targeted groups and/or to the general public.

If you were staying at a Disney resort during a given time frame in Nov and Dec 2006 you were able to book a vacation for the period of Aug5-Sept30 2007 which includes the DDP at no additional cost. You had to pay the rack rate for the room and purchase at least a 1 day MYW pass for everyone in your group. They had reservationists at POR and BC to book while you were there. It was the first time they have done face to face in person on site reservations. They call this a bounce back program

Question on the DDP and free plan...

I am booked for 8/10 through 8/20 and purchased the DDP. If the free plan is offered in a few months, during my time, am I automatically eligible?

What if for only part of my time, say the free plan is offered starting 8/13?

I am booked for 8/10 through 8/20 and purchased the DDP. If the free plan is offered in a few months, during my time, am I automatically eligible?

What if for only part of my time, say the free plan is offered starting 8/13?

No, you would need to call and change your package based on availability of the free dining offer.

You would need 2 separate reservations; you would only get the free dining for the dates that fall within the promotion.

Went to WDW last year in October and had an absolute blast with the family. I want to go back again next year, but want to take advantage of the free dining plan.

When (if) it becomes available to the general public, where will it be advertised? On their website? Do you need a special code?

Thanks

Went to WDW last year in October and had an absolute blast with the family. I want to go back again next year, but want to take advantage of the free dining plan.

When (if) it becomes available to the general public, where will it be advertised? On their website? Do you need a special code?

Thanks

Though some folks actually got emails from Disney Visa (since it was available to Disney Visa holders for 3 days only before being released to the general public). Most likely you'll see the information here first. You will see signs that something is coming, then BOOM, it will happen and the boards will be a buzz of activity. The anticipation is killing us. Welcome to the disboards and keep in mind that there is a ton of information right here too. You can click on the home key or type in wdwinfo.com -- sometimes folks seem to forget that the disboards is more than a discussion forum.

We booked with free dining on the bounce back - my mother was there in Nov. and booked a trip for us while there and got the free dining included. The first day that it was available was August 5th so she booked it - so if it becomes available to everyone else it could be as early as the 5th.

I am really confused about free dining! I just recently booked by trip from 8/11/07 through 8/18/07. If by any chance free dining is offered around these dates will I be able to add it? I currently do not have DDP yet.

If it is offered during your stay you would have to call and have your reservation changed to that package. You should watch for this to be offered and call as soon as you see it because availability is limited and you are not guarenteed to get the same resort or room type as you had originally.

Free dining had only normal room rates. Pop was in the low season, so it was the best deal. Other resorts you may be paying for higher room rates, so might not be a deal.

I can't remember if AAA could be used for free Dining?

Anyone?

Free dining had only normal room rates. Pop was in the low season, so it was the best deal. Other resorts you may be paying for higher room rates, so might not be a deal.

I can't remember if AAA could be used for free Dining?

Anyone?

yes it could. That's how we booked our last week in sept 2006 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter