Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

I have read it...and there is a FD post on there that you've participated in....if it's a rumor it's a rumor and that's fine. You stating YOUR reasons why it should be here doesn't change my opinion that it needs to be in the rumor section....or the FACT that as of today....it's STILL a rumor.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was just offering up a possible explanation. :confused3 I didn't say it shouldn't be there. I said the reason it isn't is because that forum is more about the parks. :confused3 And yes, I participated in a discussion there because that is where the OP started the thread. I try to help everyone here. I don't decide not to help someone because they posted something in a different place than I would have posted it. If you want to know the exact, precise reason something is not in the "right" forum, perhaps you should ask the moderator directly via PM. I hope you get the answer you are seeking. Sorry I couldn't give it to you. I tried. I failed. Oh well.

I was just offering up an possible explanation. :confused3 I didn't say it shouldn't be there. I said the reason it isn't is because that forum is more about the parks. :confused3 And yes, I participated in a discussion there because that is where the OP asked started the thread. I try to help everyone here. I don't decide not to help someone because they posted something in a different place than I would have posted it. If you want to know the exact precise reason something is not in the "right" forum, perhaps you should ask the moderator directly via PM. I hope you get the answer you are seeking. Sorry I couldn't give it to you. I tried. I failed. Oh well.

Smitch, ignore it. You are fine . :flower3: We know you are here to help and mean no harm.

Lets all take a deep breath and wait for Thursday to come. I too want this FD to happen and I want to thank Black for his information. August 1st was what was originally confirmed with July 29th as a LIKELY date for DV holders. So we can't be too down just yet. Lets think positive together! Remember a Disney vacation is MAGICAL! That's includes the planning process!

Disney did NOT pull this offer at the last minute - that is ridiculous. Clearly, the DV FD offer was not supposed to drop until August 1. Disney is a large company with a huge marketing machine and contracts with Chase. These kinds of deals/discounts are in the worlds for months - commercials being made, mail flyers being printed, etc. Some marketing rep at Disney didn't decide in a whim last night to "pull this deal" or to "mess with social media." Lets use our common sense here, the DV or GP offer should drop on Thursday.

I cconcur:thumbsup2

Disney did NOT pull this offer at the last minute - that is ridiculous. Clearly, the DV FD offer was not supposed to drop until August 1. Disney is a large company with a huge marketing machine and contracts with Chase. These kinds of deals/discounts are in the worlds for months - commercials being made, mail flyers being printed, etc. Some marketing rep at Disney didn't decide in a whim last night to "pull this deal" or to "mess with social media." Lets use our common sense here, the DV or GP offer should drop on Thursday.

I think this is so true. I do think they may make minor changes to dates one way or another as the need arises, but not scrap an entire campaign.

Disney did NOT pull this offer at the last minute - that is ridiculous. Clearly, the DV FD offer was not supposed to drop until August 1. Disney is a large company with a huge marketing machine and contracts with Chase. These kinds of deals/discounts are in the works for months - commercials being made, mail flyers being printed, etc. Some marketing rep at Disney didn't decide in a whim last night to "pull this deal" or to "mess with social media." Lets use our common sense here, the DV or GP offer should drop on Thursday.
I'm just telling you what that person said to me. Those are not my words. Just passing info told to me.

Disney did NOT pull this offer at the last minute - that is ridiculous. Clearly, the DV FD offer was not supposed to drop until August 1. Disney is a large company with a huge marketing machine and contracts with Chase. These kinds of deals/discounts are in the works for months - commercials being made, mail flyers being printed, etc. Some marketing rep at Disney didn't decide on a whim last night to "pull this deal" or to "mess with social media." Lets use our common sense here, the DV or GP offer should drop on Thursday.

I agree :thumbsup2

I'm just telling you what that person said to me. Those are not my words. Just passing info told to me.

Don't sweat it. :goodvibes It is always helpful to share what the CMs tell you when you call. It helps to prove the fact that calling 10 times can result in 10 different responses. I once had a CM give me conflicting info within the same phone call, so technically, you can call 10 times and get MORE than 10 different responses! :lmao:

I haven't posted before but I was happy to find this board as I was hoping to go to disney late this fall. However, I have been very disppointed with some of the comments today. So...
Big Thanks to Black and anyone else who passes along what they believe to be valuable leaks from Disney. It was worth a shot, right? Keep them coming. :goodvibes

Don't sweat it. :goodvibes It is always helpful to share what the CMs tell you when you call. It helps to prove the fact that calling 10 times can result in 10 different responses. I once had a CM give me conflicting info within the same phone call, so technically, you can call 10 times and get MORE than 10 different responses! :lmao:
Thank you:goodvibes

I have read it...and there is a FD post on there that you've participated in....if it's a rumor it's a rumor and that's fine. You stating YOUR reasons why it should be here doesn't change my opinion that it needs to be in the rumor section....or the FACT that as of today....it's STILL a rumor.

I was confused by the whole rumor section at first, as well, as well as the "confirmed" statements. It initially seemed to go against what we would expect but kind of makes sense to me now.
Confirmed just means the rumor is confirmed by a reliable source.
Since the "rumor" threads focus on parks and other stuff, I guess they could have made a separate discount rumor section, but maybe they just don't want things to get to cumbersome and want to keep things simple.
Since I do not have to do all the organizing however, (I'd rather be planning my trip) LoL, I am certainly not going to complain. : ) Everything is open to interpretation so someone would be upset, I'm sure, if they switched it around anyway. There is no way everyone would be happy.
I've come to embrace all the oddities and love having so many other Disney lovers to share with.! I'm not going to let the organization of threads get in my way. : )

I haven't posted before but I was happy to find this board as I was hoping to go to disney late this fall. However, I have been very disppointed with some of the comments today. So...
Big Thanks to Black and anyone else who passes along what they believe to be valuable leaks from Disney. It was worth a shot, right? Keep them coming. :goodvibes

:welcome:

I know there have been a lot of new people posting today and I am often one of the first to say hello. With the craziness of today I have missed a lot of you, so :welcome: to the boards, or even just to posting if you have been lurking for awhile. Thanks for joining in on the discussion and sharing your thoughts with us all. :goodvibes

Do u need it to be in the rumor section to know its a rumor? I don't understand.

What I said earlier was that every other post EVER made that was SPECULATION or RUMOR, was moved to the Rumor Forum...this was not....people have a right to be upset if they believed this to be fact....regardless of their own gullibility....when something is a rumor and in the same breath posted with the word CONFIRMED....people put weight into it and invest emotion....I can see how disappointing it could be.

Now....IF this were moved (rightfully) to the rumor forum, which has far LESS traffic...fewer people would've seen it and people may not have gotten their hopes up, as it were, that's all...nothing more, nothing less. I got free dining for October without a PIN....so this doesn't affect ,e either way...all I ever did was state why some people might get upset that to date....this is still a rumor and their emotional over it.

I was given a hard time based on what I was told before, which I've admitted wasn't correct....but I never claimed to have confirmed info....as it goes on this site....you are either raked over the flames....or you can do no wrong.....no gray area.

Would I ever book based on rumor? Personally, no....but some people may and they're learning that lesson (so far) today.

Disney did NOT pull this offer at the last minute - that is ridiculous. Clearly, the DV FD offer was not supposed to drop until August 1. Disney is a large company with a huge marketing machine and contracts with Chase. These kinds of deals/discounts are in the works for months - commercials being made, mail flyers being printed, etc. Some marketing rep at Disney didn't decide on a whim last night to "pull this deal" or to "mess with social media." Lets use our common sense here, the DV or GP offer should drop on Thursday.

Gothcha!:thumbsup2 So you think DV will be Thursday and GP on Monday??? Or, no DV and just GP on the 1st??;)

I think the word ridiculous is a bit strong, but that does sound very logical. However, we will not know for sure until August 1ST. Maybe free dining was never really coming. Someone could have been misinformed and it blew up. Again August 1ST will give us a better idea, but if it doesn't come at all, we will never know why it didn't.

Even Danny wasn't 100% accurate with the last leak, stating that AOA LM would be included, when it wasn't there was ALOT of back lash on these boards and he has laid low since.

We all need to remember that Joe, Danny, and the others are trying to be helpful and while we are all disappointed they were very clear that these were rumors and not to change travel plans or buy airline tickets until it was actually released by Disney as things could change.

He's not laying low because of AoA rooms...

If everyone keeps slamming the people who give the potential dates for these offers a hard time they will stop giving the info out. Who does that help??

Fingers crossed for everyone booking as we arent going this year!

Thanks to Black for sharing the info, I appreciate it and thank you :)

This is why...but not by everyone, by a few, including the OP...

What I said earlier was that every other post EVER made that was SPECULATION or RUMOR, was moved to the Rumor Forum...

I am not aware of any discount related post that has ever been moved to the rumor board, so "every post EVER made" is an grossly inaccurate statement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter