Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

Wow! I'm completely shocked at some of the things people are saying about Black. Look, his original post said that the discount begins Aug. 1st with Disney visa holders getting the discount early "likely June 29th." So Disney visa holders did not get it today. Big deal. He didn't say it would happen today, just likely today. And things can always change with Disney as we all know. When rooms are booked and Disney sees that more and more people will be coming during a period of time, then Disney will change what the discounts are and when they will be released. So to blame Black is absolutely ridiculous IMO. Black can not now or ever predict what Disney will do especially when people start booking rooms left and right. Give the guy a break. Why book a trip based on rumors or leaks. I personally have never done that. I book because I can afford to book the vacation I want. I don't book because I'm hoping for a discount.

Usually I sit back and read the boards, but I felt that this time, I just had to say something. If free dining had been released today for visa holders, none of you would be saying these hateful things, would you.

I have been stalking this thread for quite awhile and was a little bit disappointed this morning, and still hopeful that free dining will be released.

But you know what? It's not the end of the world if there is no free dining! We are planning our first WDW trip in November and at this point we are so excited, I am not going to let free dining or lack thereof decide if we can go, even though our budget is tight. It sure would be nice, but if we don't get it, hopefully we'll get a room discount and if we have to, we can forego the dining plan and eat cheaper paying out of pocket if we choose some not-as-pricy but still awesome WDW restaurants. I am still waiting to book for awhile to see if free dining is offered, and I'll be :cheer2: if it is!

THANK YOU to the folks who are willing to post the rumors, etc. It sounds like most people here get you are only trying to help, you had good intentions and reliable sources, and you really can't control what Disney does. It sure does make it fun and exciting! :) I couldn't wait to log onto this thread this morning and see if people were getting their discounts... hoping for better news Thursday morning, or sooner!! :goodvibes

:welcome:

Thanks for sharing and here's some hope you will all get Pixie Dusted very soon!!!pixiedust::tinker:pixiedust:

My trip is booked and we are going regardless. FD would be a bonus and I would downgrade from a suite at AoA to 2 rooms at POP if need be to get it. My DH is home maybe 12 weeks a year so our dates are not flexible. I booked what I could afford, keeping in mind that our DD21's boyfriend24 is coming and may not pay his share. Now I am paying the whole amount which I saw coming. I can not see where anyone would think it is a good idea to book outside of what they can afford. This is DD21 and he BF's 1st Disney this and I am not willing to let that magic go. This will be DH and DD3's second trip and my, well I lost count on that.
With that being said I am truly thankful for everything I have learned from the wonderful people on the boards. Even being to Disney as much as I have, and having a former CM in my family I still have a lot to learn.

Noticed this on Twitter, link was to a FB page. This is a copy/paste from the page:

Teen Disney
5 minutes ago near Cumming, GA
As rumored, Disney has EXTENDED **FREE** dining through December 22nd! This is one of THE most economical times to visit Disney. You just can't beat getting food for **FREE!**

If you'd like a quote, please contact me directly! ...or if you have existing reservations, we can apply the discount to your reservation!

*Booking begins TODAY for Disney Visa Cardholders and August 1 for the general public.

:sad1: Just got off the phone with Disney, this is just a rumor. It would be nice to be true seeing we are booked for these dates. Fingers crossed it will be true:banana:

Noticed this on Twitter, link was to a FB page. This is a copy/paste from the page:

Teen Disney
5 minutes ago near Cumming, GA
As rumored, Disney has EXTENDED **FREE** dining through December 22nd! This is one of THE most economical times to visit Disney. You just can't beat getting food for **FREE!**

If you'd like a quote, please contact me directly! ...or if you have existing reservations, we can apply the discount to your reservation!

*Booking begins TODAY for Disney Visa Cardholders and August 1 for the general public.

Another website had posted something like that as well, and then promptly pulled it.

It is interesting and concerning to read some of the remarks here. As much as Disney values its guests, hopefully no one is making their travel plans based upon something read on the internet, unless it is an official site posting.
Many, if not all of the TA's that promoted FD for Fall and it's anticipated dates were reading the same social media content speculation, and were not given any advance notice by Disney, as is pattern and practice.
Fall promotions were always scheduled to release on Aug 1, and, as is also usual, such promotions are evaluated to maximize return up until release.
Based upon a better than expected response to Armed Forces promotions, pre-bookings and occupancy for most resorts, and extremely heavy pre-bookings for ADR, particularly in association with F&W dates, Disney is certainly looking at reductions/changes/limitations in RO discounts, and limitations to FD, if offered, to fill certain time frames. CS reps were in fact prepared for the reaction to social media speculation, and do not have further information at this time.
Social media can certainly impact corporate decisions, both positively and negatively.

I do appreciate all of your kind words; however, I want this to happen. I want all of you to have a wonderful Disney experience this fall.

Regardless of whether or not August 1, as leaked, is accurate or not, I'm beginning to wonder if these leaks are a good or bad thing...both from me, Danny, and all the others from the past who's leaked information.

For starters, everyone's sources are usually anonymous, as to protect their position. Someone is potentially putting their neck on the line by leaking info to someone, who then leaks it on here. Is it worth someone getting fired?

Second, we know Disney watches these boards, as they have said so in the past....and we know that they've grown incredibly frustrated with the leaks.

Third, if a leak causes bookings to go through the roof, it could cause the leak, no matter how solid it is, to be cancelled.

I'm certainly not saying any of this has happened this time...but eventually, one or all of those things will, it's only a matter of time.

I now go back to my sulking...:sad1:

The only tragedy in this morning is if a source lost a job over this. I hope that this wasn't a planted leak to out a source. It's good to remind myself that someone is risking their job to aid my thrill in early planning and speculation.

AllEars has a post on facebook about the rumors. Guess someone must have posted the rumor on their site, maybe in comments or something? Basically they were reprimanding those posting the rumors. We will see what happens on August 1ST. Might have more people upset, might have lots of people happy, but I really have a feeling it isn't happening any more. Only time will tell. I am going regardless.

I am more of a lurker here on the boards but I participate on Facebook. My thoughts on the subject are that no one should count their chickens before they hatch.

If you booked a trip based on speculation then get mad when the speculation does not happen that is on you. Sure you can be sad and disappointed but if you booked based on FD that was not confirmed and you now have to cancel that really sucks and I hate that for you and your family but if your trip depends on FD you should really wait to book until it is confirmed.

No point in getting mad at anyone but yourself.

I hope that FD is released for all the want and need it but chalk this up to lesson learned.

Tina

AllEars has a post on facebook about the rumors. Guess someone must have posted the rumor on their site, maybe in comments or something? Basically they were reprimanding those posting the rumors. We will see what happens on August 1ST. Might have more people upset, might have lots of people happy, but I really have a feeling it isn't happening any more. Only time will tell. I am going regardless.

I am keeping up hope just by sheer force of will because I'm not ready to give up! DH has given up. I know you've also been kicked down in the dirt by the numerous rounds of PINS, so it has definitely been a discouraging ride so far. I do have that horrible feeling in my gut that something has gone wrong, but I'm ignoring it and going to keep telling myself it's happening Aug 1st. If it doesn't, I'll get down for a moment, ok a few moments :sad1: ...then we're going regardless and it's still going to be our dream anniversary trip either way :wizard:

No it doesn't. There's hardly any traffic over there and something this big needs to be on a more prominent board that gets more traffic. The DV FD date is really this thing that has been speculated, I would expect that the release date all along was a d still is August 1.

Look...split hairs call it semantics.....but others here were bashing someone earlier who got upset over this rumor....reminding them this was ALWAYS a rumor....point blank it is still a RUMOR...and should be in that forum.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I do appreciate all of your kind words; however, I want this to happen. I want all of you to have a wonderful Disney experience this fall.

Regardless of whether or not August 1, as leaked, is accurate or not, I'm beginning to wonder if these leaks are a good or bad thing...both from me, Danny, and all the others from the past who's leaked information.

Hey man, it's okay! I think about 99% of the posters this morning have been positive. Things may still come around on Aug 1, but as you have said nothing is certain. I think that you are even more disappointed than the rest of us that the free dining extension may not go ahead. In addition, you have posted on this thread this morning after the Aug 1 date did not pan out, so that attests to your sincerity - if you were not then you would have disappeared. It's been a fun ride on what I think was a legitimate possibility that may yet pan out later this week (hopefully!), but if not, you were helping us try to plan with the best of intentions.

Don't know how much my opinion matters but here is what I think probably happened. Disney was obviously well aware of this rumor. From a business perspective here's how I look at it. My company knows that on July 29th a ton of people are going to be calling to make NEW reservations based on the hope that there is a Free Dining offer. If I hold that offer and even only a small percentage of those people still decide to book a vacation that's less rooms I now need to offer Free Dining promotions for to help fill up resorts. I am now making more money because I don't have to give away as much free food and all I had to do was hold off an offer that was never made official anyways.

As for Black, Thank You for everything you do Sir. I have received so much help on this forum and you have provided so much information and help to all without ever asking for anything in return. I turly appreciate your efforts.

By the way. Disney would be insane not to put a new offer out. They have alot of rooms that need to be filled for a lot of dates and if those bodies aren't in the parks, they aren't making money. Chin's up. I am fairly certain we will see something in the near future.

I first of all would like to thank Joe and all others who provide this information. Nothing is ever guaranteed so I think we need to take a step back and stop bashing posters for the information that they've so generously given. There is no need to get angry or upset over a discount. It is dissapointing I know, but we all need to act like adults and be thankful that we have this site as a resource. To all who have answered any of my questions about FD I'm very grateful. Here's to hoping for some sort of discount. If it doesn't happen I'll still be in WDW enjoying my vacation and that's what's really important here.:goodvibes

People need to just chilllllll outttt!!
Like some posters have said...Disney wants to fill all the hotel rooms for the highest price possible. So if they rooms are full, why throw out a discount??
I'm sure everything isn't booked, but they probably want to wait and see if the booking curve for Oct-Dec is on its way down.
Supply and demand!!

I must admit this morning I was disappointed to find out no Disney Visa offer was available today. We have gone one other time with free dining and loved not having to worry about what things on the menu cost..etc. We had decided that if free dining was released we would upgrade to a mod. While I sat here and tried to figure out where to make cuts I realized that by the time we cut out the extra money to upgrade to a mod (to get regular dining plan) and also the extra tipping for TS, we are pretty much going to be even. Sure we won't get to do all the fun character and TS meals but that just gives us more park time. Either way Disney is going to get the same amount of money out of me FD or not. Still hoping for it of course but it's certainly not the end of the world if it doesn't.

Look...split hairs call it semantics.....but others here were bashing someone earlier who got upset over this rumor....reminding them this was ALWAYS a rumor....point blank it is still a RUMOR...and should be in that forum.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Did you read my post about why it is not on the rumor board? In case you missed it due to the speed of the thread, here it is again...
The rumors and news forum is centered around what is happening with the parks. Typically when you see the word "confirmed" in relation to an upcoming promotion it means that it is a solid lead based on an actual leak from inside the company. If you look at the rumors and news forum, you will see the word "confirmed" all over the place. That holds the same meaning on that forum as it does here. Nothing is ever truly confirmed until Disney themselves put it in writing. Regardless of that word being used in the title, it has been stated repeatedly, including the first post, that the release date is Aug 1. It is not yet Aug. 1. The Visa date is CLEARLY listed as a speculation in the first post. Being disappointed is one thing, but people have no right to blame anyone for anything. You (generally speaking, not you personally) can't pick and choose which lines of a rumor you are going to believe and then get mad if those statements are not fact. You have to read the rumor as a whole. The rumor is that a deal is coming on Aug 1. Until then, no one should be up in arms. And even if nothing is released that day, no one should behave as some have done here today.

After reading the recent posts for this thread, I'm so happy we that got the FD pin. It looks more and more like Disney is seriously cutting back on the discounts.

If we didn't have the FD pin, I'd probably be climbing the walls right now! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter