Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

You would have to pay OOP for the 9TH and 10TH. You MAY have to change rooms, because it will go in as a split stay. You have to book the 9TH and 10TH as RO and the rest of your days with free dining. You will also need to go to guest services at one of the parks to get your tickets early.

ok sounds easy enough but just to clarify i have to get my tickets early from any park guest services not the hotel and one last question would it be cheaper to stay at a value and upgrade the dining or do most people upgrade to a moderate?[/QUOTE]

It depends. Best to do the math and see which would work out better for you.

Dont want to burst anyones bubble, but this info has been out for weeks. On here and FB.

What are you talking about? :confused3 This is new news. The other info was about the FD PIN and the projected FD dates for the public offer. These are newly leaked dates that are not the same as the PIN.

Omg yay!!! So exciting! I need help though! Our dates are Nov.16-22 and we have a little mermaid room at AoA. What are our options and what would you do?! We are a family of 5, three children ages 8, 6, and not quite 2. My parents are adult sister are also joining us. I will switch resorts in a heartbeat, no problem! What is the cheapest Moderate Resort? CB? Help!

OOps! I may have misread your question before;sorry! Are you looking for 2 rooms that can hold a total of 8 people??? Or a room for 5 and also a room for 3???;) I am here for you! May need more info!:flower3:

I'm really excited by this news. Do you all think there is any benefit to booking a room now and then switching it over to free dining so that specific room category doesn't sell out? For example, we need a room at POR in the Alligator Bayou section. Should I book it now and call to add free dining?

I apparently pissed off the ghost of Walt Disney. Besides the 1st of Sept the dates I am staying are the ONLY 3 days excluded in the entire month of Sept. No option for early check in due to being on a DC.

"but this info has been out for weeks. On here and FB."

The date change is new I know that.. I thought I would be included up until today

OMGosh!! Are we on the same wave length...lol. We both posted at same TIME!!! Mine is right above yours! Let me know if you have more questions/clarifications???pixiedust:

Well we don't need a suite or joining rooms cause my youngest will be in a crib/pack n play and my parents and sister have a separate room. So it looking like the biggest bang for our buck is to upgrade to CB or POR French Quarter but I'm still looking into it. What are you doing?

The date change is new I know that.. I thought I would be included up until today

The date change isn't a huge surprise. If you remember, I had said that if some of the dates sold well, they would be excluded from the public offer. That's exactly what's happened here.

It happens...

I'm really excited by this news. Do you all think there is any benefit to booking a room now and then switching it over to free dining so that specific room category doesn't sell out? For example, we need a room at POR in the Alligator Bayou section. Should I book it now and call to add free dining?

Not really. If the rooms sit aside for free dining sell out, you wouldn't be able to get it even if you had a room. Some people do go ahead and book, but there isn't any real benefit in doing it. You'll still have to call that morning anyway.

But to calm everyone's fears, these things don't sell out the first morning. There are still people booking the September offer. Worst case is a room category or possibly a resort may sell out, but even that takes a while to do. Plus, often they will open more rooms up anyway after the rush is over.

This is fabulous news!

We are planning on checking in on Dec. 22 and staying for 13 nights at POFQ. We are 4 Disney "adults" so FD is an awesome deal for us.

I just ran the numbers and we will save $3050 with FD!

We did FD before at Christmas. It still amazes me that they offer this for people staying at the busiest time of the year, but we have 2 girls that can only go to Disney during school breaks, so this is such wonderful news for our family!

Thank you to all who shared the info! :cool1:

The date change isn't a huge surprise. If you remember, I had said that if some of the dates sold well, they would be excluded from the public offer. That's exactly what's happened here. A couple of those ranges were already looking pretty full according to some posters having a hard time finding rooms during those times.

It happens...

Yea I realize that.. Just hurts that there are only 4 days in Sept that are excluded from FD and my entire stay is within 3 of them so no choice of a double reservation or ability to go a day earlier. Got excited when I saw your initial dates after already getting shot down with the cutoff on the previous offer being the 25th.

:cheer2::dance3::cheer2::dance3::faint:

I'm so beyond happy I'm actually nauseous! I've been trying for this for our October trip since January (stupid PINs) and we really, really needed FD for it to be my DH and me to have a fantastic 1st alone solo trip, 1st real honeymoon, 18th wedding anniversary..(insert kitchen sink ;) )...trip! We've been with family two times now to WDW, but never with FD and it's been more budgeted eating in the room etc. So now, this makes this truly our Dream Trip!

So, we don't have Disney Visa. I want to call first thing and will need to let work know I'll be in later that morning as I'm stalking the phone line, :rotfl: so let me see if I have this correct at this point. August 1st, 7am eastern time, I'm on the phone at the house to add the FD promotion to our reserviation. Is that correct?

Glad for those of you this is helping...kind of depressing for me :sad1:

So confusing how they determine discount dates...that I could travel on some of the busiest weeks of the year and get free dining, but plan for the lowest season and can't. I mean, I could have free dining the entire week of Thanksgiving OR the week of Christmas all the way through New Years if I booked it right. Unfortuately, DH will *NOT* travel on those dates due to how busy Disney is then (ironically, since they are giving discounts for those time periods). Ugh...sorry just venting. Wish changing dates was a possibility for us!

Good luck to everyone on getting the FD. Unfortunately we check in December 4th so these no dates eliminate my chances of getting it. Not a good Monday for me :sad:

Me too. :(

I can't figure out why the discounts are available for peak holiday season but not the historically slow beginning of December. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Well we don't need a suite or joining rooms cause my youngest will be in a crib/pack n play and my parents and sister have a separate room. So it looking like the biggest bang for our buck is to upgrade to CB or POR French Quarter but I'm still looking into it. What are you doing?

Sorry, I am catching on, little slow today...lol. You have an infant, so technically you can do a standard/ 4 per room/rm...gotcha, finally! Speak slowly to me... May want to have a resort room category and another resort in mind as a back up when you call on free dining release date; some fill up quicker than others. Also take into consideration that they might only have a more expensive room category available for FD.:goodvibes

OOps! I may have misread your question before;sorry! Are you looking for 2 rooms that can hold a total of 8 people??? Or a room for 5 and also a room for 3???;) I am here for you! May need more info!:flower3:

Yes, we already have 2 LM rooms booked at AoA, so we're looking to upgrade to the cheapest moderate resort, 2 rooms, so that we can get FD. So a room for 4 plus and infant and another room for 3.

Not really. If the rooms sit aside for free dining sell out, you wouldn't be able to get it even if you had a room. Some people do go ahead and book, but there isn't any real benefit in doing it. You'll still have to call that morning anyway.

But to calm everyone's fears, these things don't sell out the first morning. There are still people booking the September offer. Worst case is a room category or possibly a resort may sell out, but even that takes a while to do. Plus, often they will open more rooms up anyway after the rush is over.

Thanks!!

Oh, to Black/Joe, I am truly appreciative of how you've been here with us each step of the wait with news and hope. I am truly thankful :goodvibes

And also a shout out to Dave, for giving me hope this morning on his site!

oh my, why is the week after thanksgiving not included?:guilty:

Nov. 29-Dec. 8 was included in the FD pin codes, does that mean those dates are all booked up and no need for free dining or what?:rolleyes:

i got a pin code for FD for NOv.29, im all set but got extended family also going and they were waiting/hoping it will be open when it goes public but its not! OMG, what do i do now :confused3

You can book up to three rooms with your pin code if they are staying at the same resort for the same dates that might help. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter