Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before this hits 250 and the group dissolves....what do you all think of touring plans and the lines app associated w/it? Is it worth it to pay the $11.95 yearly fee, or is free stuff good enough?

We love the lines app! We even pay the yearly fee for years we don't go to Disney. The chat feature make us feel like we are in Disney when we are not. :)

When was the castle dream lights???!!!!

Last year the first night for the lights was November 8th, and the first Christmas party was November 9th. Looks like this year the first Christmas Party is November 8th. Not sure if they will turn them on a day earlier again?

Lol...totally understand. Maybe start showing him ala carte prices and how fast they add up. In past years I have used my Disney Visa Rewards to pay for the CD.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Each pic on a ride is like 20-30 dollars, so basically your paying for 5 ride / character pics upfront, and getting all the other shots free. We got like 10 different shots from SPM and SPM alone , never mind Everest...

Magic shots are worth the price alone, be sure to ask for them!

I ditto bringing a small point and shoot! I'm a photographer for a living and left my camera and lenses at home! Talk about torture for this Type A! DH and I both had point and shoots and those were great to capture moments where the PP people weren't! Like my son's first taste of a Dole Whip! ;) My PP cd is my favorite souvenir!

No, I haven't tried longer than needed! :):) but I will. So crazy!

I know you probably have your heart set on POR but CSR has availability for your dates and it's still a great resort, plus it is more centrally located. That was my second choice after POR especially since I try to be at the hotel just to sleep. We did AKL last year with club level so we had a room looking over one of the savannah's and we were almost never at the hotel.

Does it show anywhere online that you have a magical express ressie? I know they are going to send me something snail mail but I wasn't sure if it would show online or if I would get an email.

Also does anyone know how long it usually take to get the tags in the mail?

I register for ME online and had an email confirmation within minutes after doing so.

For past trips, we have usually gotten our tags about three weeks before we left. We haven't flown in a while, so that may have changed. I did read a few weeks ago that someone going in December had already received her ME tags.

This totally worked for me! We are trying to go Nov 14-23, originally booked 14-22. Won't let me do it adding the 23. When I move out to the 26th, there is availability!
I emailed my travel agent about this. Will be interesting to see what she says.

I hope she can work with it to get you your dates. That's so nuts how the system is setup.

I register for ME online and had an email confirmation within minutes after doing so.

For past trips, we have usually gotten our tags about three weeks before we left. We haven't flown in a while, so that may have changed. I did read a few weeks ago that someone going in December had already received her ME tags.

I had to do it by phone because for some reason every time I try to go to the ME online site it just redirects me to the Disney Homepage. Worked everyday for me for like 2 weeks and then on Thursday when the system was going nuts it stopped working. :sad: I haven't received any type of confirmation but I plan on calling at least a month before we leave to make sure it's all set, if I haven't received my tags by then.

I hope she can work with it to get you your dates. That's so nuts how the system is setup.

Of course, she probably won't get to it until Monday (Not that I'm complaining. I don't like working weekends either!) and by then who knows if it will still be available. I know I could book it and transfer the reservation to her, but we aren't 100% sure we want to extend yet. Well, I WANT to, but it's still another $200, and then I only have one day to recover from the trip before I have to go back to work. And I haven't booked flights yet so not sure what flying home on a different day would do to fares.

Of course, she probably won't get to it until Monday (Not that I'm complaining. I don't like working weekends either!) and by then who knows if it will still be available. I know I could book it and transfer the reservation to her, but we aren't 100% sure we want to extend yet. Well, I WANT to, but it's still another $200, and then I only have one day to recover from the trip before I have to go back to work. And I haven't booked flights yet so not sure what flying home on a different day would do to fares.

Well another poster said they booked the extra days then called immediately and the CM was able to remove them without losing any FD days. That's second hand news though so I can't confirm it will work, but worth a try.

Wow I guess my CM did know her stuff. Just got a confirmation e-mail with the entire breakdown of my package, including ME, FD, Resort, Park Passes and all the discount's that come with the package like the free refillable mugs and spa discounts and so on.

What dates did you actually end up with at POR? I just managed to snag Nov 17-21. Now I just need to add two nights on the beginning and 1 or 2 nights on the end.
Thanks to the person that suggested trying 5 nights. That worked after 3 days of beating my head against the wall..

It is just that there is availability for weeknights, not necessarily any 5 nights. I had first snagged the 17- 21st also. I eventually got the 15th-24th.

Oops, spoke too soon. I still show 2 7 day passes but my refund amount was correct. You think I might get a free 7 day pass? LOL

The same is happening to my cancelled reservation. I don't see the details under hotel reservations on MDE but the tickets are still there under the tickets & passes section...should I be worried or is it probably just a system glitch?

Tonight I realized that I still hadn't gotten an e-mail confirmation for my change, PLUS my new resort was showing up in MDE but "free dining" wasn't. I called Disney again.

It turns out that the person I talked to Thursday morning, who had a heavy accent, apparently had just as much trouble understanding me as I did understanding her. My e-mail address has my name, Rivka, in it. She entered it as liveka. Okay, I know that "live" and "riv-" rhyme, but I spelled it for her!

The CM I talked to tonight was super nice. She is re-sending my confirmation, and she assured me that even if I can't see it in MDE I definitely have free dining. Hope that's reassuring to other people who aren't seeing it show up in MDE!

LouFapp said:
I had that happen last year. The camcorder is 80 gigs so no issues with running out of space, but the battery was dead in 4 hours, so this year I have 3 backup batteries just to make sure. I just hate lugging the bag around but oh well. I just do what the wife say's and smile.

My actual video camera is smaller than my cell phone so I just stick it in my pocket. And ill throw an extra battery in my bag I carry around the parks. But good boy....you do what makes her happy ;)

LouFapp said:
Oh and if your using an android powered phone or an iphone get a battery saving app, they help alot by turning things off when the phone is asleep. I use Easy Battery Saver on my android.

I have a galaxy s3....ill have to try that. The battery life is horrible on these.

xipotec said:
So long as all the rum does not dissolve....
Could go for one of those Ohana pineapple drinks right now. Makes me feel like Gilligan!

That sounds good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter