• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all these technical issues, I've got to think they'll release Disney Visa next time, it seems that's what bogged down the system so badly. I think if DV people could have booked earlier today wouldn't have been so INSANE.

That was my exact thought too about the DV!

Meeee!!!! I am not getting up before 11am tomorrow. The kids are on their own for breakfast. :rotfl:

LOL....yep. Glad I bought that giant box of Costco waffles, that and some fruit and they will allow me to walk around in my zombie like stuper for hours :faint:

I've been trying to get through all day off and on. . .the one time i actually got through was to hear that the system was down and I needed to call back later. I have existing reservations at POR in a royal room, but I've been online and found availability at CSR. If I decided to book online, how do I cancel my existing reservation? I've only put $200 down. . .will that automatically be refunded to my debit account?

They will refund it to the account you used to make the reservation, if that was your debit account then yes, that will be refunded :). As long as it's outside that 45 day window and you didn't pay insurance (that isn't refundable).

In case anyone needs these dates, POR is available for families of 5 in the Garden view room Oct 26-Nov1! :goodvibes

Is anyones else free dinning portion of the booking not showing up yet on My reservations ??

Yes, me too. It shows the change of hotel and the tickets, but no free dining. I haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail, either - if I don't by tomorrow morning, I suppose I will jump back into the phone queue.

Anyone still trying? I keep trying to book online...just got this message...

Special Offer Not Available
Sorry, the special offer you‘re looking for is not available. The last valid offer date may have passed, or the URL may contain errors. Please check your spelling. Or you can see other special offers.

Yikes!

I did this after talking to a the NICEST CM for about 45 minutes who tried out every single option imaginable for me, did not rush me off the phone, and even listened to my daughter tell a story! :thumbsup2 Then he tried to get POR for me again at the end of the call. I think he would have stayed on the phone til the end of his shift!

I've been trying to get through all day off and on. . .the one time i actually got through was to hear that the system was down and I needed to call back later. I have existing reservations at POR in a royal room, but I've been online and found availability at CSR. If I decided to book online, how do I cancel my existing reservation? I've only put $200 down. . .will that automatically be refunded to my debit account?

As someone said if you're more than 45 days out everything can be cancelled no problem, however, if you're within your 45 day window things get messy and it's probably best to google all of the details as they refund you get varies depending on how far out you are (although I guess you can't be closer than a few weeks away and I think it's a 200 charge up until a closer amount of time to your trip)

It would be refunded to your card OR if you choose you could have that $200 applied towards your new reservation. I booked a new reservation online last night and put the $200 down, to ensure that I got what I wanted and it was held. I called today and they are transferring everything I've paid on my original reservation to my new reservation and then once all of the money has been transferred they're going to cancel my initial reservation.

Meeee!!!! I am not getting up before 11am tomorrow. The kids are on their own for breakfast. :rotfl:

I like the way you think :) I wish my 4 year old was just a little more independent. Maybe I'll get my 6 year old to get his cereal! I just need to leave everything with reach -lol!

After 2 hours I got what i needed hooray!!
All our families for free dinning, plus an extra night for the night before free dinning starts.
Although we couldnt get 30% discount at the Beach Club, we managed to pay an additional $320 and we changed resorts to the Polynesian Hotel - honeymoon suite and conceirge service! so we are really happy about that, as we originally wanted to stay there! ohh so happy!! IT will be perfect for our honeymoon!

I am not going to enjoy getting my phone bill though, on my mobile from Australia ohh nooo!!

I hope everyone gets on today and gets their little magic !!
:flower3::wizard:

Excuse me guys....is something happening today? Haha just kidding.

Hope everyone's stress levels are starting to finally drop. It's been a long week.

Hahaha.
Nope, still trying here, although I do not feel anxious....I'm just stubborn and don't want to give up til I get what I want, well need, in this case. If I have to call every day until Sept 15th, I will. :) No worries.
Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.....

OMGoodness. I'm so excited. My wonderful CM Fleming was able to switch our resort and dates. :love1: :banana::banana:

Pixie dust to everyone that hasn't gotten through yet.

We booked at POP preferred for Nov. 16-23.

That's what I'm thinking too! I'm going Oct 19-26 and was thinking it would be somewhat slow. I know Disney World is never 'slow' but slower.

I tried to book those dates as well & couldn't figure out why there has been no availability for a few weeks trying to book those dates.
Then, I heard someone say there is a huge Garnier (sp?) convention that week!

Well....just called to upgrade resorts since I think the limited mod availability is going to make them über crowded.....for $9k MORe, I can upgrade to a 2 BR suite at CR, with a castle view......and nothing at Poly!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes, me too. It shows the change of hotel and the tickets, but no free dining. I haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail, either - if I don't by tomorrow morning, I suppose I will jump back into the phone queue.

Does it show any dining plan. I only ask because we are booked at POP but we upgraded to DP and it only says MYW package with dining. If we had stayed with just the QSDP it would've said MYW package with free dining. Also if its any consolation I booked at 9am this morning and still have not received an email confirmation. Maybe the system is just really slow due to everything and we will receive it tomorrow. :)

Anyone still trying? I keep trying to book online...just got this message...

Special Offer Not Available
Sorry, the special offer you‘re looking for is not available. The last valid offer date may have passed, or the URL may contain errors. Please check your spelling. Or you can see other special offers.

Yikes!

I did this after talking to a the NICEST CM for about 45 minutes who tried out every single option imaginable for me, did not rush me off the phone, and even listened to my daughter tell a story! :thumbsup2 Then he tried to get POR for me again at the end of the call. I think he would have stayed on the phone til the end of his shift!

I really REALLY hope you get some pixie dust!!!pixiedust: I keep coming back to check & see how you made out ~~~ Hoping something opens up! When are you trying to book for? Maybe with everyone switching their dates around & cancelling rooms ~ Hopefully it'll open something up!! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter