Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've been on hold for 45 mins on my cell and 19 mins on the house phone. Have no idea what my long distance charges are on my cell and I'm scared. My DH wants me to hang up the cell and stay on the house phone but way to scared to do it. So far POP is still available for my week of Nov 17-23 but that can change. Soooo don't know what to do.

Cell phones don't have long distance charges unless you're in another country.....do they? I've never had a cell phone that charged long distance.....as long as it was within my allotted minutes, it was all the same.

Done. :cool1:

Upgraded from POR to WL. No standard rooms available for our dates.

1 room (woods view) - 11/1 through 11/10 with 30% off
1 room (woods view) - 11/1 through 11/7 with FD

CM was great. He said system is running so slowly that his 'guest services coordinator' (i'm guessing that's the supervisor?) was going to have him ask me to call back later, but he managed to get both of our upgrades through. It took close to 40 minutes with how slow everything was moving.

There are now 1220 people in the queue. He said on Monday, with the rumored DV discount, the most they had in the queue was a few hundred.

While we were waiting for everything to update, we got to talking about the DIS Boards. I told him that a FD frenzy had built up over the past week, and he chuckled and mentioned how each day this week, folks were calling in at 7 am to test the waters and see if anything had dropped. He also said that from what he's seen so far this morning, it looks like there is very limited availability in certain resorts/room categories. Excellent CM.

Good luck to those still trying - be patient! I hope you all get what you're looking for this morning :goodvibes

Now I'm off to change my signature! Woo Hoo!

:yay:

Thanks to meticulously reading this board and all the great info everyone shares I just added FD to our trip this Oct at the Poly!!!! Saved us at least $1300 if not more. w00t!!

My amazing TA jut emailed. A switch from ASMo to POP w free dining and a savings of 1037.07!!! Not bad!!! (2 adults, 5 kids aged 13,12,11,8,5!)

For those of you on hold/ wondering about the calls that start off with 'technical difficulties' someone does answer eventually!

My original reservation was for ASMo and I was able to change to POP without any issues!!!

I have current reservations that are within the 45 day window so I have to modify my reservation on the phone. If I wasn't within my 45 day window I'd just book online and cancel first package later today. I just don't want to pay a cancellation fee.

OK, so can someone answer me this. I am outside of the 45 day window does that mean that I can book online and then call and cancel my current ressie without a cancellation fee? If so, what happens to the $200 deposit I first put down when I booked my original ressie? I was originally booked at POR but they have nothing available for my dates with fd. If I could book online then get my original deposit back, I think I would get off of hold. I've been on now for 1 hour

woohooo! All booked!

Booked online and it took 15 minutes. Work connection is slow. Anyway, we are all set for Pop for 10/22 to 10/29! I upgraded to regular DDP for extra, but it will be worth it. I am so excited! :cheer2:

It will be DD's second trip. She will be 3.5 at time of travel. DS will be almost 2 and his first trip. His mind is going to be blown.

I submitted my reservation online 5 mins ago. Still trying to repeat the request. This is ridiculous.

OK, so can someone answer me this. I am outside of the 45 day window does that mean that I can book online and then call and cancel my current ressie without a cancellation fee? If so, what happens to the $200 deposit I first put down when I booked my original ressie? I was originally booked at POR but they have nothing available for my dates with fd. If I could book online then get my original deposit back, I think I would get off of hold. I've been on now for 1 hour

You would get a full refund. Good luck!

Finally got through. Got my room only discount for the LK Suite at AOA and saved $200. :banana::banana:

It is not as good as free dining but that is $200 more we have to spend at the parks and I will take it.

Good luck everyone. I was on hold for just about an hour before I got through.

Cell phones don't have long distance charges unless you're in another country.....do they? I've never had a cell phone that charged long distance.....as long as it was within my allotted minutes, it was all the same.

I'm in Canada and there is unfortunately. My DH made the choice for me and took my cell and hung up on there. grrr. Now I've been on hold on the house phone for only 28 mins and am so upset cause now I'm further down the line. :furious:

I just want to say I was on earlier looking to book for a client at POR in november. There were slim pickings as far as room types (only Royal rooms and King rooms). Now I went back in and checked again and there's a WHOLE BUNCH of rooms coming up - standard, pool view, preferred, etc.
So obviously they have or are adding rooms. Wonder if they'll be adding more rooms to dates that have come up full??

After being on hold on hour, I was let down. No FD availability for POR Oct 19-26. And the RO discount wasn't enough for me to switch out of my preferred location. Ugh.

Done. :cool1:

There are now 1220 people in the queue. He said on Monday, with the rumored DV discount, the most they had in the queue was a few hundred.

Wonder how many CM's they called in for overtime to handle this call volume?

You would get your deposit back in full, but it might take a couple of weeks to show up on your credit card statement.

I have been on hold for 30 mins.

If I go and book a room only online, when is the balance due? The day of check in or is it 45 days before???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter