• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got through. No POR for our dates so we'll stay at CSR ~ there was a Royal Guest Room when I first checked this morning and I should have snagged it then but I wanted to check other resorts. When I came back it was gone. Oh well, I've got over 3 months to fall in love with CSR ~ at least I'm going to Disney on FREE DINING!!!!

Looks like the Dis Meet is still on, that's where I'm at too

Wait wasn't too bad (about 16 minutes...called right at 7am). Got Pop Oct.19-26th yay FD!!! :cool1:
Had CM River, she was excellent & very fast/efficient!
Good luck everyone!! Hope every wish is granted & everyone gets what they want!!

I got through after 45 minutes and the CM told me that they have been having trouble adding the discount to the existing reservations. She tried and said it wasn't working and when she puts in the code, it wants to change the room type. She told me that they are working on the issue and call back around 11am. Ugh!!

Best of luck to everyone dialing.

We struck out on two fronts- we're only staying 5 nights so not eligible for FD and our hotel (Contemporary) is excluded from the RO discount.
Maybe next time....

I called first thing this morning and was able to get through right away, but they could not locate my reservation. After being on hold 20 minutes I was told to call back :( I am considering booking two new rooms online and canceling my existing reservation. If I do that, will anything happen to the dining reservations I have that are currently linked to my existing reservation?

52 mins plus for me.

I'm on 3 phones. On my first attempt, I got the prompt that asked me to type in my res #. I was too confuzzled at that early hour to figure out how to do it so I panicked and hung up. Biggest mistake of my life................

I probably should have just booked online when it went live at 12am and cancelled my res this morning. Ugh.

OK, I am getting frustrated waiting, but the Pirates music and the second cup of coffee are making me happy.

No free dining for POR nov 11-16 and only a 5% discount on room only. We kept our already booked package. It was cheaper than the discount since we would have to pay the ticket price increase. Oh well, getting target gift cards and paying OOP for food.

On hold here 53 minutes and counting. I can get right through the steps online and it's showing our top resort available. If I book online, do I lose my ADR's or can they be transferrred to my new reservation? I am nervous to book a new one not knowing for sure.

Disney's system lets me make new reservations online, but I cannot modify existing reservations online. I have to do it over the phone, same as you. I do as many online as I can, but in certain situations, my clients are better off if I modify their existing reservation rather than create new ones, so I'm in the phone queue. There is a special TA-only phone number, but I honestly think it's answered by the same group of people answering the general phone calls.

I am hoping I will not be on hold for 2-3 hours. I have to go to my other job in 2 hours! :)

I am a Disney TA too and our calls go to CM's that just deal with Travel Agents. Some of my fellow agents and I were able to tour the Disney Reservation Center last year and we got to meet some of the CM's that we talk to! It was very cool.

There are actually CM's that specialize in all sorts of guests. That is why they ask questions in the automated system so your call is sent to the right CM. There are CM's for first timers, guests who go every now and then and for the guests who travel frequently. Very cool!

princessfoundherfrog said:
I called first thing this morning and was able to get through right away, but they could not locate my reservation. After being on hold 20 minutes I was told to call back :( I am considering booking two new rooms online and canceling my existing reservation. If I do that, will anything happen to the dining reservations I have that are currently linked to my existing reservation?

No, dining reservations are separate to resort reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter