Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm blown away at all y'all that have TAs that haven't even touched based. I contacted ALL my clients that fell within that time frame and gave them a "heads up" that it was a possibility. I will be on hold for Disney I'm sure for hours tomorrow..all with a smile on my face! If you aren't getting the same service, find yourself another TA. Those ones give us ALL a bad name. My family is going on a free pin in Dec (1st week that was suppose to be slow but now seems like it's going to be CRAZY busy :/) but I hope that y'all are clouded in Pixie Dust tomorrow :goodvibes

I couldn't agree more. Heck, I make sure to give the heads up to any friends or neighbors or family that are planning a trip when I see a discount coming out. If I can do it for nothing, then the person who is getting PAID to do it for you should darn well be returning phone calls. It sucks for people like you, who do what they are supposed to do and still get a bad name from these absent agents.:headache:

I'm blown away at all y'all that have TAs that haven't even touched based. I contacted ALL my clients that fell within that time frame and gave them a "heads up" that it was a possibility. I will be on hold for Disney I'm sure for hours tomorrow..all with a smile on my face! If you aren't getting the same service, find yourself another TA. Those ones give us ALL a bad name. My family is going on a free pin in Dec (1st week that was suppose to be slow but now seems like it's going to be CRAZY busy :/) but I hope that y'all are clouded in Pixie Dust tomorrow

Actually, travel agents can get in trouble if they release any information prior to any official release. They've all signed a confidentiality agreement. Not really worth the risk, especially with something that hasn't been "officially" announced.

Nervous here!! We are a family of 5, and basically have to stay in POR - deluxes or even 2 value rooms would be out of our budget. With POFQ and the others being excluded I'm very worried that POR will not be available! Eeeek!! I have a WONDERFUL TA who I know is right on top of things- but there's still that nervous anticipation! Can it be tomorrow already!!?

I'm in the same boat as you being a family of 5, on a budget, and unable to do value resorts due to my sons sensory issues. ..here's hoping there are enough rooms for us all!

Is there any chance they'll release the online deals at midnight or anything? That Christmas present special offers link is making my mouth water to see the deals listed online. Is that new or am I imagining it? Anyone else seeing it?

Won't do much for many of us though that are having to move current reservations or modify resort choices, book 2 rooms under one reservation...etc. I think someone said earlier that it usually doesn't hit the online system until later in the morning?

Baaaahaaaa! Some CMs just won't give it up will they.....Even their last call of the night.. I could probably never keep a WDW CM position because I would be letting everyone know everything I did..:lmao::lmao:

Yeah, I think he's shooting for the CM of the Month certificate for "plays by the rules".

Actually, travel agents can get in trouble if they release any information prior to any official release. They've all signed a confidentiality agreement. Not really worth the risk, especially with something that hasn't been "officially" announced.

Yeah but one poor lady said she's emailed 4 times in 2 weeks with no reply- even if they can't officially confirm the FD the TA should at least return her emails! I would be crawling out of my skin haha! I just emailed my TA because I'm crazy and she replied within 10 minutes lol!

Trust me if I could change my TA i would, but we're already paid...so really nothing for her to do...I did my own ADR's
I did my own ADR's too. She said she would do them, but wouldn't be in the office until 9 so if I really wanted something I should do it myself! OK, then! I am not among the lucky ones who will have a TA on the phone first thing in the morning. I may get her on the phone by 8am central time.
So I will sit her and watch everyone(hopefully) book free dining, and then pray that something will come my way! If I don't get a discount I am thinking of renting points(my parents are going too, we have 2 rooms now, splitting point rental in a 2 br won't be much difference.) Anyway, I am bitter. I would love to be a Disney TA, but I don't have the mula to go on the amount of visits the reputable companies require their agents to have:(

Mine didn't relate any more info than this thread or the CM's have already been releasing: that something should be coming toward the end of the week. I was keeping an eye on that because I don't know that I would trust a TA who said they had the official info, because then I'd think they were doing that just to drum up business.

I thought that poster said she was dropping the dining plan to pay OOP. Maybe I read it wrong. I'll go back and check.

ETA: She was going to drop the plan, so she should be charged in that case, right?

I thought she was just switching from one to another...I must have read it wrong. :thumbsup2 Maybe she would get lucky and they still won't charge her ahead? Who knows with all the craziness :)

Ok fellow crazies, I'm off to bed to TRY and get some sleep. See you all bright and early! Good luck everyone!

Here's wishing us all pixiedust to get fd or ro on our dates tomorrow so we can enjoy WDW even more when we're there. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Is there any chance they'll release the online deals at midnight or anything? That Christmas present special offers link is making my mouth water to see the deals listed online. Is that new or am I imagining it? Anyone else seeing it?

No reason for me to stay up until midnight and watch for the deals page to roll over to the new deals, right?

I just made my husband pretend to call Disney and threw him for every loop I could think of in prep for tomorrow's call! He thinks I'm crazy, but he knows what to say! Hope everyone gets happy news in the morning!!

I imagine you saying that like Squirt. 'Good afternoon. We're gonna have a great jump today (tomorrow). Okay, first crank a hard cutback as you hit the wall. There's a screaming bottom curve, so watch out. Remember: rip it, roll it, and punch it.'

THIS is brilliant! :lmao:

Geez, I said I was off to bed, but I can't stop scrolling through this thread!! :badpc:

My TA tells me NOTHING!! I won't be going through them, or at least her, anymore:confused:

I love my TA. She hasn't helped 'teach' me anything I didn't already know, but she's been very helpful, and does all of the reservations for me. I'm also getting a $50 Disney gift card from her as well. She also paid the $75 insurance fee for me because we had some issues that resulted in having to rebook.

I'd go with her again any time I go.

I just made my husband pretend to call Disney and threw him for every loop I could think of in prep for tomorrow's call! He thinks I'm crazy, but he knows what to say! Hope everyone gets happy news in the morning!!

AUGH! Are there LOOPS I'm supposed to be prepared for?? Do you mean just resort and room availability, or are there other things I'm supposed to know/say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter