• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I GOT THE EMAIL!! I. GOT. THE. EMAIL!!

Yay for confirmation!!! Whew!!!!! I feel like I can now breathe!!

I'm now going to go be a puddle of goo the rest of the day. Whew!!

(and the one mistakenly asking about pot availability made my morning! Thank you!!)

Whew. Good luck to those of you who haven't gotten what you wanted yet. Hang in there!!!!

Now, I'm off to do a survey for the wonderful Melissa!! Yay!

106 minutes later... I am finally booked at Coronado Springs! Would have preferred POR but, no discount available on my existing reservation. I saved $737.64 with free dining! Now to research Coronado Springs as I have not looked into this hotel before. Any feedback?

Same here. Now have CS bc there was no POR. Ive not been to CS since 1999, so I'm a little nervous. HOw does everyone like CS?

It seems a better option to book online then cancel your original reservation then to wait on hold for hours. Unfortunately, my clients are all booked at AOA and are pretty upset that they are excluded as they are a family of 5. We are thinking of moving them to 2 rooms at Pop. Still a bummer though. Oh well, they will have a great time either way.

Yep and walking over to AOA is easy from POP. We moved from AOA to POP.....would have been our first stay at AOA but we love POP so we'll be fine.

Our travel agent has been on hold for 2 hours and counting! She's been texting with us since 6:30am to confirm our change from POFQ to free dining at Coronado Springs. Praying that she will get through soon before I lose my mind!!!:crazy:

I think all of us family of 5ers need to form a support group.

Same here. Now have CS bc there was no POR. Ive not been to CS since 1999, so I'm a little nervous. HOw does everyone like CS?

I stayed there a few years ago and it was nice. It was after the refurb.

So after a total of 2:10 minutes on the phone, I was told to call back later. My very very nice CM tried for almost a half hour to get into the system and he couldn't. He sounded more frustrated than me. He apologized about 10 times and said he wrote my ressie number down and is going to check later to see if I was able to get FD.

So I think I'm going to just book online and then call back later and cancel my reservation.

I broke down and booked online. When I tried to adjust my dates all the poly had left was CL lagoon view so I got nervous and booked. Still trying to see what my package amount will be if I change so on hold STILL.

So after a total of 2:10 minutes on the phone, I was told to call back later. My very very nice CM tried for almost a half hour to get into the system and he couldn't. He sounded more frustrated than me. He apologized about 10 times and said he wrote my ressie number down and is going to check later to see if I was able to get FD.

So I think I'm going to just book online and then call back later and cancel my reservation.

Wow, that's cruddy :(. I'd definitely book online so you don't miss out on availability and then just call back later to cancel your first reservation.

Ok Im officially set! Nov 11 thru 18, Pop standard, upgrade to DDP. I was able to extend vaca by 1 day, do 6 day tickets instead of 4, and save $355. Not too shabby!!! Thanks Black!!!! WDW here we come!!!!:moped:

I don't believe Disney will let you do that. My youngest will be 3 at time of travel and the CM told me I had to book a room for 5. Had she still been 2 at the time of travel, then we could have booked room for 4. :(

I wasn't really going to mention I had the 3yr old if I booked online. That is why I'm trying to get the one with the bunker. I was told the other day that if it was available, I could go that route.

FYI, just now finally got my confirmation reservation email from calling and getting the FD! Was starting to get worried :goodvibes So if you haven't gotten yours yet, it's coming :)

I also got disconnected from the survey.

My husband called right when the phone lines opened this morning & was on hold almost 1 & 1/2 hours.Believe me, he can tell you the exact amount of minutes he was on hold!

We were able to modify our existing reservation. We had a 30% bounceback before but still saved over $200+ with the FD offer.

We are at CSR, King water view room, 6 day w/park hoppers, Dec 15-Dec 21.

Good luck everybody.

FYI, just now finally got my confirmation reservation email from calling and getting the FD! Was starting to get worried :goodvibes So if you haven't gotten yours yet, it's coming :)

I also got disconnected from the survey.

This too for me!

My confirmation email took about 45 minutes. And I got disconnected before I could complete the survey about my awesome CM - Andrew - this morning.

Was on hold for 90 mintes, then got a very unknowledgeable reservation staff, who told me that my room was not covered. She offered me a 20% room discount at POR, but even then, the numbers didn't add up... I asked to speak with someone else and she told me that wasn't possible. I insisted, and she transferred me to dining reservations. I was so mad! Fortunately, they transferred me back and I got a wonderful woman who told me I should be all set and is working it all out for me now. We already had a royal room reservation and just wanted the free dining... Wish me luck! Thinking of everyone hoping for some magical pixie dust today! Hang in there! pixiedust:

After 1 hour 45 minutes, finally got cm. she was able to get me music for nov 14 for 5 nights!! yay! But my balance due went up $200. When I priced it online it was the same price as I had before fd. I'm thinking she did something wrong.

This innitially happened to me too. The CM ended up changing our park tix to the No-Expire. Once I questioned the savings being so little she found it and changed it back. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter