• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you order Photopass+ through your resort package, they will not mail it to you. They also charge about $8 in tax on it when you do it that way, too. They should have your stuff at the check in desk when you arrive.

When you order Photopass+ through your resort package, they will not mail it to you. They also charge about $8 in tax on it when you do it that way, too. They should have your stuff at the check in desk when you arrive.

Oh, no!!! Did Disney CM give me some wrong info again??? I should say, I am not shocked!:rotfl2:

Oh, no!!! Did Disney CM give me some wrong info again??? I should say, I am not shocked!:rotfl2:

There may be something in your booklet, possibly the voucher, but as far as I know, you won't get the Gallery CD until you arrive. I'll dig around and see if anything recently changed. :goodvibes

ack! I just thought of something I could/should be doing now that I'm not worrying about MB or FP+ anymore, since I'm staying at WL. I need to make some mousekeeping/lodgekeeping envelopes!!!

I'll ask Smitch, since she is the Queen of All Knowledge :worship: ...... is there a thread with links to templates to mousekeeping/lodgekeeping (i've been told that at WL, they are lodgekeepers, not mousekeepers) envelopes?

As always, my sincere thanks in advance!! :thanks:

Yes, that was my concern as well. There are two prongs that snap in two holes and I can see how it could get caught on something and snap off.

One interesting thing is that they are two sized. The outer grey area is for bigger sizes and the colored area can snap apart from the grey making a child sized band.

I'm thinking twist ties or o rings may be the way to go, because if there is a way to lose it I will lose it. I'm hoping to give it just a little extra security.

I went to online check in and my ability to customize the bands popped up before I even checked in.

I'm working on fastpass times right now.

:surfweb:

HBGdancermom said:
Speaking of.....baaaaaaa.... They say you can link photo pass + to the MB but how do you do that? I ordered mine through my package and haven't received a number or anything yet? Thanks oh Disney wise ones.

Smitch will know but this doesn't make sense to me because you don't get your card with the numbers on it until you arrive so there is no way to know your number until you arrive. You take the voucher off of the cd case and bring that to one if those locations, then they give you a card....maybe you can do it when you get the card?

ack! I just thought of something I could/should be doing now that I'm not worrying about MB or FP+ anymore, since I'm staying at WL. I need to make some mousekeeping/lodgekeeping envelopes!!!

I'll ask Smitch, since she is the Queen of All Knowledge :worship: ...... is there a thread with links to templates to mousekeeping/lodgekeeping (i've been told that at WL, they are lodgekeepers, not mousekeepers) envelopes?

As always, my sincere thanks in advance!! :thanks:

I just finished mine. Here's the templates I used:

http://wdwprepschool.com/printable-customizable-and-cute-mousekeeping-money-envelopes/

I edited my stroller tag, so I believe you can edit Mousekeeping to say Lodgekeeping. : )

Just finished making Mousekeeping envelopes (and a stroller tag). WDWprepschool has some REALLY cute templates! I printed mine on photo paper and they look shiny and pretty...lol:upsidedow
Here's the link:

http://wdwprepschool.com/printable-customizable-and-cute-mousekeeping-money-envelopes/

Those are really cute!! Do you just put them out in the morning? Do you tip others at the resort as well?:)

Smitch will know but this doesn't make sense to me because you don't get your card with the numbers on it until you arrive so there is no way to know your number until you arrive. You take the voucher off of the cd case and bring that to one if those locations, then they give you a card....maybe you can do it when you get the card?

That's what I was thinking as well. I will be so excited to get that package of stuff in the mail!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Unfortunately, I don't know, but I am trying to find out. Everything I remember reading was that "eventually" they "might" be linked somehow. I don't think it is in use yet, and even "linking" may just mean that you could put the number in MDE so you can access your photos if you lose a card. I don't see them scanning your band at every photo OP. I think it will still be done via Photopass card for a long, long time.

And an update to Pluto, everything I read states that your voucher for PP+ will come in your booklet, and you will get the Gallery CD on site. Make sure you get the Gallery CD because the code to order the Photopass CD is inside.

Ok so I've done my customizing
(pink for mom and blue for me, though I was really tempted by the Disboardish green).

I also set up FP+ times. I just kinda went for times that fit into my semi sorta plan for the days. This is the part I'm thinking will turn me off of being a FP+ fan. I like making plans but I prefer flexability to scout out the park and see if I prefer standby for a ride while I have a FP for another.

I also made up my mind on wheterh or not to hop parks (I am a big fan of PH's). I held off on my park hoppers until I knew if we got FP+.

Doing the MB/FP+ has pretty much cemented my thoughts that hoppers are pretty useless for me on this trip. My initial though was that I would hit a park first thing in the mornings then go to the parks where I had ADR's (or Epcot for F&W) with maybe a different one at night. But with a short trip (only 3 park days) and F&W and the non ability to FP in any park but one. I'm just not going to spend the extra money.

We'll do HS on Sunday (Fantasmic package) then Epcot for sure on Mon then probably Epcot again on Tuesday.

My Jan trip is also a short trip and I think I'll be skipping the park hoppers there as well if we have to FB.

I also made up my mind on whether or not to hop parks (I am a big fan of PH's). I held off on my park hoppers until I knew if we got FP+.

Doing the MB/FP+ has pretty much cemented my thoughts that hoppers are pretty useless for me on this trip. My initial though was that I would hit a park first thing in the mornings then go to the parks where I had ADR's (or Epcot for F&W) with maybe a different one at night. But with a short trip (only 3 park days) and F&W and the non ability to FP in any park but one. I'm just not going to spend the extra money.
My Jan trip is also a short trip and I think I'll be skipping the park hoppers there as well if we have to FB.

We usually get the park hopper tickets, but don't do a lot of hopping because you lose so much park time in traveling back & forth. Is nice to have it, though, so you can go back & ride/see some attractions that you missed in a particular park - or when 1 park closes early (like AK), you can hop to another park for the evening hours. Unfortunately, with PH, it's all-or-nothing; you can't have single park tickets for some days & PHs for the others unless you purchase 2 sets of tickets & lose the multi-day discount. Just thought of this - you might come out ahead like that if the additional cost of PH is more than the multi-day discount you'd lose if you bought 2 sets of tickets. Hmm - may have to do a little number crunching there .. for next trip.

Disney said my photopass+ would come with the rest of my final Disney documents!!:thumbsup2

You will have to show pics when you get these wonderful creations finished!princess: Unless you are like me and can't figure out how to upload pics to here...:rotfl:

Thank you for the compliment. I don't know how "wonderful" they'll be, but I hope they turn out at least reasonably presentable. I don't know how to post pics here either [yet] - but I'll try to find out so I can do that. Any help on how to upload/post pics here would be appreciated! (HINT!)

Random question for our totally off topic random thread which survives well past the initial intent.

1. Are MVMCP tix refundable?

2. Do they offer Dessert Party on MVMCP nights? What if it rains?

3. Do you think magic bands might be uncomfortable.? Any alternatives to wearing it on the wrist?

4. Are you excited about your upcoming trip? :)

Does anyone know if there are 2 Disney web pages to sign into? I was on one yesterday that gave way more information about my trip but I can't find it now. It's very annoying.

xipotec said:
Random question for our totally off topic random thread which survives well past the initial intent.

1. Are MVMCP tix refundable?

2. Do they offer Dessert Party on MVMCP nights? What if it rains?

3. Do you think magic bands might be uncomfortable.? Any alternatives to wearing it on the wrist?

4. Are you excited about your upcoming trip? :)

Lol!

1. Pretty sure they are not but I've been wrong plenty.

2. No clue but got turned off by this d/t all the people standing up to see fireworks. Thought it would be worth it for leisure but to have to fight for a spot inside party makes my mind up bout that.

3. Some people say they are. If they are, don't see why you couldn't just keep em in a back pack with ur phone.

4. YES!! Niv

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter