Free Dining MYW Package Dates Changed!

I am so glad I went ahead and booked us for Feb 3rd last week! That date is now gone for free dining. Phew!

Thank you OP for this info. My original (ok not my real original, I belong in the changing resort thread really) but my last reservation did not fit in the free dining dates so I thought I was okay just to take a small discount and be happy. Today I say your post and called Disney and the "free dining" is costing about $190 more than my last reservation but for 2 people to eat at Disney for three/nights, four days it is a no brainer to go that route. I feel like Pixie dust has been sprinkled on my vacation, lol. Thanks again.

Man....my travel agent knew nothing about it. I had to tell her. I hope I can still get Nov. 26th.

Aarrrgggghhh.....where is she? No answer on the phone or email. I'm going crazy! This would mean we don't have to do a split stay and try to pick up tickets early. Come on phone.....ring!

Well, I just called hoping to change my arrival to 11/26 instead of 11/27. Unfortunately POFQ didn't have a room available for the 26th :sad1:. Sure wish I had made a room-only ressie for that night when I made my original plans. Oh well. Guess I need to decide if we'll stay off-site that night, or if we'll change resorts for the entire stay.

Well, I just called hoping to change my arrival to 11/26 instead of 11/27. Unfortunately POFQ didn't have a room available for the 26th :sad1:. Sure wish I had made a room-only ressie for that night when I made my original plans. Oh well. Guess I need to decide if we'll stay off-site that night, or if we'll change resorts for the entire stay.

Just because you would have had a room only on 11/26 doesn't mean it would have been available for the FD package when you cancelled it. They are in different pots. So, don't kick yourself for that.

i just tried to switch a room only on Nov 12th at POFQ and couldn't - they wanted to switch me to POR - no thanks, just kept my reservations the same. Whatever savings I would have gotten for the food, were not worth moving resorts. The main reason I was switching was to ensure that I wouldn't have to switch rooms the next morning. Oh well.

I tried to add my room only 10/22 to my FD package starting 10/23 and NOPE. I'm disappointed:sad2: why couldn't they just release these dates from the start??

My son and I are coming in on Dec. 2 and I was so afraid I was going to loose the free dining since it now ends on Dec. 1. Just talked with Disney and they said since I'm already locked in on the reservation with free dining they can not take it away. Yipeee, doing the happy dance!!!! :cool1:

I was able to get free dining added to my reservation for Nov. 26th! Now I only have one day without. Thanks to the poster who mentioned it. I had stopped looking since the majority of my vacation was covered. Figure it just saved us another $150! :cool1:

Can someone tell me what number they called to change their reservation? I tried to add December 10 to our reservation and the CM I spoke to said that Free Dining doesn't start until December 11, so we couldn't add the 10th and have it be part of Free Dining.

Perhaps not all CMs have the new date changes? This is frustrating!

ETA: Never mind! I called back and got a more-informed CM who changed my dates for me with no problems. Woo-Hoo! One extra day of Free Dining and one less day of a room-only reservation!

I am so glad I went ahead and booked us for Feb 3rd last week! That date is now gone for free dining. Phew!

I know EXACTLY what you mean Christie. I booked for the week of March 10th-17th. A week later Disney released their free dining with my days included and my Small World travel agent added it in. Then I put down my $200 to officially book the vacation. They removed the free dining days during our stay 2 weeks later :scared1: Phew!

I too noticed this change last week and was able to apply FD to my existing ressie checking in on 10/22. I originally had a pin code but the FD was a better deal and saved me an additional $400 :cool1:

I too noticed this change last week and was able to apply FD to my existing ressie checking in on 10/22. I originally had a pin code but the FD was a better deal and saved me an additional $400 :cool1:

They took away my dates! :sad1: We just got back from a trip and were going to book for March, but they adjusted the dates, so now they are too early and we can't go...I'm so sad we didn't book earlier, but my DH wanted to wait until this trip was over to book the next one...ug...regret.

Do they ever change the dates back??

They took away my dates! :sad1: We just got back from a trip and were going to book for March, but they adjusted the dates, so now they are too early and we can't go...I'm so sad we didn't book earlier, but my DH wanted to wait until this trip was over to book the next one...ug...regret.

Do they ever change the dates back??

They might. I would still call--you never know. Someone posted last week that some of the end dates were removed from the advertising, but when they called, they were still allowed to check in that date.

You never know until you try! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter