• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining is now available

Booking online is the way to go if not modifying. I was done in 15 minutes with no site issues about 45 minutes ago !

GOOD LUCK getting through...MDE was HORRIBLE this morning with the overload internet traffic! Thank goodness, was able to book 2 ADR's in between it being overloaded..Have been trying DISNEY DINING from 7:00AM till now...all circuits busy! HORRIBLE!

SO LUCKY to have to call Disney Dining on morning when Free Dining is released!:(UUGH!:(

I got in at 5:45 Central, and modified my existing reservation, was done in 5 minutes. I did get a message that said I was changing my dates and please double check before clicking. But, everything is the same and I have the confirmation e-mail. :yay::drive:

SO LUCKY to have to call Disney Dining on morning when Free Dining is released!:(UUGH!:(
Same here. Today is my 180 days out; I've been trying MDE since 6 a.m. to make ADRs. The site shows me the available times, but just refreshes the page when I try to book one. So I've been calling off and on for the past two hours and can't get through. Arrghhh! I'm very disappointed in Disney -- it's not like they didn't know they'd get a large influx of online/phone traffic. It's very easy to ramp up for these kinds of events.

So I modified my existing reservation to add the dining plan, and my total cost went up $800. That's weird, right? The dining plan for my reservation should either be free, or over $1200. Are they just really glitchy right now? Will I get the free dining since I modified the reservation? I thought this would all be easier. I know my existing reservation qualifies for the offer...6 nights, park hopper, etc and we are staying at a deluxe resort. I have tried calling all morning to no avail.

So I modified my existing reservation to add the dining plan, and my total cost went up $800. That's weird, right?....
Were you paying rack rate prior to modifying? With the 'free' dining plan, you have to pay rack, and those are very high.

I believe I was paying the rack rate, it's something like $440 per night at wilderness lodge. Do you think I will eventually get credited once the pandemonium ebbs?

Been trying for 1 1/2 hours and cant get thru on phone and cant modify on computer either.so very frustrating>:(>:(:badpc:

I believe I was paying the rack rate, it's something like $440 per night at wilderness lodge. Do you think I will eventually get credited once the pandemonium ebbs?

I'm not sure it Disney will just credit you..........did you book yourself or via a TA? If you booked yourself..........you may want to call.........I know that sucks :scared: Hard to predict when the "pandemonium"....(Great SAT word :D) will subside.............

Best of luck!

Doug :goofy:

So I modified my existing reservation to add the dining plan, and my total cost went up $800. That's weird, right? The dining plan for my reservation should either be free, or over $1200. Are they just really glitchy right now? Will I get the free dining since I modified the reservation? I thought this would all be easier. I know my existing reservation qualifies for the offer...6 nights, park hopper, etc and we are staying at a deluxe resort. I have tried calling all morning to no avail.

I suspect that you didn't get free dining, you bought a dining plan.

I was able to book our reservations at POP with FD for November. Thank goodness for my FB group or I would have totally missed this. I was expecting today to be for Visa holders. Very excited. Good luck to everyone still trying. Pixie Dust to you.

So glad that my week in October isn't covered! We rented DVC points and wouldn't be eligible, but now maybe more dining reservations will open up!

Also wonder if everyone with park hopper passes will change the touring strategy for some days (especially the days with MNSSHP)

Same here. Today is my 180 days out; I've been trying MDE since 6 a.m. to make ADRs. The site shows me the available times, but just refreshes the page when I try to book one. So I've been calling off and on for the past two hours and can't get through. Arrghhh! I'm very disappointed in Disney -- it's not like they didn't know they'd get a large influx of online/phone traffic. It's very easy to ramp up for these kinds of events.

We were in the same situation. Today was 180 days out for us (October 24th). So I woke up at 4:50 AM Central to make reservations, about an hour earlier than a normal workday. The website was not letting me make any reservations even at that hour. The available times would show, but the site just refreshed upon trying to book. I tried the phone and website up until 11 AM, and then I asked my wife to take over. She was able to get through with the phone on her first try. She lives a good life. Someone must have been smiling on her. We more or less got what we wanted, so it ended well. A lot more stress than I was planning.

How did so many people know that there was free dining at 5 AM? The official release was this morning, wasn't it?

Is Bay Lake Tower included or excluded from the Free Dining? I'm already booked there, but was hoping to add free dining. I see different list of resort exclusions across the internet?

Also, if it's excluded what are the chances I can book a 1 bedroom suite at the Beach Club? Is the Beac Club nice?

On hold now, as today is our 180 day mark. Won't let me schedule online in MDE for our first day. I need to leave for work soon..and we aren't even doing the FD plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter