Free dining is here for the Fall

tiggermurr said:
What do you think of the possibilities of a room discount Oct 11-17?

Those are my dates too. I am feeling hopeless now though. I really need to stop searching these boards for signs of a discount... Good luck!

We are booked at POR from 10/5 - 10/12. I originally thought that would be a good week since it was before Columbus Day weekend. Any opinion on if you think the 10/2 end date would move to 10/5?? That would be great! Either way, we'll be at Disney so all is well! :)

We are booked at POR from 10/5 - 10/12. I originally thought that would be a good week since it was before Columbus Day weekend. Any opinion on if you think the 10/2 end date would move to 10/5?? That would be great! Either way, we'll be at Disney so all is well! :)

The leaked FD dates look to be solid, but hopefully the room discount will cover you. Good luck! :goodvibes

Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. As usual, Disney Visa holders should have a few days notice to book early, likely on July 29. The dates are below: September 29 - October 2 October 18 - November 2 November 11 - 23 December 12 - 22 As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party. Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included (can be upgraded to regular plan) All-Star Movies Resort All-Star Music Resort All-Star Sports Resort Pop Century Resort Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms) Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Carribean Beach Resort Coronado Springs Resort Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Animal Kingdom Lodge Yacht & Beach Club Resorts BoardWalk Inn Contemporary Resort Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Polynesian Resort Wilderness Lodge Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Bay Lake Tower Animal Kingdom Villas Beach Club Villas BoardWalk Villas Old Key West Resort Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge Fort Wilderness Cabins A word of thanks as well to Dave at **************. He and I have had continued discussions on this topic for some time and shared much insight on the Free Dining promotions both in September and beyond.

This is very good news :yay:

So, we are booked Sep 28-Oct 7 at AKL. If Free Dining begins on Sep. 29, do we have to do a split reservation so our pkg begins on Sep. 29 in order to receive the discount? Or can it apply during our stay and begin on Sep 29?

So, we are booked Sep 28-Oct 7 at AKL. If Free Dining begins on Sep. 29, do we have to do a split reservation so our pkg begins on Sep. 29 in order to receive the discount? Or can it apply during our stay and begin on Sep 29?

You would have to split it. Just keep in mind you would have to purchase at least a 2 day ticket to get the free dining.

Please clarify for me. If the FD ends on 10/2 but we check out on 10/6, we the other dates be covered? I'm new here and it's my first trip to Disney since I was a kid. Super excited!

Please clarify for me. If the FD ends on 10/2 but we check out on 10/6, we the other dates be covered? I'm new here and it's my first trip to Disney since I was a kid. Super excited!

As long as you check in on a covered date (even if it is the last eligible date), you can get FD for your entire stay up to 14 nights. :goodvibes

We are booked from 11/3 to 11/9 with the dinning plan. Now I'm thinking about adding 11/2 also so we get free dinning. I'll have to do the math, but if I can add a day and save money it's a no-brainer.

Im staying at Music (as of right now) Dec 7 - 14.
Can I get free dining for the 12th - 13th? If so, would I have to check out and check back in? Im not planning to do the dining plan at all, but sure would use it if I could get it those two days.
If I did do the check in, check out, could I leave the first part with the 7 day tickets? And then just do room and dining only for the nights of 12 and 13?
Sorry if this has been asked already.

Im staying at Music (as of right now) Dec 7 - 14.
Can I get free dining for the 12th - 13th? If so, would I have to check out and check back in? Im not planning to do the dining plan at all, but sure would use it if I could get it those two days.
If I did do the check in, check out, could I leave the first part with the 7 day tickets? And then just do room and dining only for the nights of 12 and 13?
Sorry if this has been asked already.

:welcome:

FD promotions require a 3 night minimum stay, so checking back in on the 12th will not be enough days. It also requires a minimum 2 day ticket purchase, so you would need to do two sets of tickets to hit the parks everyday. Hopefully the room discount will cover your dates. That would be the best option for you. Good luck! :goodvibes

Do you HAVE to buy the tickets? I am an annual pass holder and DVC. Is there any exceptions at all? =/ Seems a bit annoying to buy a two day when you already have AP.

This is great news as I had FD pin for most of my stay and now this will cover the remaining days!!:cool1:

Do you HAVE to buy the tickets? I am an annual pass holder and DVC. Is there any exceptions at all? =/ Seems a bit annoying to buy a two day when you already have AP.

Yes, a minimum 2day ticket must be purchased for everyone in the room age 2 and up. You can hold on to your 2 day ticket for a future trip, or use it towards your AP renewal. As long as the ticket remains unused, it will not expire.

Only if you want the free dining. You don't get something for nothing. People who get free dining are paying rack rate for their room and full price for their tickets. You're paying a reduced rate for your tickets and room. It's only fairly recently that WDW has even made DVC owners/AP holders eligible to purchase a dining plan at all.

This is great news as I had FD pin for most of my stay and now this will cover the remaining days!!:cool1:

Did you call to try and book the PIN? All of the free dining offers I've seen, PIN or general public offers, simply require that your vacation START on a date on which free dining is offered. The offer is good for the length of your stay (up to 14 days), even if the latter part of your vacation falls after the close of the offer.

Might have to take advantage of this.

Can someone give me a better idea (or point me in the right direction) of what is included in the free dining?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter